Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Flex Seal

I see the ad on here and wonder if anyone has tried? I need to repair minor leak in awning and wonder if this stuff would work? Thanks.
Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
roof fix .....

Hay Hammer ...
If you are talkin' about that stuff in a five gallon bucket that you paint on your rubber roof, I can vouch for it. I got some last summer and it works wonders. I had a leak along the front seam that I could not find and I bought the ''kit'' and redid my roof and NO LEAKS NO WHERE now. I highly recommend it for stopping leaks and making your rubber roof look new.

this valuable information will cost you ten cents and you can pay me the next time you see me ........(on the other hand, if it dont work for you...
I NEVER KNEW YOU) .......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey seajay, hope all is well with you and Willa. I'm talking about the stuff in aerosol can that sprays like paint. They advertise on tv all the time. I've noticed they have ad on this site also. Just wondering if anyone has tried and what were the results. My awning is cracking in some places and thought this might be a short term repair. Thanks buddy and tried to behave.
Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is a couple of questions for you.
Won. You are calling your thingie where u got the leak a ''awning''. Is it a ''room awning'' that covers the roof of a slide out on your coach?
Tow. If it is an ''slide out roof awning'', how old ares it?
Thwee. If it is more than about ate years old, it is shot to heck and not worth the trouble to try to fix.
Flour. If it is your ''over door'' shade awning you pull out and it is much over 8 years old and has been used much, it is probably shot to heck and aint worth the fixing.
Feve. Words of wisdom... This spray stuff will probably ''stick'' to your awning really good but, (and this is a BIG BUT) when you roll up your awning after you think this stuff is dry and the sun hits the awning rolled up, it may ''stick'' to the other side of the awning also and you just might not be able to unroll the awning past the stickie place. (just a thought)
if you use this valuable advise you must pay me ten cents the next time you see me and if it dont work for you....

....I NEVER KNEW YOU.....(but you still owe me ten cents)

Vets died for you. What have you done for the vets lately?............
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal