Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Hi I'm Lynsay from Pilot Flying J

Hi Everyone,

There remains one and only one purpose to this thread. It is to help those who are having difficulty with the PFJ RV discount program(s). The best way to avoid disappointment is to familiarize yourself with the rules of the program you are using. Go to the links in this post or contact PFJ directly via telephone at 877-866-7378 or email PFJ at rv@pilotflyingj.com .

This edit is being authored on 11/22/12. There have been quite a few changes over the past year. The program is much simpler now and this post will be much shorter.

The Frequent Fueler Advantage Program is now the MyRewards program. There is also the RV Plus Card program. Frequent Fueler Advantage cards can still be used. One must follow the procedures for that program (different for truck vs. RV pumps and payment methods).

The current program is MyRewards and the RV Plus Card. MyRewards is available to all RVers. The RV Plus Card is available to Good Sam Members. For information on each program, go to http://pilotflyingj.com/rv-home .

No matter which program you use, There is one and only one way to determine if one receives the correct price one is entitled to, based on the program one is using.
1a. Notice the price, on the pump, before beginning the fueling process. This is the credit price (truck pump) or cash price (RV Pump).
1b. Insert your program card and follow the instructions on the screen.
1c. As you remove the fueling nozzle, notice the price at the pump. It should be the price you are entitled to based on the program you are using. If the price is not correct, do not fuel. The price at the pump will be the price you pay. Go into the store and speak to the manager to ensure you will pay the correct price, for the program you are using.
2. When fueling at the truck pumps, one must still go into the store for a receipt.
3. Which locations honor the RV discount programs? Go to the PFJ website at: http://pilotflyingj.com/assets/templ...VTG%202012.pdf . One can find a specific location or download or print the entire RV Travel Guide.
4. There are no limits on the amount of discounts one can earn.

Editorial Comment: I print the entire guide once a year. The guide goes into a binder with other suppliers of service information. The binder is a place where I know the locations for suppliers of service can be found. For me, it makes finding the information easier when on the road.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #2

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Hi I'm Lynsay from Pilot Flying J

Hello everyone - My name is Lynsay and I'm with Pilot Flying J. I am new to this forum and I am here to help answer any questions you all have regarding our RV Frequent Fueler Advantage program. I know many in the RV community were loyal patrons to Flying J before the merger with Pilot Travel Centers. We didn't realize at the time, but we made it difficult on RVers to use our facilities, and for that we are sincerely sorry. We have made lots of changes to the program after hearing from many of our customers and members of the RV community. As I said before, I'm here to help, so please reach out to me or let me know if you see forum threads that I should become part of to help decrease the hassle at the pump. Thank you all for letting me be part of your community.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First let me say welcome to the forum and thanks for the service.

I am one of those loyal users from the FJ side and have never had a complaint and I don't have any questions at this time. Will be using FJ this Sunday and if there is any problems I will let you know.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lynsay and thanks for offering to answer questions. There has been a lot of confusion as a result of the previous difficulties and then the series of changes as problems were fixed. Plus, the information on FrequentFuelerAdvantage.com seems to be out of date, e.g. it still has the 500 gallon requirement for Pump Start in the FAQ answers. And right now, the difference in procedure between the RV/Car islands and the truck islands is a further source of confusion or conflicting info circulating around.

For starters, you might want to review for us the procedure that FJ/Pilot recommends for obtaining discounts on both truck and RV islands, or provide links to existing info that already explains that.

Some questions I have seen repeatedly are:
1) Will my old FJ RV card still work?
2) How do I get a Frequent Fueler Advantage card?
3) What is "pump start" and do I need it?
4) Do I get a discount at Pilot stations now?

Please remember that some of us use the RV islands, while others with big rigs prefer to use the truck islands. Procedures and discounts differ, so try to address both and be clear about differences.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
Hello everyone - My name is Lynsay and I'm with Pilot Flying J. I am new to this forum and I am here to help answer any questions you all have [snip]....so please reach out to me or let me know if you see forum threads that I should become part of to help decrease the hassle at the pump.
There are several threads, if you search, that are based around the cost of fuel (diesel or gasoline) when it comes to using a Credit Card or debit card - and the increased cents/gallon or so for the privilege... on top of much higher fuel costs than others even using your "cash price". I, like many others, do not carry much cash with me when I'm traveling around and prefer the convenience of a check/debit card.

I love the Pilot/FlyingJ facilities but not enough to justify the additional fuel costs. Unfortunately your fuel prices are always 5-10 cents/gallon higher (cash price) and in some cases more than $0.20/gallon higher with your non-cash pricing than close neighboring conventional stations. To me $5.00-$10.00 more for every 100 gallons is worth driving an additional mile or so finding somewhere else to fuel up at. Over the course of a season that could be as much as $1000.00 in savings for me.

For example, the FlyingJ/Pilot at I-71 and State Route 36/37 here in Delaware Ohio has Diesel (as of this posting) for $4.17/gal cash, $4.23/gal credit. The Speedway that is located 1/4 mile down St. Rte 36/37 has ample room to turn a 53' tractor/trailer and is currently $4.09/gallon cash or credit. This just isn't in Ohio, I see this most everywhere I've been.

I use my SpeedyRewards card from Speedway. I alway have like 100,000 points racked up just from buying fuel. I am buying almost all my fuel using my $0.50/gallon off coupons for up to 25 gallons. Depending upon current pricing that can be as much as $10.00 to $15.00 worth of free fuel each time I fill up. Add that savings over your already inflated fuel pricing of $.05-$0.15 cents per gallon and it quickly becomes a no-brainer.

I understand some costs can be prevented by using your fueling card/club or whatever. However it still makes my cost per gallon much higher when Pilot/FlyingJ fuel prices are so high to start with.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome to the forum Lyndsay, I'm sure your insight and knowledge will be very useful to a lot of members. Thanks for putting yourself out there!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #7

Hi Linsay, welcome to the forum. I have a comment based on my last experience at a Pilot station in Ocala, Fl. My wife went to the station with our credit card and told the lady we wanted to fill up. The pump would only allow me to put in $100.00 worth of diesel. When I tried using thr phone for help none picked up to answer. My wife told the lady we needed more fuel and was told that's all we could get. If this the policy why state this at the pumps or put a sign out front that motor homes are not welcomed. By the way the station lost aan additional $200.00 in sales.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too am PO at flying J. There will have to be a lot of changes, before I will pull into a flying J/Pilot truck stop. For starters, how about trying to keep the islands a little cleaner. Some of us do drive motorhomes with carpet. And I do have to pull into the truck island to fuel-up. And likewise I do not carry a lot of cash with me when I'm traveling.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #9

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Hi Lynsay and thanks for offering to answer questions. There has been a lot of confusion as a result of the previous difficulties and then the series of changes as problems were fixed. Plus, the information on FrequentFuelerAdvantage.com seems to be out of date, e.g. it still has the 500 gallon requirement for Pump Start in the FAQ answers. And right now, the difference in procedure between the RV/Car islands and the truck islands is a further source of confusion or conflicting info circulating around.

For starters, you might want to review for us the procedure that FJ/Pilot recommends for obtaining discounts on both truck and RV islands, or provide links to existing info that already explains that.

Some questions I have seen repeatedly are:
1) Will my old FJ RV card still work?
2) How do I get a Frequent Fueler Advantage card?
3) What is "pump start" and do I need it?
4) Do I get a discount at Pilot stations now?

Please remember that some of us use the RV islands, while others with big rigs prefer to use the truck islands. Procedures and discounts differ, so try to address both and be clear about differences.
Hi Gary - I'm very happy to help answer these questions. So sorry for the confusion. To answer your questions...

1) You old FJ card will likely work. However, the first step is to ensure that it is registered - even if it was registered with Flying J previously, you do need to ensure it has been registered since Dec 15, 2010.

2) You do not need to get a new card unless your old card is no longer swiping after you have registered it.

3) Pump start is automatically turned on when you register your card. This is necessary to start the pumps at the truck lanes.

4) To get your discounts, follow the procedures below:

RV or Regular Auto Lanes:

Insert your credit/debit card first at the pump
(If prompted, enter your credit card billing zip code)
When prompted, insert your Frequent Fueler Advantage Card
Select grade of fuel (gas/diesel)
Pump Fuel
When finished fueling, hang up nozzle. Receipt will print at pump and discount details will be on receipt

Truck Diesel Lanes:

Insert only the loyalty card at the pump to enable “Pump Start”
Do not insert any other card such as a credit or debit card at the pump or the transaction will fail
Pump fuel
When finished fueling, hang up nozzle
Pull forward to clear lane so that others may fuel
Go inside and see cashier for payment
Even if paying with credit/debit card still receive cash price and $.03 discount
Discount details will not be printed on receipt but discount will be applied to total

Please let me know if you have anymore questions!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #10

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoung View Post
Hi Linsay, welcome to the forum. I have a comment based on my last experience at a Pilot station in Ocala, Fl. My wife went to the station with our credit card and told the lady we wanted to fill up. The pump would only allow me to put in $100.00 worth of diesel. When I tried using thr phone for help none picked up to answer. My wife told the lady we needed more fuel and was told that's all we could get. If this the policy why state this at the pumps or put a sign out front that motor homes are not welcomed. By the way the station lost aan additional $200.00 in sales.
Thank you for the welcome! I do have a few questions for you to help answer yours:
1) Do you have an RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card or an older Flying J RV card?
2) Which fueling lane did you pull up to? Auto, RV, or Truck?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #11

Commercial Member

Just to clarify on the pricing - if you carry a registered RV loyalty card with Pilot Flying J, you will receive the Cash price no matter what you pay with plus the $.03 off diesel and $.02 off gas.

Follow the procedures in my previous post to get your discount.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #12

Lynsay,
I have just registered my old FMCA card with the frequent fueler advantage program. My account says that Pump Start is "activated" and that my "gallons from goal" is 0. Does that mean I can use my card at the pump immediately or do I still need to purchase 500 gallons first?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #13

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
Linsay,
I have just registered my old FMCA card with the frequent fueler advantage program. My account says that Pump Start is "activated" and that my "gallons from goal" is 0. Does that mean I can use my card at the pump immediately or do I still need to purchase 500 gallons first?
You can use immediately. There is not longer a 500 gallon purchase requirement.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #14

I loved FJ but the change over has need very hard for me! I do not know from one stop to the other what will I get, some good most bad! I was told just go away RV's are a pain in truck lanes! I have a total of 65 ft and no RV ane will take my rig! Yes I paid now in greenback because this is the olny way I can always get the cash price! If you would like the names of the stops I have the most problem please email and I will do a data dump, JohnC

Closed Thread