Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #99

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great Thread!

We recently purchased our first used class A motorhome after 10+ years of renting a C class.

Our oldest Son has hinted to borrow it, but has not asked outright... we have been discussing how we will respond if and when he does ask, still not sure, but this read helps.

Great responses by all here!
DudePa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #100

Thor Owners Club
I think you should have posed this question to us before you did it. It may have helped with your decision. We have had a truck, many of them over the years and have loaned out our truck to very close friends or relatives and had a couple of bad experiences. One got damaged by a tree, truck was only a year old. The other when we loaned it to a member of our church to pick up a trailer. He blew a tire, took the ditch and damaged my truck. Never offering to pay a dime! So in answer to your question NO! Never again!! Now we have offered to let our Pastor or my Sister use our 5th wheel at it's permanent camp site/home base since it is all hooked up and ready to use. That is a lot different then them pulling it down the road. And even then we gave them instruction on basic stuff. Glad it worked out ok, but I would never have done that with zero experience at hand you took a huge risk!
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #101

Hey Gordon we are in the same boat re the kids and their mindset and we didn't raise them that way either. When they were growing up we kept all our cars, boats, RV ect for long periods of time and they always looked and ran like brand new.

They also keep hinting but won't ask because they know me too well. I guess the newer generation just sees replacement as the norm. I always tell them when I get rich like them, then I'll waste money...haha
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #102

No, Nope, Nada, Really, Never going to happen; I would never lend my rig to anyone!
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote