Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2020, 05:29 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Just curious, what was the other forum?
The part about food is in the comments of this article, here.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2020, 05:56 AM   #16

Crossed back into Canada at 8:00pm March 18th. at Detroit/Windsor.
We were the only vehicle at the border at that time!
No questions about food products only the usual Tobacco, Liquor and dollar purchases.
The Canadian Border Agent was very friendly and gave us a sheet of paper describing the 14 day self-isolation.
Absolute best crossing ever.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:59 AM   #17

I live about 20 miles south of the border where there is a crossing into Canada. The last information I saw on our local news said Canadians who winter in the US will be allowed to return to Canada.
I will watch for this in print and add a link to my post as soon as I see it. Changes are coming about by the minute so any information you find my become invalid in a short time.
With the closing of restaurants etc., if I was traveling, I would have enough supplies on board to be self sufficient even if this meant throwing some food items away when you reach the border. This also will lessen your exposure to others while you are traveling. You are self contained, take advantage of it.
Lynn
Old 03-23-2020, 10:17 PM   #18

Just head home, isolate yourselves for the 14 days, have friends who were not out of country buy you some Staples to get you by, don't for heaven's sake be the ignorant think about only yourself and decide to go shopping possibly infecting others. Just go straight home and relax for 2 weeks.
fleetwood ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:24 AM   #19

Crossed at Detroit March 21.
All vehicles passed through customs faster than usual. 30 seconds.
Ask how long away, any contact with a know carrier, have a cough?
Told to self isolate for 14 days. Handed an info sheet.
Good Bye.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
We're at an rv resort in Mesa, AZ. and a large part of the population were Canadians. They've nearly all left, starting over a week ago. We'd heard that the Canadian Govt. had urged them to head home. Probably just a rumor. We had friends who flew home to Guelph, Ont. from Mexico yesterday and the 14 day self isolation is real. I live in PA. and have extended for another month. No idea what we'll do after that but at 75 I'd sure rather not get this thing.
DandyDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:49 PM   #21

This may not help as things have been changing by the hour and talking to friends who crossed the border the day before ( them Fri 20th , me Sat 21)at a different crossing , them Peace Arch ( no RV lane ) me the truck crossing a short distance to the east, each crossing can be different.

Their crossing, in a car ; one lane 40 min line up with lots of questions @ 6 pm, given the paper on self isolation .
My crossing ; 10 am , not another vehicle in sight , only one lane open , short look at passports and declaration receipts , short talk about self isolation and warning sheet . 2 mins .
There was a police presence and there has been talk about these crossings being closed at times overnight ..so don't show up at 2 am to avoid line ups.

EDIT: Just prior to are departing the Parker AZ area, last Wednesday , there was a rumor that so many snowbirds were leaving that stations in Yuma were running out of diesel .

I had none of the usual questions about food , or booze .
Old 03-27-2020, 05:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
This may not help as things have been changing by the hour and talking to friends who crossed the border the day before ( them Fri 20th , me Sat 21)at a different crossing , them Peace Arch ( no RV lane ) me the truck crossing a short distance to the east, each crossing can be different.

Their crossing, in a car ; one lane 40 min line up with lots of questions @ 6 pm, given the paper on self isolation .
My crossing ; 10 am , not another vehicle in sight , only one lane open , short look at passports and declaration receipts , short talk about self isolation and warning sheet . 2 mins .
There was a police presence and there has been talk about these crossings being closed at times overnight ..so don't show up at 2 am to avoid line ups.

EDIT: Just prior to are departing the Parker AZ area, last Wednesday , there was a rumor that so many snowbirds were leaving that stations in Yuma were running out of diesel .

I had none of the usual questions about food , or booze .
Dated information I know, but: Thursday March 19 we crossed at Peace Arch. Usual quizzes about liquor, guns, tobacco, plus How are you feeling?

Nobody there but bored Customs agents. No designated RV lane, but they have a strait shot from the 3rd lane from the building (happened to be the open lane) to an "oversize vehicle" area where we had to park while I went in to pay the excess on our wine. Much easier to navigate than the car lanes at Pacific Highway, where there were no designated RV lanes the last time I went that way. Access is important to me, as, with my car in a trailer behind, I am 64' long and a full 106" wide at the trailer wheels.
Koliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
they are asking returning snowbirds to go straight home and stay there for 14 days - do not go to Costco or Walmart and possibly infect others.
Have a neighbour or rellie do your shopping for you. This is extremely important!! welcome home!
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:24 PM   #24
NXR

Canadian friends told me that an Amber Alert went out today that the fourteen day quarantine for people crossing the border is now a law rather than a request.

Their crossing was very short and quick. I’d stock up as much as possible in the US if I were you. Their small town north of Toronto is having food and supply shortages.

Ray
Old 03-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Canadian friends told me that an Amber Alert went out today that the fourteen day quarantine for people crossing the border is now a law rather than a request.

Their crossing was very short and quick. I’d stock up as much as possible in the US if I were you. Their small town north of Toronto is having food and supply shortages.

Ray

No Amber here. Our PM, Justin Trudeau, announce the change to mandatory quarantine.

Not many Canadians left in the Snowbird spots, as most of us have a travel medical plan that requires us to be home, or have an exigent excuse, within 10 days of the "Travel Alert" that Trudeau posted on March 13th. Anyone returning during that 10 day period was on a 14 day "self isolation" the instant they entered Canada. More recent arrivals are of course now on a mandatory 14 day Quarantine. Both of those, the self isolation and the quarantine require 100% compliance. Once you get home, write down the mileage on the odometer. That shouldn't change until your isolation or quarantine is over.
We live in a rural area. long before we arrived home we had several offers from neighbours and friends who live a little further away, to shop for us and drop off our purchases on the front porch. We have taken advantage of this helpfulness and have repaid by e-transfer, so no cash needs to change hands.
If you are still on the road, avoid those tempting grocery stops along the way. You can wait. Your friends will help out if need be.
Koliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post

Ray
I will confirm for you... In Ontario the emergency broadcast system was used to send out an Alert to cellular phones and radio stations.

You are required by a Federally enacted law to self isolate for 14 days upon return to Canada. You are to go straight to isolation and remain there for the duration. Groceries are to be obtained via ordering on line or enlisting outside resources to shop for you. The fine for disobeying the regulation is up to $100,000. Regulators are conducting random spot checks to ensure people abide by the laws and local Law Enforcement is being utilized to enforce various orders being enforced under both Federal and Provincial Emergency Measures legislation.

2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P / 2015 Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #27

Anyone with an RV.....Whether you’re a returning Snowbird or not, American or Canadian, the only way to get through this is easy. Two words STAY HOME.

No one is enjoying this situation, and there’s really no alternative to get past this virus, other than not providing human bodies to set up the infection.

Healthy people don’t know if they’re carriers or not, so how are you going to know you’re being careful enough around others?
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote