Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts ?
Yes 25 41.67%
No 19 31.67%
Unsure 16 26.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Although not really RV related this is interesting. I really don't see where being a Christian should have any real bearing on the belief in ghosts. What is the defination of a ghost? "The spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats.". Would that not also apply to an angel?
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Although not really RV related this is interesting. I really don't see where being a Christian should have any real bearing on the belief in ghosts. What is the defination of a ghost? "The spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats.". Would that not also apply to an angel?
Since you asked;

According to Christian belief, angels were never human, existing only in eternity as pure spirit without physical bodies, and occasionally visiting earth on errands from God.

The 19th and 20th century convention of referring to our dear departed as "angels" is not supported in Scripture, although it offers comfort to those grieving.

There is little or no basis or evidence in New or Old Testament to support a belief that once the soul or spirit ("breath" in the original Hebrew) has left the body, it would hang around its earthly haunts for indeterminate reasons. It's pretty much contrary to what Christians believe about the immortality of the soul and the immediate judgement we'll all face after death.

That being said, belief in ghosts, whatever they are, is probably not heretical, but is an uneasy fit with what we believe.

Non-believers are of course entitled to believe or disbelieve as they choose. I think that ghosts are actually an integral part of Chinese ancestor worship.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #31

I have just about 50 great photos, of full image ghost and I have a lot of "full color" animal images, from beyond, shall we say. I will have my photos as will travel . I have been doing this for the past twenty years..Tom
TomTheOilMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
In all my life I have never even considered a religious connotation to ghosts. I suppose there could be. Hmmm??

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A few unusual things have happened over a period of time in our house so I can't say I don't believe in them. Nothing bad has happened so they must be friendly. And that's a good thing!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
If I had a ghost, I'd teach it to dump and wash the RV. Might as well make them earn their keep!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #35
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheOilMan View Post
I have just about 50 great photos, of full image ghost and I have a lot of "full color" animal images, from beyond, shall we say. I will have my photos as will travel . I have been doing this for the past twenty years..Tom
Can you post some of your ghost photos?
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #36

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I checked the YES button, but my belief is not exactly the classic "Topper" or "Christmas Carol" type belief.. And no, I do not wish to describe it.

But there are just too many Ghost stories which have been documented to not believe.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #37

I'm a non believer and have always found it comical that ghosts can never just walk up to you as a clear image and say " hello I'm a ghost" in a clear voice. Its always a little flash of light, a piano playing by itself or some faint image etc. Just like in the movies.. These ghosts must know that we have digital cameras

Having said that I do believe in evil spirits hence the high cost of fuel.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
I'm a non believer and have always found it comical that ghosts can never just walk up to you as a clear image and say " hello I'm a ghost" in a clear voice. Its always a little flash of light, a piano playing by itself or some faint image etc. Just like in the movies.. These ghosts must know that we have digital cameras

Having said that I do believe in evil spirits hence the high cost of fuel.
Why do you imagine that ghosts (whatever they are) either have the ability or the desire to "say hello?" Maybe they only see US in a little flash of light, faint music or whatever? You seem to assume that if they exist, ghosts must be sentient beings with physical abilities similar to ours, and if they are not sentient and physical, etc., they must not exist.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Chapter 2 on spirits. When I was 14 my father was stricken with a perforation ulcer in his stomach, was rushed to the hospital and given over 14 pints of blood they got the bleeding stopped but were unsure if it would hold. We all went home from the hospital about 11pm exhausted everyone fell asleep. At 3:02 my mother woke up and started praying this went on for 10 minutes and then she told us she had heard my fathers voice calling here name and asking her the pray for him. The next morning we went to the hospital and were told my dad had been taken into emergency surgery and 2/3 of his stomach hand been removed. They told us at 3:02 his heart had stopped and had to be restarted 2 times. These are the good spirits that look over us. there will be a chapter 3
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #40

I definitely believe. I grew up in what was considered a haunted house. All of us (including friends) would testify to the weirdness in our home. I don't believe they are "ghosts" per se, but we do live in a spiritual world. I have seen and experienced both good and evil spirits and both of them spook the heck out of me. The story of the house is that after it was built, my grandmother died of breast cancer and my grandfather, in his grief, committed suicide in the bathroom. Several years later, a carpenter who was working on the house doing some improvements fell off a ladder and the drill went through his chest when he fell. Lots of weirdness to say the least. My grandfather cursed the very land that he lived and later died on. It was weird growing up there for sure and so many of my friends didn't want to stay over.....for lots of reason. I could tell stories that would make your skin crawl!
dawnbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Why do you imagine that ghosts (whatever they are) either have the ability or the desire to "say hello?" Maybe they only see US in a little flash of light, faint music or whatever? You seem to assume that if they exist, ghosts must be sentient beings with physical abilities similar to ours, and if they are not sentient and physical, etc., they must not exist.
I don't imagine ghosts to have any abilities. As I mentioned I don't believe in ghosts with the exception of Casper the friendly ghost. Why is it that a ghost can play a piano in tune but cant talk?
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote