Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #15

vintage 63 Cushman...too noisy for parks though...dual straight pipes

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
Smell? now that's funny....a golf cart smelling worse than a diesel tow vehicle or DP
Hey, don't try to introduce logic!

Besides, you're not driving your DP up and down, all around, all day long.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #17

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
vintage 63 Cushman...too noisy for parks though...dual straight pipes

That is sweet!!! You did a fantastic job restoring it!!
windydaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by windydaboo View Post
In the market for a golf cart for campground transportation and maybe a little trail action.
Can anyone offer some pros and cons about gas powered vs electric powered?
seriously gas is a no brainer however Rv resorts where I winter only allow electric. BUT if i was given a choice it would be gas.Cheap to run and maintane.Electric are a pain in the a$$ between battery chargers,new batterys,acid spils on the driveway etc etc etc
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #19

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
UPDATE... We got one!

WE got one!

Been hunting Craigslist daily checking on carts. They are much more expensive than I was expecting, however, we found one and bought it on Tuesday! Happened to find a couple that had just bought a house at auction and were needing cash ASAP. They were selling all the toys they could in order to raise the money in 3 days.

We got a really nice, clean, well cared for EZGO 48volt, Jakes lift, BRAND NEW Trojan batteries, BRAND NEW off road tires, custom carbon fiber dash w/ stereo, rear seat, and the roof even has a tinted skylight! Since this is really a toy for the DG, the pink camo doesn't bother me and she likes it, which is what matters anyway. Now the only issue is getting it to fit in the garage. The skylight roof is taller than a stock roof and makes me too tall to fit under the door by 2 inches!! I figure we can either buy lower profile tires/wheels for the neighborhood driving or build a little garage for it, unless anyone else has any ideas.

The price they were asking for the cart was a good deal considering all the options it has and the cart was on our list of ones to go see at the weekend. However, when we saw that they dropped the price by $1000 we went to go see it that night. These guys lived way out in the boonies and had one of the biggest garages I have ever seen and it was chock full of toys. Buried deep under a pile of fishing poles, boxes, yard tools, and other junk was an old VW sand rail. It was her late fathers buggy and had been sitting for a year or two, but she said it ran when it was parked. After about 30 seconds of bargaining, we bought it also, for $1000. So I got a golf cart AND a sand rail dune buggy for what they were originally asking for the cart, which was already a very fair price.

The next day I checked out the buggy, saw it needed a fuel pump, replaced it (in 10 mins), and the old girl runs like a scalded dog! Looks like it will take very little to get it ready for some off road fun! I'm just tickled pink with the purchase. We got such a good deal I actually felt bad when we were leaving and the DG wanted to give them another $100 or two to ease her guilt!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	golf cart.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	30128   Click image for larger version

Name:	golf cart 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	30129  

Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks like lowering the rear of the roof is doable. You might see if it is possible to shorten the rear roof support posts enough to clear the garage opening. BTW nice looking cart!!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Looks like lowering the rear of the roof is doable. You might see if it is possible to shorten the rear roof support posts enough to clear the garage opening. BTW nice looking cart!!
I agree. If it came down to it I would change the roof back to an OEM rather than change the tires or suspension.

If you do go with different wheels/tires let me know. They are much more cool than the fake Cragar mag hub caps we have.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gas, greater range, Electric, (less the park charges for plugging it in) lower operating cost.. how about Hybrid.

That's an electric cart, carry the charger on the cart, hang a Yahama inverter generator on the back of the cart (Back seat) and if you need more range...... Pull the rope.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #23

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Thanks for the replies and compliments...

Lowering the roof was my first idea. What you don't see in the pics is the speaker box up inside the rear of the roof. If I was to lower the posts by a few inches then the speaker box would hit someones head.

I was thinking of having two sets of tires. On and off-road. While at home the street tires will ride better, last longer and fit under my door. When camping at a woodsy spot, swap over to the off road treads.

Also thinking of making a little garage for it since the house garage is already pretty full. We could have a little garage to store the cart and all our camping supplies in one place.

Any other ideas?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by windydaboo
I was thinking of having two sets of tires. On and off-road. While at home the street tires will ride better, last longer and fit under my door. When camping at a woodsy spot, swap over to the off road treads.

Any other ideas?
Stock pull offs are $25 each here locally, mounted and ready to bolt on. Great for saving wear on the big tires. Check your local CL listings.

Nice cart!
Mbates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas