Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 10:08 PM   #1

How bad is traveling I-10 to/from CA

Have to make a run to CA next week.....been quite awhile since we have driven I-10

Basiclly from Phoenix to Upland and back.

Is I-10 still bucking horse ride....driving the Truck in signature

Diesel Fuel IN CA pricing.
*Probably fill/top off this side in AZ

Anyone driven it lately?
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Not sure about I-10 but diesel is nearly $4.50 so yeah, fill up where the taxes are less. Oil is over $70/barrel so its going to be expensive everywhere, but definitely worse here.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:40 AM   #3

just drove i-10 into so cal a month or so back.

there is major construction around san gregonio pass as they seem to be widen i-10. there was other construction around indio. and yes, fuel prices are much higher in california. fill up at quartzsite or at the border before going into california!
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:30 PM   #4

Leave early and take a sedative. I-10 from Phoenix is only eclipsed in sociopathic behavior by the bona fide psychopaths returning penniless from Vegas on I-15.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:56 AM   #5

Make sure that you are in the right lane 5 miles before your exit or you will never get over in time. The OTR trucks are like circus elephants running 80 nose to tail.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:50 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
I-10, especially from the Az border in is pretty bad in the right lane, for about 60 miles or so. At some point in the past it was overlaid with more asphalt, and the overlay has come off in chunks, at irregular intervals, causing a bumpy ride. I tend to drive a bit off center to the right, and can avoid most of them
Old 09-26-2021, 10:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
Make sure that you are in the right lane 5 miles before your exit or you will never get over in time. The OTR trucks are like circus elephants running 80 nose to tail.
Lived in So Cal for 30 yrs
KNOW how to drive in that traffic....plus only going in truck not towing so I can out manuver all of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
I-10, especially from the Az border in is pretty bad in the right lane, for about 60 miles or so. At some point in the past it was overlaid with more asphalt, and the overlay has come off in chunks, at irregular intervals, causing a bumpy ride. I tend to drive a bit off center to the right, and can avoid most of them
Harry....
Thanks for the update
Seems NOTHING as changed since last time we went to CA back in 2014
Right Lane....I don't drive in right lane towing or not
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel