Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Do NOT visit Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI COACH View Post
Being born and raised in Seattle I have seen the city and surrounding areas decline in my 60 years here. If you look for ugliness guess what you will see it everywhere... Not that I turn a blind eye because I don't, I choose to look for something more positive, the Olympic Mountains to the west, the Cascades to the east, Mount Rainier in all of its glory to the south, I ski in the winter 1 hour away, I boat on Puget Sound 5 minutes away, I drive to the desert or the Pacific ocean 2 hours away, I can be in a foreign country in 2.5 hours. Seattle/Tacoma traffic sucks, YES, there are homeless, YES, but from sounds of it we are very similar to other cities across this country.

I’ve traveled a bit in the last few years and nothing compares to the west coast issues. The no drug enforcement out of compassion has caused all the drug and mental issues to blow way out of proportion . I have a daughter who was involved in the drug trap. And still is going to fight those demons the rest of her life (NA) The high cost of housing is a factor but not the primary. These folks, like the documentary shows, aren’t interested in “housing “. In fact they prefer the squalor shown here with their paranoia at full throttle. There mental state precludes any "job" that can earn even a basic living.Giving them a place to live freely does not solve the REAL Drug and mental issues. They will still use and create the same conditions in a new place. Killing themselves even faster
Sadly they are in a place we’re being locked up if they refuse "help" or hopefully being locked up with REAL help (and real help only comes when the person Wants it) .. you can't "force" it on them I learned this the hard way. It is the only hope these cities and people have.
We are compassionate to a fault and it’s literally killing these people and those who must put up with it deal with the consequences JMO
Portland my home city is a joke. The let them do what they want idea is a total failure. as was the inhumane sanitariums of the past. we must institute the Humane version of these enforcement choices People on drugs or in mental crisis as a result are incapable of controlling anything in their lives.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
The whole west coast from Canada to Mexico is one big mess and its not too hard to figure out who caused it.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #73

Are you talking BOUT AN INDIVIDUAL OR A GROUP?
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #74

I have a distant relative, that has been in and out of jail, on and off drugs, and on and off the street. Being across the country from her, We do not see any of what she goes through. Could never understand how she could spend a year or two in jail, and then come out and be right back on drugs. I always thought being off for awhile would wake them up, and not want to go back there. I never thought of it as a life long issue.

I also would never have imagined a drug dealer being let go right away.

On a broader scale, with all the money spent on any medical research, It does not seem like we make much progress.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superburban View Post
I have a distant relative, that has been in and out of jail, on and off drugs, and on and off the street. Being across the country from her, We do not see any of what she goes through. Could never understand how she could spend a year or two in jail, and then come out and be right back on drugs. I always thought being off for awhile would wake them up, and not want to go back there. I never thought of it as a life long issue.

I also would never have imagined a drug dealer being let go right away.

On a broader scale, with all the money spent on any medical research, It does not seem like we make much progress.
I worked one summer with a guy that had just got out of prison, in fact he got out a little early with the help from the company I worked for. he was a supper nice guy, great to work with and be around .but one day he told me that he liked it in prison and would probably like to go back. I understood, he had a good paying job but nothing else. I mean nothing, no relatives it would be a hard start theses days.
Jay D.
Jay D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:46 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D. View Post
I worked one summer with a guy that had just got out of prison, in fact he got out a little early with the help from the company I worked for. he was a supper nice guy, great to work with and be around .but one day he told me that he liked it in prison and would probably like to go back. I understood, he had a good paying job but nothing else. I mean nothing, no relatives it would be a hard start theses days.
Jay D.
That does bring up another tidbit, my relative would spend her full sentence, and not take any parole, as the way the parolees are treated, makes it hard to attempt a normal life. I remember she stayed with my mother in law, one time when she was on parole, and they came in several times, and tore the place apart, looking for drugs & what not. She would be called at random times to go over, and pee in the bottle, did not matter if she was working, or not.

I have a hard time visualizing where our society is headed. On one side, you see them making all kinds of things that were misdemeanors, and making them felony's. Then you see stuff like this, where the cops have given up, since all kinds of things they are no longer allowed to give tickets / arrests, or the DA just ignores the charges.

I used to know several Philla cops, that no longer enjoyed their jobs, and were just putting in the time. Now it is making sense.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:03 PM   #77

Well Gang,
We're scheduled to fly into Seattle in the early part of June, so we can depart on an Alaskan Cruise through Norwegian, the next day. We won't be doing a lot of touristy stuff since we'll be there for pretty much less than 24 hours before boarding on the boat. So, I guess we'll be missing all this drugs, needles, camping in the streets and all that.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote