Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #1

Dentistry

I have a son that needs new teeth-was quoted about 30,000 for implants.Seems high to me,was wondering if any of you folks on the forum have had full replacement done in Mexico(south of Yuma)and how much you paid.Approx is OK, I am not being noisy just need to see if I can help him out.Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Community Administrator

How many implants ?

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Are both upper and lower arches involved? How many implants need to be placed.
I would NOT recommend going to Mexico for any work.
I need more info so I can be of more help.
Lloyd, DDS (just retired 2012)
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #4

He needs every thing replaced-as in the whole mouth.I do not know how many inplants would be needed.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
He needs every thing replaced-as in the whole mouth.I do not know how many inplants would be needed.
Typically, the lower arch would require a minimum of 4 implants, the upper 5.

30k does not sound unreasonable if the doctor knows what he is doing. PM me and I will contact a friend in CO to see who is good.
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #6

You will find much more information in this thread from page two onwards:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/do-yo...-148319-2.html

Reference to Costa Rica, USA and Mexico re implants.
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
SERVICES

Here is a price list. I have no input about the quality of work I have never gone there. But a lot of people have and I bet you can find reviews with a Google.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #8

Prices can very a lot you didn't say is he wanting implant supported dentures or implant supported bridge which would be a lot more, but looks more natural which for uppers and lowers could easily add to $30,000.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #9

We have had lots of dental work done in Mexico and we would trust the Mexican dentists over their American counterparts any day of the week.

We have had nothing but the most conscientious and meticulous care. Not only does it cost 25% to 35% of what it does in the US, but the dentists care a whole lot more about your well being. In our experience.

We have not had implants, but examples of the kind of work I've had done is:

A porcelain crown - installed within 24 hours of initial visit - $130
Three huge filling replacements in big rear molars - $90 each
Cleaning (1 hour, thorough, done by dentist) - $36

My hubby got the crown and it fit better than any other in his mouth. Went to dentist at 4 pm on Friday and had new crown in his mouth at noon Saturday! No temporaries, no x-rays, no garbage... just a perfectly fitting crown installed with care.

At the moment we've been spending 6 months a year living in Mexico on a sailboat, so getting dental care here is easy. Just ask around for a reference, get online and look for references, and make your decision based on who says what. There are quacks everywhere.

When the day comes that we don't spend winters in Mexico any more, we will travel here for our dental care. It's that good.

The comment from a retired American dentist friend of ours when he saw one of the big molar filling replacements in my mouth -- "Wow, that guy did a better job than most American dentists would." That's because he polished the filling, something American dentists don't waste their time with. But the result is a mirror smooth finish on the filling.

Just do your homework first, like you would with any dentist in any city north of the border...
Groovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
If you do some research you will find there are some very good Dental offices in Los Algodones Mexico. I personally have not have work done there but know several people that have had work done there and they say it was the same as any Dental office they have been in in the US or Canada. The cost was greatly reduced. I'm sure there are others that can recommend one of them.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I recently had work done (root canal and new porcelain crown) in Los Algodones and was very happy with it. Easily 1/3 of what I would have paid in the US and quality/care was excellent. If you're interested I wrote a 2-part blog series on it starting here:
http://wheelingit.wordpress.com/2013...g-myths-facts/

Nina
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
OP was asking about dental work in Los Algodones, Mexico. I have had work done and have been pleased. The Mexican dentist repaired a bad root canal my dentist had created and was not interested in fixing for me. The costs are usually 25 to 30% of US rates. The key to finding a good dentist in Algodones is to do some research on the internet first. Don't just wander down the street and hope for the best. There are several forums that have had discussions about Algodones dentists. I reviewed several forums like this one, Escapees group and the LOW group and three or four dentists names kept popping up. I also talked to people that where waiting for appointments and asked their experience and if they had been before. I ran into one guy who had been going to the same dentist for 15 years. I ended up using my second choice simply because the most popular dentist was busy at the time I needed work. I will continue to use the Mexican dentists as my #1 choice.
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #13

Thank you to all for your responces.Will look at Mexican side of things.My son lives in California so is close to there.Again thanks for responding.