Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #15

We tend to do the same things a lot. Fridays it is either sandwiches while we drive or burgers and dogs when we get there and many Sat nights it is shish k bobs, either steak or chicken. Other things we do from time to time, steak tips, ribs, whole chicken in Dutch oven. We have also done apple crisp, apple pie, brownies, big cookie, cinn rolls in the Dutch oven to name a few things.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
...and don't forget camp pizzas. We absolutely love our Camp Chef pizza oven. It fits on top of two of the three burners on our Camp Chef propane stove (almost all of our cooking is outside), has a thick stone bottom, and makes perfect thin crust pizzas every time. Took a little practice before I got them right, but now it's a no brainer. We buy frozen pizza dough balls by the case at Sam's club. I think we get 20 balls for about $18 or so. Each ball makes three pizzas--enough to feed our family of four. We do have to remember to start thawing the dough in the morning so it's ready by dinner time...
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #17

Camp Chef Pizza Oven, who knew. Wow you all are so awesome, I got some great ideas, can't wait for next trip!! Thanks!!
Hollysrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hollysrush, I like one pot meals and so here are a few.

brown two chicken breasts in a pan
cut carrots into bite size pieces and add.
can of cream of chicken soup
set on low simmer
cut potatoes into bite size pieces and add after about 15 minutes of above
cook until potatoes are tender and enjoy

one pan and done in about 30 minutes total

White bean chicken chili (Takes a couple hours for this one)

2 chicken breasts cooked or boiled
1 large onion cut into bite size pieces
2 cans Northern White beans and sauce
1 jar salsa (medium or hot depending on your tastes)(rinse about 1/2 with hot water
4 carrots cut into bite size pieces

put all the above into a crock pot and cook for 2 to 3 hours until carrots tender

then add 1 bag of medium cheddar cheese and stir until melted

serve with a side of bread, it's delicious!

Hope you try these and enjoy them, they are two of our favorites. The white bean chicken chili can be done at home and frozen and then thawed and heated at camp. If you put it into freezer zip lock bags and have a camp fire, then put a pan of water over the camp fire, you can put the frozen bags into the water and watch the camp fire while thawing and heating your meal. Then throw the bags away and little clean up.

Happy cooking, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #19

Oh I will be trying these, sounds wonderful. Thank you.
Hollysrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #20

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We travel with a Louisiana Grill Tailgater wood pellet grill. With the wide temperature range and the option of both slow smoking and direct fired grilling with this grill, the options are endless. (It is portable but takes two people to get it in and out of the storage bin). We have done everything from grilling hotdogs and burgers to Baby back ribs, beef brisket, steaks, Boston butt pork, prime rib, smoked turkey, kabobs (chicken, salmon, beef, pork, etc), corn on the cob, asparagus wrapped in bacon, pork chops, grilled chicken, beer butt chicken, iron skillet smoked cheese, baked potatoes. We also will put a small aluminum throw-away pan on for sautéed vegetables ( with lots of butter, of course!). Ok, now I'm really hungry, so I will stop for now!!!!!!!!
townsendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #21

Pre trip crock pot pulled pork, rice, pasta, Tupperware it, tortillas, pasta salad, tacos, burritos or sandwiches, oh..... Coronas to wash it down
Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #22

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by townsendr View Post
We travel with a Louisiana Grill Tailgater wood pellet grill. With the wide temperature range and the option of both slow smoking and direct fired grilling with this grill, the options are endless. (It is portable but takes two people to get it in and out of the storage bin). We have done everything from grilling hotdogs and burgers to Baby back ribs, beef brisket, steaks, Boston butt pork, prime rib, smoked turkey, kabobs (chicken, salmon, beef, pork, etc), corn on the cob, asparagus wrapped in bacon, pork chops, grilled chicken, beer butt chicken, iron skillet smoked cheese, baked potatoes. We also will put a small aluminum throw-away pan on for sautéed vegetables ( with lots of butter, of course!). Ok, now I'm really hungry, so I will stop for now!!!!!!!!

So what time do we stop by? We need a camp cook. Sounds great!

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to GunnyClark
before leaving on a trip I will make breakfast burritos, swiss steak, mac and cheese(not boxed), sloppy joe filling (not canned), taco filling and hot dog chili - divide it up into meal portions into vacuum seal bags and freeze them - then we just take out in the morning what we want to eat that day and let it thaw in the fridge if for dinner or in the sink if for lunch - quick heating and we are eating without heating up the rig or using propane. the vacuum seal bags are great - takes up less room in the RV's freezer and keeps the food fresh for the whole trip - we also use them to divide our uncooked meat.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #24

We only eat out approx. 1x per week, as shelling out $20-$30 to restaurants is just not important to us. We cook otherwise.

Being from the South and having a large screen porch, our weather allows for 12 months of grilling. Most of our meals are prepared outside.

Our new fifth wheel has an outdoor kitchen with a fridge, stove top and microwave. We also have a gas grill on a swing out rack on the back bumper that has a quick coupler to the trailer's propane system.

We eat the same when camping as we do at home. And with recent price increases in beef, we find ourselves eating more pork and chicken. We also find ourselves at 10:30 a.m. at our local supermarket scooping up all of "yesterday's" meats at $1 discount per lb.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #25

Gunny, we do the breakfast burritos too. They are great on load-out morning. I throw them on the BBQ as I am packing everything else up. Keeps clean up to a minimum on an otherwise busy day.
Just don't forget to let the BBQ cool off before loading it. I have "heard" it can melt the linoleum on the compartment floor.
slanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Cant say as I notice a difference between home and the RV. We like good food and like to cook so it seems about the same no matter where we are. Just a matter of the local produce may be different.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by townsendr View Post
And where would you be located? And what can we bring?
Old 08-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
We are vacationing when we r in the rv, so we eat out ---
Wife likes the rv's kitchen too much to dirty it !!
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote