Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2011, 06:14 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
''With regard to Seajay...I do not know you, but from what I've read in your posts...we could hang out. You seem to be a good man. Much respect to you for serving our great country both in and out of the military!''

And back at you my brother. Yep. It would be a treat to share a fire and beer with you anytime and for that matter Me and Willa would love to meet more IRV2 people........ Be safe....
ps. my tag on the coach is ''CJ&WILLA'' and on the toad its ''WILLA&CJ'', NC tag on a white over brown Pace Arrow. Come see us anytime.......

Thank our troops for their service to this great nation ......
Yes, sir! My treat!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
These forum posts remind me of when we use to go to FAMILY REUNIONS.
All the brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters, kids and everyone associated with the family would sit around a horse shoe shaped outdoor table and laugh and talk and drip gravy on their tie and in their laps. Conversation would flow free and sometimes kinda wild about most any subject and opinions would be shouted back and forth like cannon shots from a sailing ship. Sometimes someone would shake a spoon full of mashed potatoes with gravy at you to make a point on a subject that this person really knew very little about but he was loudest at the moment and he did have a spoon full of MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY and he would swing it like a gavel in a court room. Someone was usually poking fun at something someone else said five minutes ago and everyone had forgotten exactly what was said but we would all laugh just the same out of respect. Sometimes, occasionally, feeling would be hurt or mashed potatoes and gravy would be dripped on a person either by design or accident and a momentary flair up would happen and it always ended with the two people hugging and saying ''I'm Sorry'' and getting the food off their vest. People are People and I think this is why I frequent these forums and express myself on here.
I am glad these forums can be ''open'' for comments and decent and jokes and laughter and good fellowship. Thru the wonderment of computers and the inner net we can all be together at a ''reunion table or a large campfire'' and commute one with the other with respect for each other and a ''Occasional, SHAKING OF A SPOON FULL OF TATERS AND GRAVY'' to make a point. At least no one is showing a gun or shaking a buffalo skinner at the person with a different opinion that you may have.

Think about this for a minute....
Suppose wars were fought with everyone using spoons, full of mash potatoes and gravy? You would have to fight very close in because the trajectory of a spoon full of mashed potatoes is fairly poor and the accuracy is not much. I can just see it now....... The Sergent yells....

''Man your battle stations and prepare for a counter attack. Load your spoon with a heaping helping of moms good creamed potatoes and a drizzle of gravy that grandmaw made and dont sling till you see the ''naner puddin'' on their shirt ....... God help us all because some of you have eatin' your ammunition.'' (this guy is weird)

Disagreements would be a lot more fun and we would get a good meal to go along with them.

Anyhow. I have forgotten what I originally wanted to post but I guess it dont matter now. Y'all be safe

God keep our troops safe and bring them home real soon......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
*Grabs spoon and dips it into smashed taters*

Ready!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #32

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Do you use the drumsticks to keep cadence?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
I thought the OP meant he has only been drinking WINE a short time and is enjoying it.

Maybe too MUCH?
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #34

observations

I'm fairly new to this site and to the rv world. I have gained much valuable information and help from the "old timers" here. Just from reading some of the posts I have great admiration for those who have served our country and their insight to life. My father was a B-17 pilot and had great love for his country. I started working as soon as I was big enough to push a lawnmower. Walking through the neighborhood with a can of gas, knocking on doors and cutting a lawn for $1.00, which now would cost $35.00. My father woke me up at 6am on the morning after I graduated from high school and told me it was time to go to work. I thought I had died and gone to hell. But.........I got up, went to work, and have been there for 40 years. The company put me through collage and has provided me and my family for all these years. I've never missed a paycheck even though there were buyouts, bankruptcies, and plant layoffs. I've been truly blessed. Lucky? Maybe.......but I contribute it to the man that woke me up that day in 1971. He had instilled in my that nothing was free, you had to achieve your lifestyle by hard work. His teachings were relavant to both his love of country and his work ethic. Not to get on Seajays soapbox, but I'm proud of my country, my family and my life. The DW and I are now beginning to enjoy life through our travels. I envy those of you who are fulltimers, that is our goal. Still have some work left to do, but we are getting closer. I enjoy this forum and most of those who post here. After 40 years with the same company and the number of employees I have witnessed come and go I truly can support Seajays thoughts on employees. The work place today has become a shell of what it was when I began my career.
One final closing thought, having never served in the military I do have complete admiration and thanks for those who have. God bless you and thank you, all of you, who have allowed one poor boy to achieve a great lifestyle.
Seajay, Wayne, and all of the others, if we ever meet the first one is one me.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
These forum posts remind me of when we use to go to FAMILY REUNIONS.
All the brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters, kids and everyone associated with the family would sit around a horse shoe shaped outdoor table and laugh and talk and drip gravy on their tie and in their laps. Conversation would flow free and sometimes kinda wild about most any subject and opinions would be shouted back and forth like cannon shots from a sailing ship. Sometimes someone would shake a spoon full of mashed potatoes with gravy at you to make a point on a subject that this person really knew very little about but he was loudest at the moment and he did have a spoon full of MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY and he would swing it like a gavel in a court room. Someone was usually poking fun at something someone else said five minutes ago and everyone had forgotten exactly what was said but we would all laugh just the same out of respect. Sometimes, occasionally, feeling would be hurt or mashed potatoes and gravy would be dripped on a person either by design or accident and a momentary flair up would happen and it always ended with the two people hugging and saying ''I'm Sorry'' and getting the food off their vest. People are People and I think this is why I frequent these forums and express myself on here.
I think we're related, I've been to the same family reunions.
Quote:
I am glad these forums can be ''open'' for comments and decent and jokes and laughter and good fellowship. Thru the wonderment of computers and the inner net we can all be together at a ''reunion table or a large campfire'' and commute one with the other with respect for each other and a ''Occasional, SHAKING OF A SPOON FULL OF TATERS AND GRAVY'' to make a point. At least no one is showing a gun or shaking a buffalo skinner at the person with a different opinion that you may have.

Think about this for a minute....
Suppose wars were fought with everyone using spoons, full of mash potatoes and gravy? You would have to fight very close in because the trajectory of a spoon full of mashed potatoes is fairly poor and the accuracy is not much. I can just see it now....... The Sergent yells....

''Man your battle stations and prepare for a counter attack. Load your spoon with a heaping helping of moms good creamed potatoes and a drizzle of gravy that grandmaw made and dont sling till you see the ''naner puddin'' on their shirt ....... God help us all because some of you have eatin' your ammunition.'' (this guy is weird)

Disagreements would be a lot more fun and we would get a good meal to go along with them.

Anyhow. I have forgotten what I originally wanted to post but I guess it dont matter now. Y'all be safe

God keep our troops safe and bring them home real soon......
You're far from weird my internet friend and if all goes well we may be able someday to do the face to face and fire and beers routine.
Please keep them coming as everyone needs a good chance to laugh at them selves and what you post holds true for a lot of us.

Thanks Dennis
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb2 View Post
I JUST READ SOME VEIWS ON DRUG TESTING IAGREE
BUT I FOUND OUT THAT THIS SITE DOES NOT BELIVE IN GIVING A SECOND CHANCE AND DONT BELIVE IN HELPING PEOPLE AND FOR THE MAN THAT PEE IN THE WINE HE NEEDS TO THANK GOD HE DIDNT DO THAT TO ME
IHAVE ONLY BEEN ON FOR A SHORT TIME AND HAVE IN JOYED IT
BUT WHAT I READ HERE IS THAT DONT GIVE HELP AND TURN YOUR NOSE UP AT PEOPLE HAVEING A BAD TIME I SAW WHAT BOOZE DONE FOR MY FAMILY GROWING UP ITS LEGAL REMEBER YOUR ONLY ONE BAD THING FROM BEING IN THESE PEOPLE SHOES
Note to jwb2..... I just read over all the replies to your original comment and I think a lot of people INCLUDING MYSELF were rather harsh in our comments to you. For myself I do most humbly apologize for any comment that I may have stated on this forum that may have offended you in any way. This is your right and privileged to express yourself in a manner that you feel is right. You will notice a lot of us on here are Veterans and all of us have carried arms and a lot of us have put it all on the line for the privilege of speaking ones mind. This is what you did and I for one am proud of you for saying what you think. If I read your profile right you have been on IRV2 since Jan, 2011 and I believe you have made seven posts.
Let me say again that if I have offended you by any of my comments I DO MOST HUMBLY APOLOGIZE and I would like to say WELCOME TO THE FORUM......
I would consider it proud if some of you other guys that may have came down hard on this person to welcome this person to the forums because we need all the people that will post something that we can get.
Keep reading and keep posting please and enjoy the forums as much as we do .....

Travel safe my friend ....
Seajay the sailor man ........

Thank a Vet for your freedom......
Old 06-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #37

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As for this site giving second chances, Happens every day... Now if Seejay wishes to or not to give a 2nd chance to an employee who screws up.. That's between he and his employee... If he does not give 2nd chances for drugs.. I'd not mind working for him... Though, there are other issues which might prevent that (I am not officially disabled but I have a feeling I should be.. Very low stamina)

Next page.. The original poster.. I got the distinct impression that American English is a long way from his first language.. So let's give him a second chance.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #38

Seajay,

I'd have enjoyed being a fly on the wall when you and Wayne and your DWs got together!

You're one of my favorite posters. I get so tickled when reading about some of your adventures.

liz
Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Seajay,

I'd have enjoyed being a fly on the wall when you and Wayne and your DWs got together!

You're one of my favorite posters. I get so tickled when reading about some of your adventures.

liz
Wayne the Marine and Ms. Earlene, Willa and Me spent a couple days just shooting the bull and have good fellowship down in Fort Mill. It was the first time we ever did a ''face to face'' and it was great. Wayne and I have been ''jabbing'' at each other for a couple years and, for a Marine, he is above average. He and his lady are very pleasant to be around and his wife Ms. Earlene is sharp as a tack. This was our first real encounter with another IRV2 couple and we hope to make it down to Texas to see them again.
As to the ''stories'' and '' posts'' that I put up they are actually from real experiences that we have had during some 16 years of camping from here to Alaska and all over the USA. I will warn you that if you read a post that I may post with ''cough cough'' in the text that it would be best to take that one with a grain of salt (maybe two) because it has probably been embellished to the point that most of the ''truth'' has been overwritten. Those stories are for entertainment mostly but a lot of them are based on actual fact and have been made a lot more interesting with some window dressing.

No matter........ Thank you kindly for your kind comments and believe me, I enjoy posting on here every bit as much as you enjoy reading the posts.

My great wish is that more people would ''post'' on here. Just tell it like you would say it to someones face and it will come out fine. That is pretty much what I do most of the time.......

Lets all ask someone to bring our troops home real soon ......
Old 06-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb2 View Post
I JUST READ SOME VEIWS ON DRUG TESTING IAGREE
BUT I FOUND OUT THAT THIS SITE DOES NOT BELIVE IN GIVING A SECOND CHANCE AND DONT BELIVE IN HELPING PEOPLE AND FOR THE MAN THAT PEE IN THE WINE HE NEEDS TO THANK GOD HE DIDNT DO THAT TO ME
IHAVE ONLY BEEN ON FOR A SHORT TIME AND HAVE IN JOYED IT
BUT WHAT I READ HERE IS THAT DONT GIVE HELP AND TURN YOUR NOSE UP AT PEOPLE HAVEING A BAD TIME I SAW WHAT BOOZE DONE FOR MY FAMILY GROWING UP ITS LEGAL REMEBER YOUR ONLY ONE BAD THING FROM BEING IN THESE PEOPLE SHOES
I think it's not people having a hard time that anyone has a problem with. I believe it's the use of illegal drugs while not feeding their children and expecting society to pay for it.

Second chances? I believe in them-absolutely, when they clean up, stand up, and man up.

(For the record, I like my beer. I do. I love a campfire, a corona with 2 limes, and some smores. However, those Coronas only come out of the cooler when I am not doing anything but sitting down and enjoying them-not a minute before.)
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #41

Seajay... Go Navy. Great comments above.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #42

Coleman 6, I'll second that. Love the Corona and lime.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote