Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #43

Have to be a strong fat dog to push the air button down,,granted this one is gas but as what was stated earlier I don't see a dog being able to push an air knob down and hold enough to release,,,insurance job
gwhollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2019, 04:55 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhollis View Post
Have to be a strong fat dog to push the air button down,,granted this one is gas but as what was stated earlier I don't see a dog being able to push an air knob down and hold enough to release,,,insurance job
If this is a gasser, it wouldn't have had an air knob. I'm not aware of any gas rigs with air brakes. Additionally, probably not a push button shifter. It would have been a shift lever on the column. If it had an autopark brake, it would have had a button similar to an air button, but really an electric switch that moves very easily, if the driver even set it at all. Its really a redundant switch as putting the trans in park accomplishes the same thing. But if the autopark switch wasn't pulled, then all the dog had to do was hit the shifter and knock it down one notch to reverse.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #45

Silly DOMO, can't you see the front grille? It's a gas rig.
one55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #46

Dogs, the scourge of buying used rvs. I guess we all dont mind dirt when its our own.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:52 PM   #47

Hmm....if only that dog could talk, he might have few words in his defense.
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
If the RV was in park with the engine off and parking brake on this would never have happened.
Park brake would have been on. The dog probably stepped on the release and away it went. I have a U shaped piece of metal I slide under the release button so mine can't do that. They do like to look out the window to see where we are. lol
Relaxinrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #49

Thats a hell of away to rince out those grey & black water tanks....

https://www.wbir.com/article/sports/...5-22b94b18dd6a

.[/QUOTE]
Kbullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:49 PM   #50

Water logged rv

Aside from the normal mold control that your probably doing- you might want to open up electrical boxes and wire junction points- there sealed for dust and moisture but not submersion, they might have let water in which in the short term might not cause a problem but u might find corrosion will start to give u intermittent electrical faults that will be hard to troubleshoot

.[/QUOTE]
Dan S Karas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #51

That looks to be around a 2008 Safari Simba 38 on either a Roadmaster or Freightliner Front Engine Diesel Chassis with the push button shift.

My Akita used to love sitting in the drivers seat and set off the air horns when people walked too close to the front of the coach. She was good at bumping off the generator too so we ended up putting a baby gate across the opening between the seats to discourage her from getting in the cab however if she was determined she would still get in there. Her claws would have been able to engage the transmission though I am not sure if the brake lights work on the key pad or if there is a brake pedal interlock on those like there is on the gas powered front engine models. A Dalmatian would have been able to depress the buttons with its claws too if it was scrambling about looking at all the activity at the ramp.

The cat didn't weigh enough to do much aside from step on a remote and turn the TV on or change a channel which at 2 AM would give you a start.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:34 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
Dog puts fisherman's RV in reverse, backs it into lake.

The insurance adjuster told the owners “if you think we’re going to pay for this, you’re barking up the wrong tree.”
tigerfanbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
I was saying that tongue and cheek. You know....ha, ha. funny, funny, take a happy pill, that kinda of stuff!

But since you brought this up and posted this accurate, scientific, circled illustrated image that clearly shows deep indented push buttons on that transmission keypad, buttons that look to be at least 4.7625mm deep, how could a canines paw pad—penetrate and push—the specific button, to activate and transfer this MH in reverse, and in doing so, also engaging earth's gravitational pull and let's not forget, also releasing the parking brake (assuming it was engaged as proper protocol calls for), to plunge this unfortunates soul's recreational vehicle into this large body of H2O? Please furnish charts, graphs and other supporting data to support your claim.

Oh BTW...I speak Fluent Sarcasm.

I'm just trying to educate the uneducated who would prefer to post sarcastic comments concerning the misfortune of others than to take five minutes out of their hectic, non-stop, action filled day to find out how such an event as this could happen and maybe prevent it from happening to others. But to everyone it is so blatantly obvious, and I don't know how I could have missed it, that your extensive and detailed background knowledge of a 2007 Safari Simba 38SBS built on a FrED chassis with an Allison 2100 automatic transmission with push button shift pad, or every motor coach ever marketed in North America, so greatly exceeds everyone who has posted on this thread that you can state, unequivocally, with an accuracy out to four metric decimal points the depth of the individual keypad switches, an accuracy us the great unwashed can not even comprehend, that we should all just refer any future questions, comment and concerns regard anything, not just how a front engine diesel could possibly be shifted into any gear by a dog standing on the keypad, to the your highness, the great all knowing, who sits high on the mountaintop so we may all see and worship him at any given moment.

And keep practicing your sarcasm. Basic conversational maybe, fluent not so much. Or maybe cut back on the happy pills. Everything in moderation.

A follow up to the original video, five minutes of effort by the way, to support my claim as requested. Not sure why it's needed considering you already knew what happened. https://youtu.be/e7CzyyqL_3U
Old 01-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #54

Now, if they claimed a cat did it...
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:29 PM   #55

Dang!

That's almost like something you'd see in a movie!
1970s Titans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:53 PM   #56

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
May be a dog, may be a self driving RV gone bad, or an alien, maybe a drunk, who knows for now. Perhaps follow the money in this story, the insurance guys will likely get the truth. After all the truth is out there....

For sure, every year many tow vehicles for boats do take a swim. I've seen it, without anyone in the vehicle.

One of my best takes was a take out for a brand new boat, first time in the water. In short the closing scene was the guy in his new fancy boat with transom still down sitting high and dry on the boat ramp screaming as girlfriend/wife was last seen driving the truck and empty trailer away from the boat ramp. I did not see her return. No dog required.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogs, motorhome