Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits One
Wow. I feel like I just stepped into the twilite zone.

We are full time rvers and I don't understand why we can't just pull in, fill up, pay and roll on down the road. Why do we have to join a club or get a special card or know the secret handshake?

It seems to me that the easier you make it on rvers the more of us will stop and fill up. Why so complicated?
Amen to that!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #72

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We don't have a large RV motorhome. We RV with a 25' trailer....Would it be worth my time to sign up for a FJ RV card, or are they only for RV MH's..?? Usually I'll fill up once the gauge hits 1/4 or less....and a fill-up is only 20 gallons.... As we are wheeling down the freeway and getting near a fill-up, we'll start eyeing up exit prices posted on signs. Sometimes its a FJ, Pilot, TA or the many others.....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Old 04-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #73

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome. As you see - fueling is important part of our lives. Most of us feel like AKIBASE's well stated note on page 2. 70+ posts in 24 hours is very impressive. Gives you some idea on how large this market segment is. I think I'll give you another try.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #74

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club

WELCOME Lynsay

You are a "Brave Woman" to step right in here! This is a tough crowd.

Did you come here as part of a "corporate" inititative to improve customer satisfaction? or are you here because you just love us?

Either way, it says much for PFJ that one of "theirs" is here and listening to their customers. And we are good customers..every time one of us comes into your store you get at least a $250 sale!

Frankly, considering the cost of operating a motorhome, I buy fuel where it is cheapest and most convenient, sometimes that is a PFJ, most often times not. Remember that $0.10 per gallon means $10 each fill up for most of us, and as I have seen PFJ is "typically" $0.10-0.15 higher than the other retailers.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #75

hey Jack.....get your own rep...........just kidding of coarce
Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #76
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
We don't have a large RV motorhome. We RV with a 25' trailer....Would it be worth my time to sign up for a FJ RV card, or are they only for RV MH's..?? Usually I'll fill up once the gauge hits 1/4 or less....and a fill-up is only 20 gallons.... As we are wheeling down the freeway and getting near a fill-up, we'll start eyeing up exit prices posted on signs. Sometimes its a FJ, Pilot, TA or the many others.....
The RV card is for all RVs. It will give you a discount on fuel (gas or diesel) at the truck lanes, the RV lanes, and at the auto lanes. It will even work for your tow vehicle (or even the family car) when you're not towing. I think there is a 100 gal. per month limit for gasoline. Two cents per gal. X 100 gal. is only $2.00 a month, but IMO, it's worth having. There is also a discount for LP and $5 off the $10 dumping fee.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Think we scared her off?
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #78

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
The RV card is for all RVs. It will give you a discount on fuel (gas or diesel) at the truck lanes, the RV lanes, and at the auto lanes. It will even work for your tow vehicle (or even the family car) when you're not towing. I think there is a 100 gal. per month limit for gasoline. Two cents per gal. X 100 gal. is only $2.00 a month, but IMO, it's worth having. There is also a discount for LP and $5 off the $10 dumping fee.
Thanx PAZ.....

How do I sign up. Or do you think I should wait till they (Pilot & FJ) decide if with the merger they will offer a different RV type discount card....?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #79
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Think we scared her off?
Probably not... There really has not been any questions lately. Mostly complaints about price, hassle, etc. Nothing she can say about those things. Unfortunately, that is the way forums tend to go; valid questions and good answers at first and then it gets off topic and we hear about all the complainers....
Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Doubt she was intimidated She seems to be pretty sharp. My guess is she has the long Easter weekend off.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Summer- Lake Diefenbaker, SK; winter- Westbay Marine Village, Victoria, BC
I'm a Canadian, and my FJ card is a "RV Real Value Member" and it's burgundy in color, not orange. It took months to get this card a couple of years ago.

Is this card of no value? How do I get the "right" one?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #82

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits One View Post
This is exactly my point. Why do I need a card to get the discount? What is the point of that?

Doesn't everyone want the discount?

Are you because you believe some people want the discount but others would prefer to pay more?

Perhaps those people could have a "reverse discount" card so they could pay more than the full price.

That seems $confusing$ to me.
Well The "Get a card and get discounts" type of doing business is fairly common, I have discount cards for Kroger, By-Lo, Ingles, Big Lots, K-Mart and others... IN fact it's getting so I need a special card wallet just to hold all the cards (Actually I have a ring full of key tabs)

But that's how it's done.

As for why? Well in the case of Flying-J/Pilot pump discounts.. The actual discount you get is dependent on how much you spend on other than fuel... Spend enough on food, snacks (Thank you Jeff Daniels) Accessores.. Video or audio tapes/discs, Gifts and such in the store and the discount gets bigger.. The card is how they track how big a discount you get.. It also has a bunch of other info that is provided the store that can, in some cases, lower their cost of operation (I won't go into this as the cases are cases where you do something you should not and they have to track you down)

Finally, the pump has to have a way to know to charge you the lower rate,, I mean you could be some "Good old boy" Diesel pick up truck driver using the RV pumps cause that's where the diesel is pumped.

The card tells the pump "RVer"
Old 04-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #83
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Finally, the pump has to have a way to know to charge you the lower rate,, I mean you could be some "Good old boy" Diesel pick up truck driver using the RV pumps cause that's where the diesel is pumped.

The card tells the pump "RVer"
There is nothing stopping that "Good old boy" from getting a RV card for his truck. All he has to do is ask for it. I use my RV card for my diesel truck and also for my little 'definitely not an RV' Subaru....
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #84

Welcome, it's great to have someone from a well known company that we as RV's deal with fairly often. My comment, we jus completed a 4300 miles trip through the SE and eastern seaboard into PA. I stopped at FJ everytime we needed diesel and never had any issues at the RV island, getting my discount or any other issues to speak of. I will say some locations had folks behind the counter that needed a "friendly" lesson and a number of the locations were very understaffed which made things a bit slow. I just get positioned and go inside and prepay and hand them my FJ loyality card and CC. When I have previously tried other places that may be slightly cheaper, it never fails there is a issue getting in or out or some other problem that I don't care to deal with. Yes, it would be nice to swipe the cards and be done with it, but until that gets sorted out, I'll deal with it.
I have no problems getting in or out of the RV islands at 61' overall. Oh, some locations have removed their air hoses, that needs to be there.

Come on over to TRVN...
Closed Thread