Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Is road rage a problem for you?
Not a problem, I just FIDO him (forget it & drive on) 52 31.71%
It's really irritating, but I don't let it control my actions 95 57.93%
I get really angry, shaking my fist at him, honking my horn, etc. 10 6.10%
I would really like to kill the guy! 7 4.27%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2021, 05:33 PM   #57

I get very upset when people do the following;

Ride up my but when I’m doing 10 miles over the speed limit regardless of the lane I’m in.

Speed up when I put my signal on to go in to their lane.

When in a congested situation and people don’t allow traffic to enter a lane by alternating a car in to traffic, if everyone would just let one car in at a time we’d all move along.

When people zig zag in/out of traffic.

Having said that, i don’t act upon anything, I just get annoyed !

However, the worst case of road rage I experienced was in Oklahoma, using pike pass. Driving our Class C, not sure of where I was going through the electronic toll, my GPS said to stay in the left lane, as I crossed the electronic toll collecting device some F$&#+!g idiot passed me on the right, blaring his horn, got in front of me and slammed on his brakes! And we were towing our car! I almost hit him and swerved a little more than I ever care too! It’s a good thing my rig and toad are setup correctly, this could have been a disaster!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2021, 06:09 PM   #58

In your motorhome you're on holidays. Take a valium. Too many idiots with guns out there. Like the idiot that takes a gun to hold up a 7-11 he'll have 20 others with guns more than happy to take him out lol
Dth2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:13 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHinman View Post
I have never understood what “cutting someone off” meant. Changing lanes in front of me? What’s the big deal - it is not a race. If another vehicle wants to merge into the lane in front of me I will back off and let them. Sometimes I want/need to change lanes too.

Sometimes other drivers get pretty aggressive with lane changes, zooming up on the right and ducking into the lane ahead of me. Is that “cutting me off”? It does not really affect the time it takes to get somewhere.
If I have to alter my driving, i.e. hit the brakes, then the other guy is guilty of cutting me off, is my definition.
Steve-n-Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:29 PM   #60

The ol paint ball gun behind the grill sends the idiots home with a souvenir.
I'll call it humor, not rage.

Richard
Old 08-29-2021, 07:02 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by House Husband View Post
The ol paint ball gun behind the grill sends the idiots home with a souvenir.
I'll call it humor, not rage.

Richard
Be careful they don't use a 357 mag for retort.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:50 PM   #62

Road rage abatement

Put a sticky note on your dash,

"LET IT GO, IT ISN"T WORTH IT"

When an episode presents itself just look at the sticker and read it aloud. I worked wonders for me in times of close calls by aggressive drivers.

Good luck
Irvwith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:02 PM   #63

Everyone should have a problem with someone else displaying road rage.

No one should display it themselves.

Relax. You're on vacation, towing or driving a big rig. Your job is to be safe, to protect others and your passengers and yourself.

Someone flips me off, honks, cuts me off--that's their blood pressure and stroke or aneurism waiting for them, not mine.

Practice that age-old advice "treat others the way you'd like to be treated". It can save your life. And maybe even the life of that guy with road rage, when he starts realizing life's too short, and no one else is blowing their cool. He's the odd one out, on the fast path to the grave.
DuluthFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #64

No problem anymore

I grew up in Chicago and started driving in 1975

It was really frustrating to drive here be it on side streets, main streets and expressways. At each Redlight cars would attempt to pass you by using the Parking Lane. When the light turned Green it was like you were at a drag strip waiting on the starting light on the Tree. Fortunately I had a 67 Goat. Wish I still had that car as I never knew it was one of the top 2 or 3 Muscle Cars of the day.

In 1987 I moved to the Suburbs in Hanover Park. It was 35 miles and it would take 2 hours at a minimum. I was an Ironworker, one of those guys you see walking steel beams. The highest I worked was 70 stories walking those 4 inch wide beams. Back then we didn’t have ANY Safety devices. If we fell inside the building the maximum fall was 1 floors. On the street side I would have fallen anywhere between 1 floor and the highest I worked which was 70 FLOORS.

Needless to say working hard like that I wouldn’t let anyone F with me as I wanted to get home. I had many fights along the trip home and an old timer told me to join a health club. I said what the hell do I need a health club for ? I am on my feet all day, climbing columns, walking beams and the most I carried daily BY MYSELF for 3 MONTHS WAS 13,500 POUNDS of REBAR. Did I say EVERY DAY? His reply was to stop fighting. He said walk over to the club after work, work out for two hours and then drive home in 45 minutes. So, I would go play Raquetball, Shower then Jump in the Jacuzzi and another shower then drive home. Damm it worked out perfectly for me and no more fights.

Now though being retired I drive in the right lane at 62 mph and 99 % of the people doing Road Rage don’t want to slow down to mess with me. If they do I wait until the last moment that I can safely exit then exit and then wait for a few minutes before getting back on. At that point they will be 2 or 3 miles away when I get back on.

Sorry but this is the Readers Digest Version.
IronRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 11:16 PM   #65

The ones that piss me off are the ones doing something stupid, like going ninety, or cutting me off, who then have the gall to honk at ME, when they find I’m in their way!

I give them a quick FUA under my breath and forget about them. I don’t give them the satisfaction of bothering me!
JaimesBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:10 AM   #66

Forest River Owners Club
yes I do. what pisses me off when you are in a work zone and the ones that behind can't wait there turn.I personally put my truck in one lane and the camper in the other.if they try to pass me there going in the the grass on the left or the rail on the right.if I come up on a entrance I let one person thru like u should.once u behind me u r staying behind me.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:25 AM   #67

Forest River Owners Club
yes I do. what pisses me off when you are in a work zone and the ones that behind can't wait there turn.I personally put my truck in one lane and the camper in the other.if they try to pass me there going in the the grass on the left or the rail on the right.if I come up on a entrance I let one person thru like u should.once u behind me u r staying behind me.
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:54 AM   #68

Not much while driving the MH. A little more while driving the car, but I know there is a limit you can get away with.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:09 AM   #69

I used to let things get to me when I was younger. I'd blow the horn, flip someone the bird or mouth something I know the other driver could understand. I've pretty much gotten over that the last few years. Here in Florida you can be right more than wrong when you assume the other driver has a gun in their car and getting in an altercation can turn tragic over nothing.

As far as I can see, road rage is when someone thinks you are getting the bester of them. You cut in a line in traffic or cut them off on the highway. You're inattentive. Driving too slow (or too fast). "I need to teach that guy a lesson so he'll never do that again" is a common thought. "If I show this person how wrong they are, all drivers will benefit". Nonsense like that.

I make lots of driving mistakes. I know I've unintentionally cut people off or did some other dumb because I did not see somebody. I don't text while I drive and I try to stay off the phone if I can (only using hands free when I do). When people are merging on the highway I'll do my best to let them in as long as I don't cause another problem (like braking when someone is too close behind me). I NEVER blow my horn unless it is to warn someone of something about to happen. I don't blow it afterward. Watch a few road rage YouTube dash cam videos. You see these idiots with dash cams that are literally begging to create a road rage situation by blowing their horn at people. Then they get brake checked or something and the fight is on.

The latest local story is a water rage incident between a boat and some jet skis. 2 people went to the hospital with life threatening injuries. All over what?

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/lake...DT3GOA6KTQBEM/
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:24 AM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not anymore. It use to bother me until I installed a Airhorn that scares the crap out other drivers. Bought it from Amazon. It came with everything needed for installation. No more squeaky horn. Works great and gets everyone's attention.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem