Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Yep. I don’t care if Tesla knows where I drive. Anybody who has a cell phone or Onstar is also ok with it obviously.

There may be a few divorces in the future though. On a Tesla (like many new vehicles) everything is controlled and monitored from the phone APP. My wife can see at a glance when I’m at Home Depot and will often send a playful message asking me what tool I’m buying. . Careful.

Of course that same facility allows pre-heating or cooling the car, cracking the windows remotely, monitoring charge progress, route planning, pre-heating the seats, security alerts (there are cameras all around the car recording anytime someone gets close to the car).

Everybody has their comfort zone. One can always buy a 1970 Chevy Nova to go and sneak a visit to the girlfriend. .
Don't get me wrong. I think elon musk is a genius. I own tesla stock and doing quite well with it. I get that the trend will continue towards electric vehicles.which in turn will lower demand for fossil fuels. lower demand hopefully equals lower prices. keep buying those electric cars!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2020, 09:05 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanluc001 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I think elon musk is a genius. I own tesla stock and doing quite well with it. I get that the trend will continue towards electric vehicles.which in turn will lower demand for fossil fuels. lower demand hopefully equals lower prices. keep buying those electric cars!!!

Yes but more importantly, we’re you able to secure a bottle of Teslaquila last Thursday before it sold out? .
Old 11-09-2020, 09:11 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Yes but more importantly, we’re you able to secure a bottle of Teslaquila last Thursday before it sold out? .
What????? at 500 a bottle?
just shows the marketing genius of elon musk. I think you can still get a pair of tesla short shorts.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Here's a little thought provoking video to watch. I think we will be driving around in our RV's for many years to come, gas or diesel powered.

This is mainly about alternate power (solar and wind), but batteries are also talked about. That's what will be the hold-back for EV RV's. How will there ever be enough batteries to power an all EV society?

Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Old 11-09-2020, 09:36 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
Here's a little thought provoking video to watch. I think we will be driving around in our RV's for many years to come, gas or diesel powered.

This is mainly about alternate power (solar and wind), but batteries are also talked about. That's what will be the hold-back for EV RV's. How will there ever be enough batteries to power an all EV society?

Kinda like eating an elephant. One bite at a time.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #62

Just like the "free" cell phones that went the way of the Dinosaur. When there are "enough" EV'S out there the cost to stop and charge them will skyrocket over night. Some say even more then a tank of gas . This is easy to see coming.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ted View Post
Just like the "free" cell phones that went the way of the Dinosaur. When there are "enough" EV'S out there the cost to stop and charge them will skyrocket over night. Some say even more then a tank of gas . This is easy to see coming.
Yah no. 95 percent of charging is done at home. If hydro starts charging to much people will just put up their own solar arrays. Spend some time in Europe and you’ll see how that goes. The average commute needs about 6 kw. Pretty easy to produce that on a roof.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanluc001 View Post
Will the possible "transition" away from fossil fuels mark the end of the fuel guzzling rv industry?? just wondering
Winnebago has already built an electric-powered MH. There are electric semi-tractors on the road now. Over one million Teslas are on the roads today, There are more threads about this here on irv2.com.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 11-10-2020, 11:36 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Winnebago has already built an electric-powered MH. ....
Let me know when 10 electric MH are sold.

More than 10 million Corollas get to sold a year. My civic is 25 years old.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:21 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
Let me know when 10 electric MH are sold.

More than 10 million Corollas get to sold a year. My civic is 25 years old.
What’s the connection between a small gas car and an electric Motorhome?
Old 11-11-2020, 07:42 AM   #67

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Winnebago has already built an electric-powered MH. ,,,
Not quite. It's an empty shell markets for commercial usage such as book mobiles, mobile offices, mobile veterinarians, blood mobiles and such. Never intended for use as a motorhome or recreational vehicle and Winnebago has never implied such usage in their literature.

https://winnebagoind.com/products/sp...ctric/overview
Old 11-11-2020, 08:10 AM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
Not quite. It's an empty shell markets for commercial usage such as book mobiles, mobile offices, mobile veterinarians, blood mobiles and such. Never intended for use as a motorhome or recreational vehicle and Winnebago has never implied such usage in their literature.

https://winnebagoind.com/products/sp...ctric/overview
Yes, for commercial use, short distance. And on a Ford F53 chassis.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Old 11-11-2020, 08:33 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
Yes, for commercial use, short distance. And on a Ford F53 chassis.

Got to start somewhere!
Old 11-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #70

Absolutely you have to start somewhere...... like the first horseless carriage----to Tesla, first light bulb...... to LED, first city block sized computer storage......to one the size of your fingernail, first space flight......to the International space station.

It's amazing to me people sometimes don't think outside the box and give things time. We will get there!!

Safe travels..... like the Jetsons!
Mark
Closed Thread