Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2020, 06:06 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
75+ years old.

VA medical with Agent Orange complications including Prostate Cancer (radical surgery 2006).

Experimenting with VA Pharmacist on next control drug so taking daily pressure readings plus Glucose.

Now have my BP down to @145 - 60 -53 . But Glucose is up too high.

Basically, I am a normal guy who climbs ladders, mows yard, walks the dog and has a tasty scotch each evening.

Since my blood pressure is regarded as high, I feel the same each day. Not dizzy, but tired of washing dishes.

I may not be here tomorrow, but am trying to enjoy each day that I get.
I have the same basicly AO on the glucose and High blood preasure ( that may soon be a given if you have already prove the AO) Congress is telling the head of the va to get it done now. Won't help me as I am already 100%, but may help you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2020, 11:08 AM   #44

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
I have the same basicly AO on the glucose and High blood preasure ( that may soon be a given if you have already prove the AO) Congress is telling the head of the va to get it done now. Won't help me as I am already 100%, but may help you.
I can relate to a lot of what you stated and here is a good link for some agent Orange info http://war-stories.com also had a strange thing going on for two years. Before being rushed into the ER. seemed like once a month I would eat something to become very dizzy running to the bathroom and throwing up then pass out. Turned out to be my "Gallbladder." But Yes, meds and BP issues a little light-headed but all good and controlled with meds. I hate taking anything, but after years of fighting it, I'm doing better following what instructions I can and telling them hourly reading is stupid what do you need. So now I'm down to mornings and bedtime readings once every other month. Cut way down on my daily alcohol consumption to just one beer a month or two and it seems to work for me. It seems like 60- I went downhill and now, I feel level again, no more hot days camping. The smaller van is also for health issues and my wife's peace of mind. I stopped going to the VA years ago and pay for the BS myself and have never gone back. I told my wife when I go just flip me out in a VA parking lot with my ID and they will do the rest. Keep thinking Canada would have been nicer during the 60s. They all got to return back to the USA after the POLICE ACTION, we had in Southeast Azia we did bring back only 23-dogs and all others were destroyed. Okay, I'm starting to ramble. Maybe I should set and draw some pictures. Be safe and enjoy the adventure, peace.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote