Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #29

Not only have I seen them all, I've SEEN (in person) almost all of them. While RV'ing in Gulf Shores, a family emergency necessitated a quick toad run to Tulsa and back over Easter weekend. Moteled it in West Monroe. There's a gift shop at the Duck Commander building they use on the show. It was a madhouse, even in the pouring rain! Attended Easter church service at the local Church of Christ. All but Si and Willie were there. Introduced to Miss Kay. Got the nod from Phil as he walked by. Jase read a few Bible passages during communion. He even baptized a few people. These guys have a show I love and a deep commitment to Christ I admire.
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #30

I knew Phil Robertson At La Tech. He has done alright. Too bad his kids got it handed to them.

Mercedes MBE 926
Eddie Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #31

We love it, fun to watch.....
Ursu din Bv. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Just got a Duck Commander T shirt at the Super Wally World today. I got one of the Si ones, but there were others there. Not a bad price $7.50. Happy shopping.......
Old 04-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #33

We all watch the show together. Phil and family have videos at Lifeway as well. I look forward to sitting with my wife and daughters to watch DD, even if the girls just wanna see John Luke, lol.
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great show, lots of fun. Happy Happy Happy!
Si is a hoot with his Ice Tea in a tupper ware glass. Using canning jars for glasses is the way I was brought up.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #35

Texas Boomers Club
My neighbor who played college basketball at Louisania Tech went to school with Phil Robertson. Phil was the starting quaterback of the football team. The guy who replaced him was Terry Bradshaw of the Pittsburg Steelers.

It was said at the time that:

Phil went for the DUCKS

Terry went for the BUCKS$$$

I think Phil is now in the $$$ as well.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #36

I remember TV as a young kid in the late 80's, Everynight there was a show worth watching on the "big 3" networks. Usually there was a message with it, and it was something that could be watched as a family. Now we have cable/satellite with hundreds of channels, yet nothing I really consider great to watch. We got onto DD sometime back and enjoy it. Yes you can tell the storylines are scripted and rehearsed for TV, but it's things I could actually see the family doing. The morals of the show, and the family values portrayed, seem to be genuine. Our 6 yr old daughter loves the show too, and it's something we can watch as a family. In this day of crime/dramas and other shows trying to jam their twisted adgendas down our throats...we give this show a thumbs up.
Trent McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
My wife and I are fans of show too. Watch it whenever we can.
KP2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #38

One of the best shows on tv. My wife and I are followers.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent McCain View Post
We got onto DD sometime back and enjoy it. Yes you can tell the storylines are scripted and rehearsed for TV, but it's things I could actually see the family doing. The morals of the show, and the family values portrayed, seem to be genuine. .
I may be mistaken, but didn't the show just get an award or recognition of some sort for being Best NON-SCRIPTED reality show?????

On Facebook there was a question that asked you to write 3 words to describe Si. That was easy for me--Best Of Show. Can't wait for tomorrow night to see Si surf and the rest of the family at the beach.

Total respect and love for each other on a reality show HOW REFRESHING.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You all really need to consider what you are posting or quoting there are things that will not be tolerated, if you find your replies missing then you know what I am referring to.

Courtesy notifications have not been sent.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #41

OK....with all due respect and I'm not trying to upset anyone. You cannot convince me that the cameras show up in the morning and the result is raw unedited footage from the days events....just as it happened. I don't see Clint Bowyer just show up one day with a cammo limo, Willie just happens to have one too....so they decide to race. You can't tell me that Willie and Si just decide on day to play Super Cop and stop Missy out of all the residents in town. You can't tell me in the episode where the grill fell out of the truck.....they didn't know it. The grill was a rusty heap of duke...you can't convince me a family of this caliber would even think the store would warrantee it. Again I take the show for entertainment value. I agree that most lines are probably off the cuff.....but to produce a show of that magnitude requires a little thought and planning. It might not be totally scripted, but I'm sure some the story lines are planed
Trent McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #42

I watched it for the first time Sunday, DW had recorded it. These people are a hoot, I almost fell off the sofa laughing when they flooded the loading bay for a duck call proving ground.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote