Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #15

I read this and think if walking and texting is so difficult, how the heck to people think they can drive and text?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbmrm View Post
I watched a woman walk out of an ATM a few years ago, between 2 parked cars and right in front of a truck. The truck stopped and she actually walked into and bounced off of his front fender. This woman hit the ground and started wailing about her back...

It took a couple of years, but I was called to give a deposition on it. They were really surprised when I pulled out my ATM receipt with the dates and times, with a written account of what happened on the back (including a diagram). I felt so bad for the poor guy in the truck. He was in no way at fault for this dimwit walking into his truck, but she still tried to take him for a ride.
Bless you. Too many people wouldn't have wanted to get involved.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #17

It happened again! We were at Costco today. I was pushing a cart with only one thing in it and was coming down an aisle. As I approached the intersection I saw a woman pushing a cart loaded to the brim - plus some, coming down the intersecting lane. I realized at my current speed and hers we would collide, so I stopped on the right side about 3 feet shy of the intersection. She made a turn toward me and I immediately saw 3 things wrong. First was her cart filled to the brim was hard to turn and she was making a wide sweeping turn right toward me. Second, she was texting someone and wasn't really looking where she was going, and third she had these impossibly long fingernails to be texting. How on earth do they do it? I have trouble texting with my fat fingers but those fingernails must have covered 4 keys every time she hit a key!

If it hadn't been for looking at her long fingernails I probably would have back my cart up a tad to allow her to complete her wide turn, but I was distracted and didn't. (that's the story I told Sharon anyway)

She plowed right into my cart. My first reaction was to say "I sorry". Hers was to say "why did you run into my cart you old goat, can't you see?Maybe that cane you are using should have a white tip!"

Now usually I am a live and let live person, and I whether these type of incidents well. But calling me an "old goat"? I let slip "I sure hope you don't have a driver's license and actually drive a real car" comment. She responded with "I drive a Beemer I'll have you know". So since I was on a roll I said "sure hope you drive it better than you do a shopping cart"!

She was struggling to back her cart up and get it into her side of the lane and she said "back your cart up you fool". I responded "Nope, I was here first" and stood my ground.

At the Costco checkout line with my wife of 45 years(yep, next week!), that "lady" pulls her cart up about 3 lanes over and yells loud enough that the entire store must have heard "hey lady your pathetic boyfriend is a real A.. Hole. I'd dump him if I was you". Sharon look at me and said quietly "you know she may have a point" and smiled real big.

So yes, I am in favor of passing a law saying "No texting while driving shopping carts especially those who woman with long fingernails who drive Beemers".

Did I do wrong? Should I paint a white tip on my cane?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote