Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a PM from one of the RV.net Moderators there about deleting my post in a brake controller thread. He did not feel it contributed to the thread by me suggesting that they consider a MaxBrake when he asked about a Prodigy.

I told him to do as he pleased, he was over moderating and for me it was Adios. I have not been back in over a week...I don't miss it at all.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
It's been my experience on RV.net that if you post ANYTHING on there you should be prepared to get flamed instead of helped.
I can't count the times I've seen a dozen or more people post the same response to a new members common question that has been answered before. They immediately attack and ridicule them for not using the search feature (which, by the way, isn't very good), or something similar.
That's just one example, there are many, many more, but what kills me the most is the double standard, one for the cliche, and one for everybody else.
This forum is about the best I have found on our topic, the people here are cordial to each other and helpful, you can't ask for much more than that.
Let's say the the majority are cordial and helpful. I've had the misfortune to converse with the minority but only a couple of times
Old 03-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #31

Different forums (and even different threads within them) can vary greatly in the amount of civility. I frequent a particular thread where most of the posters have met in real life, and we bust on each other without mercy. Anyone reading the posts should be shy if they can't take abuse.

In the case where there is no obvious warning that I may get flamed, but I do, I don't bother replying. I rember someone saying that a Pastor should have a soft heart and thick skin. I'm no Pastor, but it's not a bad attitude to get through life.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #32

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
Let's say the the majority are cordial and helpful. I've had the misfortune to converse with the minority but only a couple of times
I agree, that's probably what I should have said, and more of what I meant, sometimes I lose focus and assume everyone knows what I mean.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #33

Interesting reading.....I frequent a number of RV/Camping related Forums and for me, I have nothing bad to say about RV.Net of which Ive been a member since 2002/2003. I think all the Forums have there good, bad and indifferent Poster's! I wouldnt call RV.Net better or worst than here although I do hang out over their much more than here and have attented numerous RV.Net sponored Rallies. The people I met at these Rallies were all quite nice. With that being said, I personally have no real preference and believe there is good info on all the Forums just dont take everything you here, see or read as the Gospel! IMHO
Old 03-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I used to be a regular over there...hardly ever now. Was also a member of our former 5th wheel community. I will not mention the name, but if you disagreed with one of the very senior members...you got locked out! He has since died and it's gotten a bit better...now they just delete your post...no explanation or PM, it just disappears.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #35

I was there for a short while. I left and never went back. I am comfortable here. Pretty friendly here in comparison.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
I read both but post more here now. I posted quite a bit on RV.net for a while but also got tired of some of the unnecessary nastiness. This board doesn't have near the level of negativity.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I've been a member of rv.net for several years even though we just bought our first rv in December. Try being a female over there - it's even worse! There are guys on there who just love to rip women to shreds! All I can think is that they must be REALLY unhappy at home! LOL Of course, there are some women on there who have been unbelievably rude to me and two in particular who have outright attacked me. One just took an instant dislike to me for some reason - no clue why? This place seems to be much more civil.
Starfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #38

To Redneck express. I have had a continual progression of camping habitats--from tent to truck camper to popup to tow behind to class C to class A and have never felt superior to anyone. My feeling is that I can usually learn something from each individual I meet and sometimes can pass on something I have learned. All my life I have been grateful to the "old pros" for their advice and help and felt I was obligated to pass it on when asked or needed.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #39

Country Coach Owners Club
Whatever forum you monitor, you may encounter rude people or folks that type faster than their brains work.

I have frequented RV.net for about 5 years longer than IRV2. It has provided great solutions to my problems and information needs.

Both forums have great value and some rude responses.

If information or problem solving is your goal, then both sites serve the purpose, and one must ignore the responses they do not like.

If warm conversation is the goal and one has all the information they need, then selecting the best forum for them is a great solution.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Whatever forum you monitor, you may encounter rude people or folks that type faster than their brains work.

I have frequented RV.net for about 5 years longer than IRV2. It has provided great solutions to my problems and information needs.

Both forums have great value and some rude responses.

If information or problem solving is your goal, then both sites serve the purpose, and one must ignore the responses they do not like.

If warm conversation is the goal and one has all the information they need, then selecting the best forum for them is a great solution.

Well put Dean, you've pretty well summed it up

Best regards

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
RV Internet Resources are in short supply. I don't see any need to burn bridges and turn one's back on the opportunity to seek solutions from different perspectives.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
RV Internet Resources are in short supply. I don't see any need to burn bridges and turn one's back on the opportunity to seek solutions from different perspectives.
Theres a quote I can get behind! Anyone of us that are on this Forum or any Forum, will encounter "some" who will Forum shop until they get the response's they are looking for. Not everyone see's the situation's of others in the same light and we all have our own experiences to draw from in order to form an opinion. With that being said, some over on RV.net absolutely drive me "nuts" but Im sure I do the same to them. In order to survive in this internet world, a "thicker skin" is sometimes necessary!