Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #1

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I noticed a link to a "donation" on the forum today. Anyone know what that's about ??</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #2

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I noticed a link to a "donation" on the forum today. Anyone know what that's about ??</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Shannone..
iRV2 is pretty much a subsidized forum. A few people actually pay out of their own pockets to keep this site up and running. I hope you have noticed that you DO NOT see pop-up ads all over the place...well it seems that the owners have decided to keep the site as clean of that stuff as much as they can...but the few ads they have are strictly ads that you as a site participant/visitor have to click on as an option.
The iRV2 group has always accepted donations... but I think they would appreciate any donations from any members/advertisers that would help deter the cost they are paying monthly to keep the site running as smoothly as it does..instead of them having to pick the change from the lint from their pockets. I for one ..would donate as much as I can afford ...because ...now that I think about it - I get more entertainement from iRV2 than I do going to the movie for an !

OK.. I am now going to challenge everyone to make the minimum donation... and maybe we won't have to worry about the server not being able to keep up with all the "hits' at one time...(Yes.. I am now a forum leader- but I had asked months ago what I could do to help)....it may not be much ... but come on.. everyone.. "Click that Yellow button" at the top right of your screen!!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... but come on.. everyone.. "Click that Yellow button" at the top right of your screen!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did! ...we did! ...we did!

Rich & Zara
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:58 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">appreciate any donations from any members/advertisers that would help deter the cost they are paying monthly to keep the site running </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to deter the cost from our forum provider, but we really defer the cost with the monies we receive from donations...

In any event, Bill and I sincerely appreciate any and all donations made as these monies are used for the daily operation of the site...
It's a great hobby for Bill and I and we appreciate all of your continued support.

Bill and I, along with a great team of moderators and admin staff work hard every day to make this the best destination out there for the RV'er and their families....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd love to deter the cost from our forum provider, but we really defer the cost with the monies we receive from donations... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey...it was my last post ...I was tired...Sorry!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:17 AM   #7

"deter" = To prevent or discourage an event,
"defer" = to put off, postpone until later,
"defray" = to pay, reduce costs.

My signature used to include a link to my personal web-site - - - however:
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:20 AM   #8
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
MM 1
BG 0

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Shannone..
iRV2 is pretty much a subsidized forum. A few people actually pay out of their own pockets to keep this site up and running. I hope you have noticed that you DO NOT see pop-up ads all over the place...well it seems that the owners have decided to keep the site as clean of that stuff as much as they can...but the few ads they have are strictly ads that you as a site participant/visitor have to click on as an option.
The iRV2 group has always accepted donations... but I think they would appreciate any donations from any members/advertisers that would help deter the cost they are paying monthly to keep the site running as smoothly as it does..instead of them having to pick the change from the lint from their pockets. I for one ..would donate as much as I can afford ...because ...now that I think about it - I get more entertainement from iRV2 than I do going to the movie for an !

OK.. I am now going to challenge everyone to make the minimum donation... and maybe we won't have to worry about the server not being able to keep up with all the "hits' at one time...(Yes.. I am now a forum leader- but I had asked months ago what I could do to help)....it may not be much ... but come on.. everyone.. "Click that Yellow button" at the top right of your screen!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a minimum requirement? I didn't see the amount on the donation / paypal page.

Can we just send a check (if so where to )?

Thanks,
Ed

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:35 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Glad we could help in some way. This is a fine forum that helps and teaches everybody.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #11

Done. Thanks for the reminder, it's been awhile since I donated last.
Loren
Old 01-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #12

I made a contribution to iRV2, but all I have received is a reciept from Paypal, so I hope it went through. That was on 27 Dec.07 <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Shannone..

OK.. I am now going to challenge everyone to make the minimum donation... and maybe we won't have to worry about the server not being able to keep up with all the "hits' at one time...(Yes.. I am now a forum leader- but I had asked months ago what I could do to help)....it may not be much ... but come on.. everyone.. "Click that Yellow button" at the top right of your screen!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

01 Winnebago Journey DL 36ft w/Cat 330
HobbyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:47 AM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Jack -

We did recieve your donation and I did update your profile.

Thank You!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:17 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Is there a suggested amount for the donations?
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote