Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #15
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have not been on here that long but I looked forward to his posts. I was afraid to ask where he went for fear that something may have happened. I don't get why he would be asked to leave from what I have read.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I will take a chance going off topic here. I use my iPad, and the irv2 app and avoid all the advertising.
I personally think it's a good thing to have posters on here continually flirting with disaster and warnings. It makes the site a lot more interesting. I've never received a warning , but I've been warned that I will. Very amusing.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have not posted on rv net in a long time. Been here the past several moths exclusively. I will need to check back to rv net to see if things have picked up with seajay over there.

There are veterans! then there are veterans like seajay. From his posts we should all be thankful that this country still stands due to men (and woman) like seajay.

He should be welcomed back if he would want to return.

This is a forum. I like it here but there are others and I have spent my time here because of the people that post here. I give a lot of credit to the moderators for keeping things civil. I don't agree with all the rules but for the most part it has been a great place. I hope we see seajay again soon.

Go figure a jar head sticking up for a squid. Normaly that only happens when there is another branch out numbering and picking a fight with on one of us.

To all my Navy freinds, thanks for the ride and good times in transit!

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
Old 02-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
I use to be a member of a trucking forum (commercial trucking), then the ownership changed hands and they put more emphases on promoting the adds then on the driver/members and started restricting what was and what was not allowed. The site lost membership because of the "heavy handedness" and is now a shell of what it use to be.
I don't want to see that happen here as I enjoy all the banter and helpful info supplied by members. I too liked reading seajay's posts and have no idea what he could have done to be asked to leave...
Old 02-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And here I just thought he was busy writing a novel. Will have to drop him a line.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you ever considered there are posts may be made by members that are not seen by all members because the mods/admins remove or edit them since they don't meet forum rules? Posts that meet the forum rules remain, the ones that don't we may never see so we therefore automatically think there is nothing wrong with "x's" posts when in reality one out of three posts may have been removed.

Just something to thinks about.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometwn2 View Post
Seajay where are you? Anyone Know? I haven't been a member of this group very long but have read all his stuff. Need some new Seajay to read. Hope all is well.
I spent 4 years on the FDR CVA 42, a Vietnam vet and 6 years active duty as a Navy CB 2nd class Builder. And yes I thank a service man or woman in person every chance I get.
Would welcome the chance to meet you someday soon!

Larry
First of all let me say thank you for all the replies to my original post. Glad to see that there are so many others that have enjoyed the many writings from Seajay.
I came across this group when my wife and I were contemplating selling our house and buying a motor home to full time and see this country while we are still able. I read the posts here as a guest for quite some time before joining. This is the first group I have ever joined and I did so manly for the wealth of information available to people of every level of experience. The main thing I noticed was the friendliness of the membership and the willingness to share there knowledge never thinking that someones question was dumb. I have learned much here. The other thing that convinced me to join was Seajay. He never failed to put a smile on my face. I think I have read every thing he has written here sometimes two or three times. I started this post because I had not seen anything from him lately and Hoping nothing had happened to him or Willa. I had no idea that he had been ask to move on. I can't Imagen how that came about. I have not changed my mind about this site. I still believe it is a great place to be and the members are the best of the best But I do miss Seajay and I do want him back here. Maybe if enough people reply the Moderators and Administrators Will reconsider and ask Seajay to come back. as near as I can tell Seajay is a major asset to this site and I for one would like to see him back. I will go to rv net to get my Seajay fix but don't consider it to be near the site this is.
Come on everyone lets cast our vote and get Seajay back! Please keep the replies coming and show your support. Certainly Seajay will not make or break this forum and I don't mean to imply that. There are many people here that contribute as much or more to the success of this site. I just think that Seajay in his unique way stands out.
OK enough for now. Hope this makes sense. I am not a good writer but just have to offer my 2 cents on this.
Just another Sailer from the past,
Larry
Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hi hometwn2,
The post by Elkhartjim just previous to your last post hit the nail on the head. No member will make or break this site. And that is how it should be. All of us have a "dark side". Most of us contain it. Some do not. The moderators treat everyone the same. I'm sure Seajay was provided more than one opportunity to ensure his posts complied with the rules of this site. These are the same rules that apply to all members. When that compliance was not forthcoming, a membership in this forum can not be allowed.

Consider that your request might be backwards. Seajay is the one who should ask, the iRV2 powers to be, for another chance. In that request should be a promise he can comply with the same set of rules everyone must adhere to.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 02-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #23
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
First, Seajay is on rvforum.net (not the one I originally posted - my bad.)

Second, let us not bash the admins or moderators. That is not what this thread is all about.

Third, Seajay would come back if permitted to and would do so on a trial basis if allowed.

Fourth, I do not know the reason for banishment, and even if I did it would not be within the rules of this forum to discuss it.

Now, Seajay is "truly amazed," to see how many people have visited this thread, and the number of replies. He is concerned about some of the posts in this thread and he is hoping that none of the posters get into any trouble. So, let's keep it to a non-bashing thread.

He really is elated that Marines are saying nice things about him. I tell him that it is all false accolades. We just want him to feel good. He really is just a "sorry" squid. (Ha ha! he can't reply.)

To anyone who ever reads the banter between service members, be assured of one thing. We all stand up for the rights of all Americans and stand back to back for those rights. The banter is just that, good nature banter that has been going on for centuries. We sound bad when talking to each other, but in person we will share a drink, meal, and shake hands thanking each other for their service. So, never take anything we banter about as a serious indication of our actions. They are just words.

Seajay, I know you are reading this, it is an open forum, so go jump in a cold lake. I know you are getting excited.

For those who do not understand Seajay, or who do not like the banter between our groups, or do not like the posts, there is no need to read them - just skip them, but let us that do enjoy those forms of entertainment continue to do so. This is not about making or breaking this site. It is, in gist, "where did Seajay go, and what happened to him." It is not about "why," however that is a good question.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #24

I have nothing against Seajay, but I always bypassed his posts. They were too long and flowery for me, and yes, I am a retired chief myself.

Ed
Short, and to the point.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi hometwn2,
The post by Elkhartjim just previous to your last post hit the nail on the head. No member will make or break this site. And that is how it should be. All of us have a "dark side". Most of us contain it. Some do not. The moderators treat everyone the same. I'm sure Seajay was provided more than one opportunity to ensure his posts complied with the rules of this site. These are the same rules that apply to all members. When that compliance was not forthcoming, a membership in this forum can not be allowed.

Consider that your request might be backwards. Seajay is the one who should ask, the iRV2 powers to be, for another chance. In that request should be a promise he can comply with the same set of rules everyone must adhere to.
Hi GaryKD,
Your point is well taken. I'm new here and I know there are two sides to every story. In no way am I trying to make waves. Without the moderators and staff I'm sure this site would not be as good as it is. I believe they work very hard to make this site as good as it can be. I do not know what led to there decision to ask that Seajay move on. Therefore I am not saying there decision was wrong only that I miss Seajays company here. You may be right that my request might be backward and that it should be Seajay who should ask the iRV2 powers for another chance. I don't know how many chances he has had to date. Maybe the two of them could get together and reach an agreement. I think the moderators do a wonderful job hear to keep this site free of politics, religion and fowl language these are for other sites and I appreciate the many hours they invest. Sometimes the words I write don't come out the way I meant them to.
Thanks for your reply Gary and thanks for all the replies here. I hope all works out well in the end.
My signature is an inscription that my mother put on a hand made pillow given to us not long before her death and I try very hard to live by it.
Larry
Old 02-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #26
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Folks we are going to close this thread. We take member privacy seriously and account details and site team interactions are included in that stance. Speculating about this simply leads to misinformation and hurt feelings and so we ask you to respect this and refrain...

Thanks for understanding

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Closed Thread