Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been seriously approached to partner into building a new campground.
location is ideal, zoning is good.
but besides level concrete pads and good free wireless internet, good water pressure, stable power, clean laundry and wash rooms, what am i missing to make the stay an ideal pleasure
we are 15 to 20 mins from tons of activities and state parks/lakes

mods if this cant go here i understand
just looking for feelers
thanks
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been seriously approached to partner into building a new campground.
location is ideal, zoning is good.
but besides level concrete pads and good free wireless internet, good water pressure, stable power, clean laundry and wash rooms, what am i missing to make the stay an ideal pleasure
we are 15 to 20 mins from tons of activities and state parks/lakes

mods if this cant go here i understand
just looking for feelers
thanks
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 05-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I don't see you advertising, your just asking advice. AS long as you don't break the rules its OK so far.

I think the only other thing is what will you have on site? Like a play ground, Pool or other activities for folks to do if they are just getting in. When I set up the wife takes the grand daughters to the playground if its far, if its only across the way we can watch them.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Wide sites with a few trees strategically placed so as not to interfere with getting into a site and navigating through the campground. Also, an appropriate fire ring or designated place for a campfire. It ain't camping unless you have a campfire.

You didn't mention it, probably just an oversight, but a sewer hookup is desired by folks staying more than just a few days. Also, these days 50 amp service is in high demand with all the big rigs on the road.

Another popular amenity is a cable TV system with a good selection of stations, some folks would rather watch TV than enjoy that campfire.

Good luck on your venture, I hope it works out well for you and your partner. maybe we'll drop in after it's done.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks
I to consider FULL hook ups to be a required item,
nothing worse than maybe doing a long drive and cant set up till the honey pots are empty

i have been drawing up 30 x 50 foot sites with a concrete pad 10x40
at my rv home base i have a 26 x 40 covered pad and its perfect, but i think in the everyday scheme 10x 40 leaves a foot or two to walk around and get yourself all hooked up, and maybe a small one about midway for the table
campfire ring?? I will give it thought.

looked at a place on top of a mountain 39 acres of breath taking views, but there is no way i would wind and rv up the road to get to it.
although the adventure would be worth the view

so we found a lower elevation spot...
thanks again.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Sounds like you have an idea location picked out. Wide sites are must in my eyes. I have been to too many campgrounds were the object was to stuff as many customers in as possible. I do not like my awning being only a foot or two from the neighbors slide out. Amenities geared towards families are good. Playgrounds, a pool, maybe a gameroom. Clean laundry and bath facilities are a definate plus. I have only stayed at one campground that had concrete pads, but they were situated so you parked the rv next to the pad, and had the pad under the awning like a patio. I would prefer that setup as apposed to a parking pad. Good luck with your endeavor.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Speaking of trees.....don't have too many that my satellite internet dish won't "see" the southern sky...

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #8

"Pull thru" sites are desirable for transients; usually 65 feet long to include coach plus toad. Personally, I can do without a concrete pad, don't even have to get a picnic table, but do expect a little shade and full hookups.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
rebelsbeach,
our sites will be just a bit closer, that way passing diner dishes will be easier.

seriously, using my fiver as a test bed
we should be good on width and length.
the site has a few trees , so new crepe myrtles will be a must.
trying to get out this afternoon and walk the land,
thanks again guys and gals

Old 05-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #10

I'll chime in as to site length. With all the 40 and 45 ft rigs a 50 ft site is a LITTLE short.

When you consider that most folks with motorhomes have a towed vehicle. The folks with trailers (Fivers and drw type) will need a place to park the tow vehicle also.......

Sounds like you are off to a great start!!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
don
without letting the kitty to far out
i have 30x 50 of planned site, this does not include 20 foot "easement" of gravel on the front and end of each site, so we are really pushing 90 feet lenght wise, I am using the 30x50 rectangle as a guide for 100 % clear/clean "your" spot for outdoor fun and such
our roughs are coming in with all the sites as pull thru,
hopefully we can get it all toghether and get accurate cost analysis done this week.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
I would pay attention to the drainage. Nothing worse then camping in a pool after a rain. Be Pet friendly. I like the idea of a concrete pad to put the awning over, w/ picnic table, and fire ring near by. Crushed stone to park on, and roads is perfect, and it's cheaper, and easy to maintain. Send me a invite, we've never been in AL. Good Luck

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i have 30x 50 of planned site, this does not include 20 foot "easement" of gravel on the front and end of each site, so we are really pushing 90 feet lenght wise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy Moley dat ought to do the trick!!

But seeing you have a large rig, I should have known you had that one covered.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #14

Something not mentioned yet;
A reduced rate area (with pull-thru's) for those just needing a place to park and sleep for the night without unhooking while traveling on multi-day trips. A level site, water & electric,... no frills. Can restrict it to like 12 or 18 hours maximum. Something better and safer than a truck stop or walmart parking lot, but not a full price RV site.