Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Free RV on Facebook? Baloney!

So has anyone seen posts similar to this on Facebook?

We have got 12 RV's) that can’t be sold because they are older models . Therefore we are giving them away for free. Want one of them? Just SHARE this photo & LIKE Our Page and we will choose 15 people completely at random on May 25th!

I posted that "If you believe this, I have a bridge for sale" and that there is no way that older RV's can't be sold.

I know they aren't for real and only want a lot of people to share and like the page. The must have another reason to do this. Perhaps to get information to sell to marketers? Anyone know more about this type of post?
RayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #2

I can't figure out wht they do it, but i recognize it as a scam or something. I feel bad when my FB friends fall for it.

The one I saw this morning showed a class C with no obvious slides. The inside looked very spacious with a full sized residential fridge. The interiors of most of those I've seen could never be contained in the outside package shown.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:55 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevilleDF View Post
I can't figure out wht they do it, but i recognize it as a scam or something. I feel bad when my FB friends fall for it.

The one I saw this morning showed a class C with no obvious slides. The inside looked very spacious with a full sized residential fridge. The interiors of most of those I've seen could never be contained in the outside package shown.
That's the one I saw also. If you clicked on the poster 'Abandoned' or something like that, it brought you to a page of abandoned places. Nothing at all to do with RV's. I just looked back on Facebook to find that post and I see it's gone. Then I went to a relative's page who had shared it and there was nothing there about it. When you share something, it should appear on your own page.

That just makes be believe that someone is hijacking the 'Abandoned' name and the name of my relative who supposedly shared it.

In the past there have been others from Bill Gates sending you money plus a few others. People like and share the page thinking they have nothing to lose but who knows?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:09 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
Yup I am in Southern Maryland at present, and each time I see the post I write "SCAM"!!!
I believe it's a way to get folks info, start with, You Won One Of Our RV's,
Now we need your info to register it, Or Some Such Nonsense.

It will help the innocent if You report the post as a possible Scam to Facebook.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:24 AM   #5

Quote:

I wonder if it was a "Tardis"?
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #6

Quote:

They do it to get a lot of "likes" and "shares" for the page.
Then the page is sold to an advertiser and all the ding dongs that "liked" and "shared" the page and all their friends start getting that advertiser showing up in their news feed.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Those that like, share and click are just being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
They do it to get a lot of "likes" and "shares" for the page.
Then the page is sold to an advertiser and all the ding dongs that "liked" and "shared" the page and all their friends start getting that advertiser showing up in their news feed.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
I wonder if it was a "Tardis"?
Boy wouldn't that be great if they could make an RV that is much larger on the inside than on the outside. I would buy something as small as a class B and have over 45 feet of space on the inside. Wow
!
Old 05-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I had a friend do this months ago on another free RV offer. Shortly thereafter he started to get inundated with unwanted feeds on Facebook. I wish Facebook would recognize these scams and block them.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #10

This is why I do not use Facebook or any social media. The closest I come to social media is this forum. I have ad blocking software on my computer and a call blocking AP on my phone. But that is just me.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:30 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I think it was P.T. Barnum that said "a sucker is born every minute"!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
I can't afford anymore free stuff.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:36 PM   #13

They have this kind of trailer I have seen it here.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by artman1913 View Post
They have this kind of trailer I have seen it here.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Tags
ace