Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2018, 05:47 AM   #1

Finether 16.4ft Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder

MrsSquid and I are going to go full time in about one to two years depending on when we can purchase our dream class A RV.

I think I need a ladder to be able to wash the coach and to get onto the roof to inspect the roof and sealant as the coach we are looking at does not have a permanently installed ladder.

I have seen the Finether 16.4ft Aluminum Telescoping Folding Extension Ladder for sale for $149.99 (or less) & FREE Shipping on a popular web store and and on a popular auction site and I was wondering if anybody has used this ladder or this brand of ladders? Regrettably I weigh 310 LBS and the ladder is rated for 330 Lbs so if I carry a toolbox up the ladder I have gone past the max weight rating but this is the heavyset duty, A-Frame ladder that is stow-able in the basement of a class A that I have found... yet.

Any other ladders I should be considering?
KiteSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry, don't know anything about that ladder. I think you'll find that most ladders are not rated for any more than that. I would just hire someone else to do that.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Look at extend ladders. If you see one check groupon. Save on dollars. Got a 14 foot extend ladder rate at 350 for$90.00
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #4

It is great to be on the forum. I have read a lot here but this is the first time I have posted a question to the fourm. Thanks for the welcome aboard!!!!

I was looking to get an A frame ladder to be able to wash the coach without haveing to lean the ladder aginst the coach, and to be able to climb on the roof using the same ladder. this looks like the only option out there. I do see other brands but I think they all come from the same factory, just put into a differnt box.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I am currently looking for one as well and I am finding some good prices, just not quite what I am looking for yet, at pawn shops.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:01 PM   #6

I have one, it works well for me and tools, 185#.
I really like the ability to set one side straight and toe other at a slant to get up next to the coach.
It is a little wobbly, but that is from all of the telescoping parts, you do get used to it.
I have plenty of room to go up between the DS slides and just put some foam flooring pad around the ladder to keep it from marring the coach.
By the way, that stuff is great to lay out on the ground to work on anything.

Mine was $130.00 including shipping.
Good Luck
DonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteSquid View Post
MrsSquid and I are going to go full time in about one to two years depending on when we can purchase our dream class A RV.

I think I need a ladder to be able to wash the coach and to get onto the roof to inspect the roof and sealant as the coach we are looking at does not have a permanently installed ladder.

I have seen the Finether 16.4ft Aluminum Telescoping Folding Extension Ladder for sale for $149.99 (or less) & FREE Shipping on a popular web store and and on a popular auction site and I was wondering if anybody has used this ladder or this brand of ladders? Regrettably I weigh 310 LBS and the ladder is rated for 330 Lbs so if I carry a toolbox up the ladder I have gone past the max weight rating but this is the heavyset duty, A-Frame ladder that is stow-able in the basement of a class A that I have found... yet.

Any other ladders I should be considering?
Don't carry the tool box up the ladder.
Tie a hand line to the factory ladder where it attaches to the roof, then tie it to the tool box and hoist the box up. That way, you can use BOTH hands to climb the ladder. Also, you can tie a 5 gallon bucket to the hand line and use it to get parts, hardware, caulk tubes, etc. safely to the roof.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know this is not a direct response to your question but I wanted to share this. The guy I bought my RV from is 80 years old and a hardcore RVer/camper.having many RV's and campers over the years.When I was inspecting my RV I saw a contraption he had that looked like a deerstand mounted on a 8 foot trailer.It had a stair,with handrail,going up to about 10 feet with a platform on top.I asked if it was a portable deer stand and he laughed and said it was a mobile RV washer.He pulled it around with his lawn mower and pressure washed the top of his RV.He said he was too old to fall off a ladder .
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #9

gvette85,

Thanks for sharing that.

When I cant climb a ladder, I'll keep that solution in mind, but MrsSquid will probably make me hire someone to wash our coach then...
Old 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #10

I have this ladder but in the 17' model and it is built very well and comes from one of the largest and most recognized ladder manufactures around. THis unit also has a greater safety margin at 375#. Sure it weighs more and takes up a bit more room but much better quality and seems to be more stable than the Finether model you posted. There is nothing more important than when a 310# dude is climbing on a ladder, you need to have the best possible tool for said job.

https://www.wernerco.com/us/en/view/...MTIAA/MTIAA-22
Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
I have this ladder but in the 17' model and it is built very well and comes from one of the largest and most recognized ladder manufactures around. THis unit also has a greater safety margin at 375#. Sure it weighs more and takes up a bit more room but much better quality and seems to be more stable than the Finether model you posted. There is nothing more important than when a 310# dude is climbing on a ladder, you need to have the best possible tool for said job.

https://www.wernerco.com/us/en/view/...MTIAA/MTIAA-22

Parks, on the 17 foot model, is that the highest A frame height? Like others I’m not crazy about leaning a ladder up against the coach, even with split pool floating to help protect the paint. I’d like a light weight ladder that I can use in an A frame configuration to wash and wax the coach and get up on the roof if I have to.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #12

I have an extendable ladder that goes up to 14 feet. It is a bit wobbly and I wouldn't want to work from it but it is fine for just climbing onto the roof. It looks like it needs to be well looked after and could be prone to dents and scratches which could upset the sliding mechanisms. I make a point of keeping it in it's original box with the polystyrene packaging. It says that it is good up to 240 pounds but as I have a crane to lift things onto the roof, I don't need to carry things up the ladder.
chris1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #13

I have a Little Giant ladder that I got through work as a reward. It is a 22' model, that has an A-frame capability of about 9'. It was just about right to get on top of my TT roof to install a couple Maxx Aire vent covers.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #14

Well I purchased my ladder and I like it. I have not figured out where it will go in my storage bay yet.