Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Gripe about some online sellers!

With the continuing trend toward online purchasing, plus even more of it with this virus thing, I’ve noticed some of the “tricks” sellers use.

Here’s one used by some of the bigger establishments ... they say you’re credit card won’t be charged until the product ships. Then the next thing you know, often very quickly, a notification is sent out saying it shipped. The charge hits your credit card right away. Then so many times the tracking detail shows only “shipping label created.” So later, often days later, the package actually shows some movement.

It’s a trick! Aggravating. Devious.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2020, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yup, they're using your money to operate on but still have the merchandise!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 06:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I recently had an order that shipped and 5 days later had moved under 500 miles, all in Illinois. It moved each day less than 100 miles.

I had a RV part ordered that wasn't in stock and they hit my CC the same day. When I called, they said that is their policy. They said they expected to ship in the next 3 months, needless to say, I cancelled the order.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:50 AM   #4
IC2

I'm waiting for one of my wife's Christmas presents now that supposedly shipped a week ago according to the website. Maybe today. I also have an RV part that the seller put a pretty large charge on my credit card - and wont ship until next month. Maybe. Financially it wont hurt but it's the principle of it that irks me since they have the use of my money.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #5

Been a 'standard' practice for years with on-line shopping...
Not new due to COVID....COVID has affected Supply & Handling (delays)

But charging CC when Shipping Label Generated is pretty standard

Takes 1 day to have charge applied and 3 weeks to get a refund.
Nothing different...same old practice
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Been a 'standard' practice for years with on-line shopping...
Not new due to COVID....COVID has affected Supply & Handling (delays)

But charging CC when Shipping Label Generated is pretty standard

Takes 1 day to have charge applied and 3 weeks to get a refund.
Nothing different...same old practice

Yep if you were that business would you ship not knowing your cc was good not an uncommon practice
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #7

So you think Ebay is above being being complicit to fraud?
Well, guess again!!
Just try to post a negative experience about a seller. Ain't gonna happen! I speak from experience.
Seller's picture of their product showed 5 packs of jerky recipe. Description said 5 pkgs. Pkg showed up with only three pkgs.
Tried to complain. Ebay said send package back and will then get my refund--dealing direct with this seller.
Like I should surrender the item without any guarantee I can trust this seller? Or that I can even post a negative experience?
Guess what? We will NEVER order from Ebay again.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #8

Ordered a Kobalt cordless leaf blower from Lowes in Plover, WI.
Tracking report indicated four or five stops in Texas, then to Minneapolis, Mn, then Mosinee, WI, then here to home in Weston, WI. Took almost two weeks.
Got so disgusted because we needed the blower now, that we got in the car, drove down to Plover, got the same exact blower for the same sale price and came home. All in less than three hours!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Ordered a Kobalt cordless leaf blower from Lowes in Plover, WI.
Tracking report indicated four or five stops in Texas, then to Minneapolis, Mn, then Mosinee, WI, then here to home in Weston, WI. Took almost two weeks.
Got so disgusted because we needed the blower now, that we got in the car, drove down to Plover, got the same exact blower for the same sale price and came home. All in less than three hours!
Should have paid for express shipping if you NEEDED it NOW
Lowes offers 'Next Day', 'Two-Business Day' and 'Standard' (1-8 BUSINESS Days after 'processing')

In mean time..rake like the good old days
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:47 PM   #10

FedEx is the worst in meeting delivery dates.

I've had item's on their trucks that's been scheduled for delivery but then rescheduled at least three time before actually being delivered...on their truck!

I wrote the seller whose replies were, "We'll notify the shipper and tell them you need item(s) soonest possible".
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:18 PM   #11

I have problems with online orders from time to time. Covid really slowed things down. Now it's the holidays which is an automatic slowdown.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:54 AM   #12

But Amazon just keeps on getting it done. No wonder he is so rich. They control their own shipping for the most part, that's the key.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:17 AM   #13

I ordered three items to three different locations from Gift Tree on Dec 1st.It took me two times trying to communicate with Gift Tree to get the tracking numbers.

One was delivered two days ago. the other two have not moved in six days. One is stranded in the town that it is to be delivered to. The other has not left the town of origin yet. Thank You USPS.

Very frustrating.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:32 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
But Amazon just keeps on getting it done. No wonder he is so rich. They control their own shipping for the most part, that's the key.
I have to agree. Often I would prefer to give some other company the business but default to Amazon because of easy returns and no hassle cancelations or refunds. I do wish there were more alternatives though and do go elsewhere when I can.

Tags
sell