Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #757

I might be guessing but I think I know who and why they put a limit on fuel........they ( Flying J/ Pilot) limit the amount per purchase because they don't want to "eat" a dead beat who runs off not paying a three to four hundred dollar fuel stop vs a 100.00 dollar purchase. Does that make sense?.....cause like I said, the credit card company do not have a limit on the purchase.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #758
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your card is stolen, your liability is only $50. It is one of the reasons why signatures are checked and verified at many, not all, places. Since the credit card company will only honor $50 on a stolen card it sounds like a CYA for the dealers to put a cap on the card. The credit card company cares less as they will still get $50 and the other $??? is the service station/dealer.

It has also been stated in this thread that Visa does not have a cap as there must be some type of arrangement with the service stations. So switch to Visa and enjoy full fueling, maybe.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #759

I had a problem recently with buying DEF fluid at the tractor pumps. The menu selection asks whether one is purchasing tractor or refer fuel and there is not the option of selecting DEF. It was handled by a very supportive person at the truck stop but it could not be done at the tractor pump with the Pilot credit card.

DEF at the pump is a great convenience but apparently it is buried in a submenu at the pumps.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #760

Hello Lynsay I am from Canada we have a problem with our CC at the pump US pumps don't allow us Canadians to use your pay at the pump due to the fact we need to put in our Zip code which has 6 numbers yours has 5 so we have to go into the store and prepay which I will say is a pain if you could fix that you would be someone who gets things done Thankyou for my input Michael Marcocchio
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #761

Winnebago Owners Club
Just checked diesel prices at Pilot in Bath NY $4.43/ gal and about 2 miles down the road at Sonoco $4.23/ gal. Need about 90 gallons, guess where I will be getting my fill up.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #762

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Guy View Post
Hello Lynsay I am from Canada we have a problem with our CC at the pump US pumps don't allow us Canadians to use your pay at the pump due to the fact we need to put in our Zip code which has 6 numbers yours has 5 so we have to go into the store and prepay which I will say is a pain if you could fix that you would be someone who gets things done Thankyou for my input Michael Marcocchio
Lyndsay doesn't monitor this forum any longer, but try the following at the pump:
Enter only the numbers from your postal code, and add 2 zeros to pad it to 5 digits. For example, a postal code of K1S 5M7 would be entered as 15700.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #763

Tiffin Owners Club
Lynsay, I am a member of Camping World does that get me the discounts at Pilot
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #764

Foretravel Owners Club
I am so happy that my coach has a 194 gal diesel tank, that with better than 8 mpg is a long way, so my fills are over 1,000 milea apart, depending on price at pump, yes have the FJ credit card that extracts direct from my bank acct, a painless method I like and the $.06 discount.
FJ is not always the cheapest, and 1 cent a gal is 1 dollar a hundred, so the math kicks in, if a good price and only need a hundred or so gal, it all gets lost in the noise.
I only stop at ones the have the Denneys, the others using a sandwich shop is not for my taste.
Merry Christmas
Dave M
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #765

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Hunter 45,
CW no longer has a solitary program, like in the past. It has been combined with GS. May I assume that you now belong to GS? You can go to the link in post #1 (in this thread) and learn how to receive a PFJ RV fueling discount card. Post #1, in this thread, provides a high level overview. Click on the links to go to PFJ and get instructions and details. There is a program for GS members and non-GS members.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #766

Sorry if this has been covered but there are sooo many pages...

I haven't used a FJ in nearly 5 years. Mainly because they were often .10-.20 higher then a station down the road. And a $0.03 discount? That's $2.70 for a fill up for me (90 gallon tank - diesel). That discount, 8 years ago, seemed fine back when fuel was only $2.15/gallon. Now it's around $4/gallon (diesel) and the card is still only $0.03 off? Not enough inducement for me to bother with it anymore.

In reading many of these posts, I see some are receiving both the cash price and the discount using their CC and the rewards card. I don't recall that ever happening when I did use FJ's. If it's a new thing, or a consistent thing (see post #742) then I might be interested in returning to FJ on a more regular basis.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #767

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Sorry if this has been covered but there are sooo many pages...

I haven't used a FJ in nearly 5 years. Mainly because they were often .10-.20 higher then a station down the road. And a $0.03 discount? That's $2.70 for a fill up for me (90 gallon tank - diesel). That discount, 8 years ago, seemed fine back when fuel was only $2.15/gallon. Now it's around $4/gallon (diesel) and the card is still only $0.03 off? Not enough inducement for me to bother with it anymore.

In reading many of these posts, I see some are receiving both the cash price and the discount using their CC and the rewards card. I don't recall that ever happening when I did use FJ's. If it's a new thing, or a consistent thing (see post #742) then I might be interested in returning to FJ on a more regular basis.
Hi Jim,
I am like you with not bothering with Flying J. I find it's much easier and cheaper to use Gas Buddy and get the best price and use my cash back credit card to get an even better price.
It is hard to imagine a Company whose policy is so screwed up it takes 750 plus posts just to figure out how to buy a gallon of fuel.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #768

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter 45 View Post
Lynsay, I am a member of Camping World does that get me the discounts at Pilot
One of the dangers of responding to an old thread started over a year ago is that one of the messages way up from yours says Lindsay is not here any more, and it gives the number for customer service.

I do not think being a member of GS or CW's president club does anything for you at Pilot/FlyingJ but... They have the RV loyality card. you get points (At least) and a very slight discount on gas. or Diesel.

Pick up the application at any Pilot or Flying-J fuel desk. One card works both stations of course.

Come summer I may just be a happy camper... I spend the summer going back and forth between two campgrounds (mostly) and the freeway exit I take getting to one (or entrance to the other) now features a brand new PILOT station. Opened as I passed it the last time last fall.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #769

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
see some are receiving both the cash price and the discount using their CC and the rewards card. I don't recall that ever happening when I did use FJ's. If it's a new thing, or a consistent thing
Absolutely consistent and normal for me since 2004. RV Rewards Card, CC (rewards card) at cash price, then 5% of the total fuel bill subtracted from my CC bill when purchased at the pump
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #770

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jim_HiTek,

First, go to post #1. It was revised in November of 12. The links will allow you to determine which PFJ program is best for you.

There quite a few fine print restrictions when using a CC that provides a cash back option. Each CC is different. However, the bottom line is the merchant must be registered with the CC company in the correct category for the customer to receive anything higher than the basic (1%) cash rebate. If the merchant has registered in a way to avoid the higher cash back, the customer will receive the base cash back % for that card. It took me a year doing research on this and running test purchases with different CCs to determine many merchants register in such a way to avoid the paying the higher cash back. I quit using the program allowing one to receive a PFJ discount and the CC cash back. All I was getting from the CC companies was the basic 1% for most fuel purchases. Now I use the PFJ program associated with Good Sam (see post #1). I receive 8 cents off the cash price on diesel and 6 cents off the cash price on gas. PFJ sends me a monthly statement and electronically transfers that amount from my checking account once a month. For me, this is fine.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Closed Thread