Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #29

iRV2 No Limits Club
I thought someone here mentioned that CA had a law against it but I don't see it now. Anyhow, I just now looked it up and found this:

California: It's a misdemeanor to cast "contempt" on a American or state flag by "publicly mutilating, defacing, defiling, burning, or trampling upon it."
Penalty: none specified.
Source: Mil & Vet Code 614

Analysis:
This misdemeanor in California is dependent entirely upon one's action casting "contempt" upon the flag — in theory burning a flag without casting "contempt" upon it would not be a crime. This means, however, that the crime is based entirely upon the message being sent, not the action itself.

Maybe a call to the SDSO might be in order after all. If that doesn't work, then I'll look into a veteran biker club.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #30

To LadyFitz We understand the way you feel about the jerk and the flag in San Marcos. But how dare you disrespect the San Diego County Sheriff's Department or any other law enforcement agency. Until you have "walked a mile in my shoes" don't make comments you know nothing about. We would like nothing better than to have the time to drive around and find things like this. Unfortunatley, we spend our shift responding to rapes, murders, thefts, missing children and other life threatening crimes. Don't you think that there are military veterans in law enforcement? I am pretty sure that if the day wasn't full of "pukes" they would be right on that. Please don't disrespect those of us who "protect and serve" we sincerely do our best.
tcandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #31

Wow junior tcandme could you point me to the thread where LadyFitz disrespects any law enforcement?
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #32

Oops, I see it now...Poor choice of words on her part for sure..Derogatory remarks like that make one part of the problem...
Old 11-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #33
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't think LadyFitz was derogatory at all towards the SDSO. After a "period" in the first sentence of the last paragraph she stated, "If that doesn't work,......" to me that means that she would be contacting the SDSO. Then she would wait to see what happens. If no course of action, then follow up with other means.

No disrespect TCandMe, but sometimes we cannot see the face of the person who is writing something and we can take it in a manner that may not sit well. She didn't say SDSO would "not" do anything, but just a course of action should they not be able to do anything. As posted, no penalty is prescribed for any action against the U.S. Flag. Sometimes we perceive the written word in a manner that just doesn't sit right, but if we were to ask the person of the written word, the meaning of what they intended could be completely opposite of what is perceived.

All of our Law Enforcement Organizations to the best they can with what they have, bar none.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #34

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcandme View Post
...But how dare you disrespect the San Diego County Sheriff's Department or any other law enforcement agency...
Simple. Personal experience plus comments from others I know who live in their jurisdiction and/or have had to deal with them. One prime example has been in the news recently: the Rebecca Zahau hanging death that SDCSD dismissed as a suicide despite strong evidence towards murder, such as being nude (highly atypical of female suicides), hands tied securely behind her back (how did she accomplish that and even if she did, why? not to mention climbing over the balcony railing in that state would have been difficult), evidence of four severe blows to her head shortly before her death, any of which would have rendered her unconcious, etc.

If you will recall, I did try to give them the benefit of the doubt by saying they were overworked and understaffed.

While the majority of law enforcement agencies are just as you said, not all deserve that glowing picture. SDCSD is one. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Department in AZ is another one.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #35

Humm, personal experience no doubt....
Watching doctor Phil and watching sensational pretend news shows does not make us experts, only sensationalized...
Old 11-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #36

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkh View Post
Humm, personal experience no doubt....
Watching doctor Phil and watching sensational pretend news shows does not make us experts, only sensationalized...
The personal experience involved two times I called them about a problem and only one time did I get a response. The third time involved the poor way they handled a road block for a traffic accident or fire (couldn't tell which) in Oceanside. They detoured traffic onto a street that led into a light industrial and residential area with no other outlet. That created a second mess. when I tried to find out from one of the two officers how to get to the other side of the block, he at first balked then directed me to another dead end detour. So much for your smart aleck response.

Forget Dr. Phil; he's a quack (the last I heard, he isn't even licensed anymore). I'm going by what I've read or heard in the news. The only reason I watched that show was to hear what the ME had to say about the autopsy on the exhumed body.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #37
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, this will be the official notice that attacking each other will not be tolerated.

Everyone can discuss a topic but not each other.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
The topic is, if I remember correctly, about US flags. I used to get upset when I saw a US flag flying at night without lights, or on posted on a wall with the star field on the wrong side, or a tattered or worn flag, or flying in the rain but I decided at least they were trying to show the "colors" and were probably not aware of flag etiquette so that doesn't bother me much any more. That's as far as I'll go - flying upside down, or under other flags gets my blood boiling real quick. Semper Fi
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
The topic is, if I remember correctly, about US flags. I used to get upset when I saw a US flag flying at night without lights, or on posted on a wall with the star field on the wrong side, or a tattered or worn flag, or flying in the rain but I decided at least they were trying to show the "colors" and were probably not aware of flag etiquette so that doesn't bother me much any more. That's as far as I'll go - flying upside down, or under other flags gets my blood boiling real quick. Semper Fi
Safe Travels
Bob

Do you mean under a Mexican Flag? Like the one I can see looking out my window on my balcony? What's worse you complain to the HOA Gestapo and they do nothing about it!

If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #40

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea

Do you mean under a Mexican Flag? Like the one I can see looking out my window on my balcony? What's worse you complain to the HOA Gestapo and they do nothing about it!

I wonder if you can get a copy of your flag code in Spanish and slide it under their door or put in the mail box?
Old 11-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post

Are they flying the Mexican Flag above the American Flag or just flying the Mexican Flag?.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Are they flying the Mexican Flag above the American Flag or just flying the Mexican Flag?.

Above the American Flag. There are several active duty military that are going to go to the monthly Gestapo meeting and complain about them. In December. You call and or write letters to the Management company and they don't do anything either.

If We Can't Haul It...You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote