Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #799

Thor Owners Club
@garykd - as a Canadian, I have actually found it to be the 3 numbers from our postal code followed by two zeros - in my case it becomes 01000 - and it works everytime and at all pumps, not just the PFJ. By the way, we use PFJ as much as possible for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that the RV lanes make it easy to get in and out without inconveniencing other patrons - after all, we Canadians are known for our politeness
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #800

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tladouceur58 View Post
@garykd - as a Canadian, I have actually found it to be the 3 numbers from our postal code followed by two zeros - in my case it becomes 01000 - and it works everytime and at all pumps, not just the PFJ. By the way, we use PFJ as much as possible for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that the RV lanes make it easy to get in and out without inconveniencing other patrons - after all, we Canadians are known for our politeness
I was told by PFJ to use 90 at the end of the 3 digit numbers on our postal code, so in my case it would be 60390 but 00 will probably work just the same, just can't wait to try it out next month on our trip to Louisiana
Old 02-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #801

Newmar Owners Club
Based on the previous two posts, Canadian guests may have two choices. For me, use whatever works.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
ha sorry no i havent, prolly more like 6 or so. why?
I lived/worked at one in southern Mo along interstate 55 south
Because all Flying J's now have Denny's as their restaurant, and there is no longer a buffet.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #803

really..oh thats a bummer....
Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #804

Not about discount cards, but a friend of mine who is in the trucking business said y'all were putting in a lot of CNG fueling stations along expressways. What is the timing of this? Thanks for you help. I understand there can be as much as $40,000 a year savings for a busy long haul trucker.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #805

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Lindsay Richards,
This is the plan for PFJ. They are working closely with tractor manufacturers and the trucking companies. The infrastructure needs to be in place before the tractors can be purchased. It just can't be in place years before they are used. It is a delicate balance. The official timing is not available. Gut feel says the CNG fueling points will be on major E/W and N/S routes first. The bottom line is CNG fueling points will be where the CNG tractors are.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 03-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #806

Two many Lindsay's forr this thread, but at least we spell them differently. I have a friend who is half of an over the road trucking team. He goes from Orlando, to KY, to AZ and back to Orlando every week (Boy, would I hate to do that.) They only stop for fuel and to switch drivers. He has said he has seen some CNG stations being put in. I saw on either Westport or CNGNow that they are selling package units that have either 2 or 4 fueling stations that can be kind of dropped in. I was hoping Flying J would be going heavy into this as I am of the belief that this can really benfit the RV community. Deisel Fuel Equivalants of $1.50 or so sounds really great to me. I have read that an on the road truck can save up to $40,000 a year of so with the self igniting engines and have the same preformance as the deisel. For RV'ing, this would be great. I did see the one RV that one of the Mfg's had on the internet, but I believe it was a conversion rather than a made for CNG engine. I believe it would be fairly easy for somebody like Ikon Renegade to go to a Westport, but the tankage would have to be worked out. A hundred dollar fuel stop would be great. I totally understand the chicken and egg dilemma. Thanks for answering.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #807

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Saw a CNG fill station being installed at the Flying J on I-10 just east of El Paso yesterday.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #808

That's great. I sure hope this gets going and transfers over to RV's. They need some trucking companies with consistent routes along those expressways. I think they can get 500 to 600 miles range which is about what the truckers can do on their allowable hours, so that would work out. Having fuel at >$2.00 is a huge advantage. I am afraid that one it catches on the politicians will start adding on the taxes, but it will still be a huge advantage and be an American produced fuel.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #809

I know of exactly one CNG station. It's near Stonewall, LA, at the Stage Stop truck stop (I-49, exit 186, Louisiana, just south of Shreveport). It's heavily used by the gas drilling and service companies in that area.

I don't do true over-the-road work any more, just regional in TX, LA, OK, AR, MS.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #810

Ford Super Duty Owner
RV friendly gas lanes

Nothing on Pilot website. Just started using Pilot after two fuel stops with RV gas pumps. Guess we were lucky cause every one since has been a problem. One had sign - small - at entrance "cars only" another was supposed to have two RV pumps and we could not find em. Maybe Pilot could add site map for stations?
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #811

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Most Pilot stations are not RV friendly at all for gas rigs. Go to the Flying J website (They are now owned by Pilot) and download the brochure on Flying J locations - almost all are RV friendly.

Pilot Flying J
Old 04-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #812

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cost of CNG for motor vehicles has NOTHING to do with the cost of natural gas. Natural gas has 2/3 the BTU of a gallon of gasoline so the current owners of the stations sets the price to 2/3 the price of the gasoline pump price. I pay $2. 95 per GGE. Gasoline Gallon Equivalent. Think the consumer will ever win? When I first bought my car CNG was .93 per GGE. Utah is still a good value as the state sets the price.
Closed Thread