Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ford truck

Does anyone know anything about the Ford 250 King Ranch?
Boomer Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Could you be a little more specific?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
First Drive Review: 2011 Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 Crew Cab - Unloaded, Part 2 - PickupTrucks.com News

This'll answer some of your questions.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
A member on another truck forum has been monitoring a fleet of 2011 F-550 company trucks with the 6.7L diesel that was one of the first batch of 6.7s put into service. Here is one of the first trucks at 35,000 miles with no heavy towing - it's equipped with a mechanic's service body. Exhaust valves are cracked and pieces are dropping off into the cylinders. This was not the only cracked exhaust valve found. The block is not repairable, nor is this cylinder head (obviously).

Rusty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.7L Ford - cylinder head.jpg
Views:	4660
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	8221   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.7L Ford - piston & block.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	8222  

RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Here's an exhaust valve in another cylinder that's cracked but hasn't dropped a piece off yet. The crack is visible in the upper right valve at the 9:00 position.

Rusty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6.7L Ford - cracked exhaust valve.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	8223  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Aye Chihuahua!! Those are sad pictures. Thanks for posting Rusty. Looks like Ford may need a bit more engineering on thier new diesel.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #7

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Rusty,

A link to the forum where those pictures were posted would be helpful. I'd like to read some of the discussion.

I wonder if the OP has been scared off yet?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
Rusty,

A link to the forum where those pictures were posted would be helpful. I'd like to read some of the discussion.
It's a Dodge Cummins forum, so be prepared for the snide comments and brand loyalists - that's why I didn't post the link initially. Buried in the chaff is some good first-hand insight in this company's initial Ford 6.7L experience. So, here ya go.....

LINK

Rusty
Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
It's a Dodge Cummins forum, so be prepared for the snide comments and brand loyalists - that's why I didn't post the link initially. Buried in the chaff is some good first-hand insight in this company's initial Ford 6.7L experience. So, here ya go.....

LINK

Rusty
Thanks, Rusty. After our truck experience after the Williams rally last summer, I'm in a 'keep or replace' decision mode and need all the information I can get.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Here's a close-up of the cracked exhaust valve shown in post #5.

Rusty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6.7L Ford - Cracked Exhaust Valve Closeup.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	8249  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
wow you are biased, where are all the other cummins 6.7 broken parts?
a service truck takes a beating and its usually because the guy driving it doesn't own it, it gets long idle times, wot takeoffs,
bet i could break a duramax or cummins if it wasn't my truck

your over the side there and i would expect better of you...

all things mechanical will break. period

thats why put engines in service trucks for testing, who better than to put a beating on a truck or system.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Pardon me, but I have intentionally tried to present nothing but factual information in this thread. I have said nothing derogatory about anyone or any manufacturer. If that makes me "biased", then so be it. I don't think it does anyone any good to take the "whistling past the graveyard" denial approach when problems crop up, regardless of the brand of truck or engine involved. Would you, as a potential consumer, rather NOT know what's going on with this all new design engine before you lay your $50-$60K+ on the table? That was the OP's question, wasn't it?

You might want to re-read this thread and rethink your attack on me for presenting only the facts.

Rusty
Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
And in this corner wearing the blue trunks . . .
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #14

Rusty is right Ford has Issiues with their Desiels.

My brother drives a company truck that is an F350. That has a Utility bed. After he left his job near my house. He blew a plug on Passenger side that blew out all the oil. Seezed the motor. This was a 2010 model with 35000 miles. With fleet maintenance. Ford has issiues with their desiels.
Also brother is close to 60 yrs old. He is easy on any vehicle he drives.
I drive a 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins 5.9. No problems.

I have a bunch of co workers that have Ford deseils. They get between 10-15 MPG. My Cummins gets between 19-21 MPG. Those are not towing numbers. Towing numbers are even bigger split..

In my opionin Dodge is a better truck. My 2006 came with a 36 gallon tank. I can run nearly 700 miles unladen. Try to do that in a Ford or a Chevy.

Plus those don't have the torque of of a Cummins.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote