Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 05:46 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Grandson camp out was great till the end

I wanted to take my grandson on a camp out before school started back up this year so we did it!! We had so much fun! It was 90 degrees out and I built us a campfire (with green wood and half a bottle of fire starter fuel no less &#128516 so we could roast brats and later make s'mores. We got to spend some really quality time together. We even went swimming together so we could cool off. We did everything together those two days. Well, almost everything. We were camping very close to home and it was getting really hot again and James was wanting to go home. Seeing as how we're only five blocks or so from his house I took him home and went back to finish packing up. When we got into the park the day before the only sites available were electric and water only so I had to go up to the dump station on the way out. Which I did. And when I opened the wet bay it was full of waste water!!!! YIKES!!! What a mess! Turns out I had a black water valve fail so I got things hooked up quickly and dumped what little water we had from a day and half excursion. I'm really glad he wasn't with me then. I spent the better part of an hour cleaning the bay, the ground and all that was affected. It was still a fantastic time with my grandson. When we were sitting talking the evening before, well, actually it was me talking, he asked me to be quiet so he could hear the scenery! Memories....

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is an ad on TV that applies to this situtation

Chlorox.. For Life's more bleachable moments. (if I spelled the name right).

Hey... I keep a bottle of bleach contaminated water in the wet bay for just such .... occasions.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There is an ad on TV that applies to this situtation

Chlorox.. For Life's more bleachable moments. (if I spelled the name right).

Hey... I keep a bottle of bleach contaminated water in the wet bay for just such .... occasions.

Lol! I will have to start it appears. After I get a new valve!! Lol!

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Old 08-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Making memories that will last a lifetime!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #5

While we were enjoying our time together he told me out of the blue that he almost got a chartered plane last year. I didn't understand the comment until I asked him about it. Wife and I went to Texas for three months last year and we talked a little to the grandkids on the phone. Turns out what he was talking about was that he missed me so much he wanted to charter a plane to come see me. Don't think I will be gone that long again. Well, not for a while anyway. We made memories for sure.

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Old 08-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We took our 5 year old grandson camping for the first time this summer without his parents. Took him to Gettysburg. We go every spring and we always take his picture with this one particular cannon. Every year we get a different pose from him. This year he wanted a silly pose. Have everyone of them framed and attached to a mirror in our coach. He loves looking at them. He said, "Nana I think you have room for 21 pictures, but I think we will probably want to stop after 18!". This little man is our joy! We made wonderful memories that week. Can't wait to take him next year.

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #7

Oh yes, grandchildren, they are truly a blessing from God. DW and I got to take two of them for a week to Plymouth Massachusetts this summer had a great time whale watching and visiting all the historic sites. Can't wait to do it again, somewhere else though. Been there twice now.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
Oh yes, grandchildren, they are truly a blessing from God. DW and I got to take two of them for a week to Plymouth Massachusetts this summer had a great time whale watching and visiting all the historic sites. Can't wait to do it again, somewhere else though. Been there twice now.

We camped in our town park! I told him my legs keep getting skinnier and belly just gets bigger. I thought he was going to ground laughing!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1439600483.068111.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	103337Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1439600393.206363.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	103335Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1439600436.987839.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	105.2 KB