Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2010, 08:19 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
e cigarette ?

Anyone tried any of the electronic cigarettes? I had heard of them, but last week my Doctor actually suggested I try one to help me stop smoking. Yesterday I bought the "No. 7" starter pack, and I haven't had a real cigarette since 4:00 yesterday afternoon. I am 35 years into this addiction so I know not to celebrate just yet, but so far it's really interesting. Tastes pretty good after the first 3 or 4 sessions with it. Seems to satisfy the nicotine need. I may like it so much that I won't quit smoking but just replace real with e. Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience. Here's the brand I got: E Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarettes, Wholesale E Cigs by No.7
tedward1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #2

Been off cig's about 6 months(DW and I). No more smoke smell in the F53, no more burn holes in carpet or furniture, no more dirty ash trays. Can even smoke in bed and on airlines. Joy E 510, direct from China. Cheaper. My Dr. did not know what I was talking about when he asked if I smoked, I had replied yes and no.
riverruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #3

My doctor asked me if I smoked...I said no...I don't. DH does. There isn't enough Febreze or similar products to take care of the after smell.
kaykaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #4

DH doesn't consider e cigarette an option.
kaykaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykaydee View Post
DH doesn't consider e cigarette an option.
has he tried it?
Old 05-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I stopped smokin a couple of years ago plus a few months. I had smoked for about 50 years so you could say '' I had the habit''..... Willa is a nurse and she asked me to stop.. she didnt nag at me she just said that she didnt want to lose me and I should live longer if I would quit. One morning I went fishin and started to ''light up''...... I thought to myself '' Why the heck am I doing this'' and I went back to the coach and handed her my lighter. I told her that I was going to stop smoking for a while and sex would take my mind off of ''ciggies''....Since then our sex life has been great and I havent smoked a ciggie in a long time. My suggestion ....TRY SEX AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO SMOKING.
If you use this valuable information you must pay me ten cents the next time you see me.......
Seajay the sailor man
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I stop smoking in 2007, I used Chan-Trex, I don't miss it nor do I have the "need" for one, it took about 3 weeks for me to do it. I am glad I did it too. Hope you the best
Old 05-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamphog View Post
I stop smoking in 2007, I used Chan-Trex, I don't miss it nor do I have the "need" for one, it took about 3 weeks for me to do it. I am glad I did it too. Hope you the best
Thanks. so far 40 hours and counting. Although i don't really consider i've quit as long as i'm using the nicotine replacement... but one step at a time...
Old 05-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to Sameeee
I smoked 36 years, have not had a cig in a year, I enjoy my 801 and 510 e-cigs, down to just 6mg of nic, I would tell anyone that smokes to switch to a e-cig, I didn't start useing the e-cig to quit smoking I started useing it as a alternative to smoking,
Sameeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameeee View Post
I smoked 36 years, have not had a cig in a year, I enjoy my 801 and 510 e-cigs, down to just 6mg of nic, I would tell anyone that smokes to switch to a e-cig, I didn't start useing the e-cig to quit smoking I started useing it as a alternative to smoking,
Sameee... do you feel better? energy, breathing etc? I guess you must
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We watched a close friend suffer and die not quite a year ago from smoking. She was only 48 years old. Anyone who is quitting I wish you the best luck for success. If you smoke please do your friends and family a favor and try to quit.

I quit many years ago and can say it was one of the hardest things I ever did but you can do it. Take the money you save and buy a new car. That is about what cigarettes are getting to cost.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #12

DW has been down to zero nicotine now for several months. We probably can get a better insurance rates even on the RV. If I keep busy I even forget about the e-cig after 60 years of smoking. The best part is still no "mess and smell". With the two of us the money savings really add up fast.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
your right about the smell & the burn holes from hot ashes, I am so glad I stop smoking, back then it was the thing, no one knew, today, its just plain ole dumb, but once started its so hard to stop, its even harder when people around you still smokes. but your on the right track, one step at a time. as for me i don't even pick up a cigar I just stay away from all of it.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #14

Send a message via MSN to Sameeee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedward1555 View Post
sameee... Do you feel better? Energy, breathing etc? I guess you must

oooo yes!!!
Sameeee is offline   Reply With Quote