Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Foy View Post
Wow! I refuse to give a rich crook my business!
But you still have to pay taxes to the ultimate rich crooks.....

Matt
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #16

Face it guys.

The real reason the family is being dragged through the mud is that they are making money and they aren't part of the ruling class, but portended to be by buying a football team. We've all seen this before, it is no different than the persecution of Martha Stewart.

Matt
Old 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
Face it guys.

The real reason the family is being dragged through the mud is that they are making money and they aren't part of the ruling class, but portended to be by buying a football team. We've all seen this before, it is no different than the persecution of Martha Stewart.

Matt
I do not understand you comments about "ruling class" etc. If you are to believe the evidence presented in the affidavit most of Pilot's sales management team was withholding rebates for years to boost profits and their bonus. How do you compare this to Ms. Stewart giving false statements to the SEC? If she would of been honest with the SEC she would of only paid a fine.

Atlantic Coast Carriers Inc., of Hazelhurst, Ga., filed suit Saturday in Knox County Circuit Court against the Pilot Corp. seeking class action against Pilot Corp
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #18

If they are found guilty, everyone with a membership card will get a $5 discount for anything bought in their stores. Seen something equivalent to this happen with the GM exploding side-saddle tanks and other settlements. $3000 off if you bought a new GM truck. Does nothing but generate more revenue.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
If they are found guilty, everyone with a membership card will get a $5 discount for anything bought in their store.
Link ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cliff, do we have to hold up a "sarcasm" sign for you, not unlike Leonard does with Sheldon (Big Bang Theory)?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #21
Community Administrator

I never watched that show , but I watch most posts here and usually like to see where some info came from. No sarcasm intended.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #22

Actually, they ARE part of the ruling class. I think being governor of a state, owning a franchise in professional sports and a huge corporation such as Pilot/Flying qualifies you as such. The issue isn't who they are or that they are making money- It's that they are stealing money. If you worked hard to build a successful trucking business and these people stole hundreds of thousands from your company you might not feel they were being persecuted.

Funny that a couple of months ago Fortune magazine did a glowing piece about the father, the company and his family. Guess they didn't look deep enough.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Cliff, do we have to hold up a "sarcasm" sign for you, not unlike Leonard does with Sheldon (Big Bang Theory)?
We love "Big Bang Theory" too however I am with Cliff on this one. I read many posts here and on other sites where someone makes a statement that lacks evidence. If Pilot was to offer some compensation to all customers I would like to read the details myself hence the request for a "link".
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
If they are found guilty, everyone with a membership card will get a $5 discount for anything bought in their stores. Seen something equivalent to this happen with the GM exploding side-saddle tanks and other settlements. $3000 off if you bought a new GM truck. Does nothing but generate more revenue.

That's a shame- I'm in line to get a minimum of $ 750 from a class action settlement with Ford for the piece of crap turbo they put in my 07 F250. Not enough but I'm glad they finally have to pay for selling engines they knew had problems for 4 years
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
" I told you so !!!"

I didn't think I was getting the rebate on that flying J rv card
Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Other than the convenience of filling up at the pump, if the card reader is working, I don't get to excited about a $1.83 discount on $243 worth of diesel! Just as I wouldn't get too overly excited about a settlement of any kind from FJ
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Other than the convenience of filling up at the pump, if the card reader is working, I don't get to excited about a $1.83 discount on $243 worth of diesel! Just as I wouldn't get too overly excited about a settlement of any kind from FJ
Particularly if I can go around the corner to their competitor and buy fuel for the same price as the P/FJ discount without nearly as much hassle.

For the record I have never been a fan of Pilot. I was a fan of Flying J up until they were bought out by Pilot and then Flying J lost me too. Yes, I have the P/FJ discount card but it's for last resort purchases only.

I come from an era when there were hundreds of small Mom & Pop truckstops across the country who were happy to have your business and showed their appreciation in small ways that were easy to understand and redeem. Free coffee with a fillup, or show your fuel receipt in the restaurant for a discount on your meal. They kept it simple. They understood the KISS principle and incorporated it in their day-to-day business practices. Anytime a large corporation wants to give you something, and that something is only available to you in a convoluted, complicated way, it is suspect and should be avoided. Particularly when the same product can be had from their competition at an equal to, or lesser price.

Just my two cents on P/FJ.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #28

Cliff, did you miss the word "If". It was sarcasm about previous rebates and settlements were the rebate was towards a purchase of the guilty parties products.

datrbone8, is that cash or towards a purchase of a ford product?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote