Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2020, 01:13 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Ever caught in need of a C-PAP part while away?

For myself using a C-PAP has been a wonderful road of discovery.
My first Machine was medically ordered and I paid for myself. My second machine came by way of the VA. Due to my traveling, I am never without my C-PAP machine. But because of my traveling the size of the machine was at times a bit of a problem.

One road trip I was in the need for an extra head strap. Man I was lost not knowing what I would do or even how I could fix the strip. A sawing kit came in handy and then I drove by a place called

C-PAP My Way
They also do mail orders and oxygen stuff and they have places across the USA. So I pick-up a smaller unit and all I would need for a camping, Hotel or game day travel.

http://www.cpapmyway.com/ C-PAP MY WAY, 110 W. Reynold Street, Plant City, Florida 33563 (888) 603-7379

When Traveling I do take along some extra supplies and now I can just call and have anything mailed to me. To me this is a great safety net and if you area C-PAP user you will know what I mean. Hopefully, the website will be of help to fellow C-PAP users.

I thought I would share as I was reflecting on times of worry and need of a part to my C-PAP.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #2

Cpap

Hello. Last year the electric cord to my cpap machine wouldn’t work unless I jiggled it and we were 950 miles from home. Fortunately it worked until we got home about a week later and I had cord replaced. I ordered a new one from my medical supplier and bought an extra one on Amazon. This year I am taking all my extra CPAP gear with me but I will keep the reference you provided in case. Thanks.
nephi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #3

Smile

Hi everyone, I’ve been on by by-pap since the late 70s. The things you need to take is, everything times two. We go for west coast to Chicago and back the long way. I used most of my supplies and one machine quit so I now have made some modifications to the trailer that helps me And my love sleep. One is a 12v outlet and pillow under the machine for sound deadening. Thanks again
MarcP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:38 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Hey, folks, I don't sell them I'm just a C-PAP user and found a store. I just never knew they had offices so I thought it was worth sharing if anyone found themselves it a spot and in need of some equipment.

I'm not any kind of expert, just a user.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #5

WAS TOLD, u can visit ANY VA facility in U.S. and get emergency presc. And cpap supplies. Not tried it yet but info came crpom very reliable source.
tom3855wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #6

For those that might not know, Amazon sells CPAP supplies, masks, tubing, filters, headgear, and such for several brands. I carry an extra mask, filters and tubing on board.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3855wales View Post
WAS TOLD, you can visit ANY VA facility in the U.S. and get taken care of after you have registered and gone through the registration prosses, and CPAP supplies. Not tried it yet but info came from a very reliable source.
I am not an expert on what the Veterans Administration will or won't do for all veterans. As a vet, I went to the VA as at the time it was closer by me. In doing so you will need your DD-214 that I do know and other IDs. Once I had completed my process I was assigned a doctor and prior had to get my Blood work and other exams as I'm thinking a chest X-ray. Once I saw my doctor my medications set up at the VA. Once I informed the Doctor I was using a C-PAP I was also sent to the VA folks who do all that and were given a class and machine with all equipment. Because I was in Agent Orange areas during my service and I "HAD" to go through AO checking, Exams. After about a year it was done and not to soon for me as that was a lot of extra exams. But C-PAP was never an issue with the VA.

I hope some or all is helpful.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:10 PM   #8

cpap

Quote:
WAS TOLD, u can visit ANY VA facility in U.S. and get emergency presc. And cpap supplies. Not tried it yet but info came crpom very reliable source.
True. VA will set you up, wherever you are.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 12:49 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Quote:
Never had an issue getting supplies from the VA. I had to go to the VA in Pensacola for a new mask and they got me in and a new mask in a couple of hours. Last year the VA sent me a set of supplies for a year.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:53 PM   #10

Triple E Owners Club
Yep

Was in Glasgow, Scotland and was missing a small connector. Before flying out of Vancouver, BC, I had found the piece missing and managed to McGyver a fix for the night. Went to the main hospital in Glasgow, found the sleep lab and explained my situation. There are no CPAP suppliers in the United Kingdom other than the National Health Service and all health care providers are part of that.

The therapist said sure, went and got me the part. Free, no charge.

Thank you free national health care!
Old 06-09-2020, 12:28 AM   #11

I get my supplies from a local store. Expensive. The senior health care here doesn't supply any of my requirements at all.
Carry extra parts when travelling.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:17 AM   #12

Triple E Owners Club
You’re in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post
I get my supplies from a local store. Expensive. The senior health care here doesn't supply any of my requirements at all.
Carry extra parts when travelling.
Canada, correct? Try CanadianCPAP Supply. Reasonable, reliable. We’ve used them for about 5 years now.

Want more details? https://canadiancpapsupply.com/

Check them out. I’m an RRT and I know a good deal.

Cheers

DJ

Tags
c-pap, cpap, hose, machine, medical, oxygen