Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykaydee View Post
My doctor asked me if I smoked...I said no...I don't. DH does. There isn't enough Febreze or similar products to take care of the after smell.
If your DH smokes, believe me, you do, too.

I quit in 1980 after 25 years of smoking. No help aids or gimmicks. I just quit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #16

been smoke free for 4years. best thing i ever did
till i lost a hundred pounds. kent 3500 dually and '10 lance 1191 soon i hope
red roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
E-Pipe

I quit smoking many years ago but I enjoy the E-Pipe. I use a 0 nicotine mixture. I also use a VG juice rather than PG. If you want to see the pipe and how it is used do a search for "E-Pipe" on youtube.com. Joe
Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 AM   #18

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I quit smoking many years ago but I enjoy the E-Pipe. I use a 0 nicotine mixture. I also use a VG juice rather than PG. If you want to see the pipe and how it is used do a search for "E-Pipe" on youtube.com. Joe
My husband tried the 3 cig and it didn't work long term. The Chantix did work. He smoked for 30 years - at least 1-2 packs a day.
tnsauerkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Day 4 and still quite happy with the e cig. Feel so much better too
tedward1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #20

Keep it up. Also, I like the looks of your coach.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Good luck to all who are trying to quite smoking .... It is hare very hard I know I smoked for 25 years one of the best things I ever did (stop smoking).
I lost my father to lung cancer and other members of the family from lung cancer not a pleasant way to go....
My secret was to keep quitting til it took
Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
thanks for all the encouragement everyone... day five and still going strong. feeling great
Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
2 packs a day for 25 years...

I started smoking when I was in eighth grade. I gradually went to two packs a day. As a cop, I almost chain-smoked between calls. Almost everyone on the force smoked back then. One by one they quit for health reasons. After 25 years I finally quit. I do use an E-Pipe, but without nicotine. It simulates smoke with a water vapor and so far health officials are giving it a thumbs-up. I find it very relaxing. Would I ever smoke real cigarettes again? NO WAY!

Good luck dumping smokes. Sounds like you have made up your mind to quit. You will continue to feel better as the days go by. Joe
Old 05-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #24

How to introduce...

How do I 'introduce' this product to my 2+ pack a day spouse? It arrived today in a manila envelope with not too much advertising about the product inside. I'm trying to figure out how to let him know that I would like him to try it. He's been a heavy smoker for years. I labeled the package "Hi - Would you try this for me???" I'm beginning to have breathing problems and singing troubles...I have always sung in the choir and solos. I am looking at the Safe e-cig product. Guess I will lay it out and hope for the best. At least the product is returnable for 30 days. kkd
kaykaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:59 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
1 week down

Well I made it a week. And I feel great. I never thought that I could go a day much less a week without a cigarette. I enjoy the e cigarette a lot. I am on the 16 mg cartridges. Have ordered supplies of the lower nicotine ones. I really don't think it will be a problem stepping down eventually to zero nicotine. I have also been doing a lot of reading on the net about these products. So far, it seems that no one has come up with a really compelling argument against them. SO I don't know why so many legislative bodies are trying to ban them. Seriously do you think it's the tobacco lobby? The thought that a cigarette contains 4000 more chemicals than an e cig, 65 of them deadly, and the most serious chemical found in an e cig is nicotine... makes no sense to me that these would not be embraced... ALthough I did read one concern from a medical type person, that was that the e cigarette could "normalize smoking" again. That makes sense as a concern. But as a safer alternative to those hooked... it seems to me almost criminal not to introduce them to e cigs.
Kaykaydee ... I hope you can get your husband to try the e... If you want him to call me on the phone and talk to me about my experience... I'll gladly give you my phone number in a pm... I can't say enough good about this.
I FEEL GREAT!!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykaydee View Post
How do I 'introduce' this product to my 2+ pack a day spouse?
Try "honey, you can smoke these in a restaurant!" David tried one and he likes it. I am waiting until we get back to NM (leaving day after Memorial Day) to order him one. And they are much cheaper than what cigarettes cost. I don't allow David to smoke in my Jeep (my jeep, my choice) and David doesn't smoke in the RV (his decision). Since the e cig had no smoke or odor, he can "smoke" in the vehicles. And he finds the ability to smoke an e cig after a meal enticing. At the least your hubby can try it.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #27

I suppose that using an e-cigarette to stop smoking might have some kind of redeeming value (but still questionable). However, that is NOT how or why the e-cigarette folks are marketing this product.
Quote:
Being hailed as the smoker's smart choice, the decision is easy to become an instant modern smoker. Because they are absent thousands of additives and chemicals when compared to tobacco cigarettes, the new wave of e-cigarettes are more cost effective and more convenient than traditional cigarettes. Make the smart choice, without putting yourself or loved ones in the danger zone of tobacco based cigarettes. To find out how much you can save view our Savings Calculator.
You get to "become an instant modern smoker"! Are you kidding me? If you don't smoke, you will after you become "modern". If you are quitting smoking, I would recommend damn near anything else (Nicorette would be my first choice) as you need to not only break the physical addiction but the physiological addiction as well which this (IMHO) piece of crap does not address.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #28

Quit in1982 and glad I did...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote