Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Diesel prices are going nuts!

Three months ago diesel was $2.04. Today it is $2.77!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #2

Going to $4 this year, $5 next year.
move on is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 03:59 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Three months ago diesel was $2.04. Today it is $2.77!
Diesel as well as regular gas and they say it will be going up a lot more. I was camping up near Silver Springs for the past week and saw prices at $3.61 for Diesel right off of Rt. 75. Now understandable it's a lot more expensive buying right off a highway anyplace you go and usually I wait and find a local Gas station that sells diesel that can accommodate my large DP but that's not always possible. I did find diesel for $2.78 which is about the going rate around my house as well. Funny (not really) thing is now all these newbies are in for a shock when they see gas prices continuing to climb and how much camping is really going to cost them now. From what I hear this could've been avoided and you would think with the hit from the pandemic it would've been at least for another year or so.
dmctlc is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #4

Fuel prices are going up quickly across the country. Gasoline, Diesel, Propane and I assume home heating oil.
We are gonna be in for a ride, pun intended. We will have to see how this pans out but it doesn't look good.
Old 03-01-2021, 04:54 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
... From what I hear this could've been avoided and you would think with the hit from the pandemic it would've been at least for another year or so.
How could this have been avoided?
Old 03-01-2021, 04:56 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Gas prices here haven't increased that much, YET!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 04:59 PM   #7

It was bound to happen ! people trying to get rid of RV's that they are upside down in, will be next and more empty camping spots. Time to hit the road for us old buzzards that saved our money and kept our old rigs so we could buy fuel .lol
swampdog2 is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 05:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Gas prices here haven't increased that much, YET!
Buy it while you can. Mid-East coast is up 40-50 cents a gallon or more.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 05:04 PM   #9

Or it may just be a reversion to the mean.

Itís too soon to panic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20FD87D2-C374-4AC5-8689-358F0C2DC075.gif
Views:	7
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	319771  
Kid Gloves is online now   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 05:11 PM   #10

Think about it. The more fuel goes up the more attractive electric vehicles, windmill power and solar get. Windmill power is the most expensive there is and we haven't even gotten to the dismantle, recycle and replace them stage yet. This is all planned out. Shell oil is planning to build recharging stations. I bet those will be cheap to use, AT FIRST. Does anyone really think big oil is not going to replace the profits they now get from oil sales.
Roy-c is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 05:31 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Thread Warning

Several posts have been removed to political content please keep the replies within the rules. Thanks to those that have.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #12

I worked in the oil and gas industry for 35 years. I know the lifting costs of many of the big operators.
The oil and gas industry along with the companies that provide service for that industry have been hurting since the oil price crash early last year.
If the price of WTI crude would stabilize around $45-$50 a barrel, I believe everyone would be happy.
I'm hoping that we won't see $100 a barrel or possibly more as we have seen in the past.

The price of oil is driven by speculation but supply and demand come into play. Speculation can cause sudden price changes of a barrel of crude. But, somewhere down the line it pretty much levels out with supply and demand.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #13

We printed too many dollars. More dollars chasing the same gallon of fuel means that the price will go up. The only thing that doesn't change is that in the end a gallon of diesel is still a gallon of diesel.
move on is offline   Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I worked in the oil and gas industry for 35 years. I know the lifting costs of many of the big operators.
The oil and gas industry along with the companies that provide service for that industry have been hurting since the oil price crash early last year.
If the price of WTI crude would stabilize around $45-$50 a barrel, I believe everyone would be happy.
I'm hoping that we won't see $100 a barrel or possibly more as we have seen in the past.

The price of oil is driven by speculation but supply and demand come into play. Speculation can cause sudden price changes of a barrel of crude. But, somewhere down the line it pretty much levels out with supply and demand.
So much of the US oil is now shale. Somewhere in the mid to high $30/barrel it does not justify producing new shale wells. because the shale well life is shorter and production cost is higher and oil grade is lower then the traditional wells. Shale well only last a few years and then they have to drill new wells in the field.

Last year the US lost about 700K barrels a day of production and its expected to lose 1M/day this year. The problem is as wells dry up, new wells are not being drilled in the fields. Because there is no return benefits based on current oil prices.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel