Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JayC:
HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?

12. 90% of Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While camping at Big Bend National Park last week, we were about 150 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart --- was kinda nice being the 10% minority! Of course the other things associated with civilization were far, far away, too

SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #16

Walmart is the second biggest employer in the US. The Post Office is the biggest.
Hogwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:39 AM   #17

Right, but the Post Office doesn't make a profit. All it does is ask for more money to run.

Lowes is now building food stores.
Are they the next Walmart to hate.

It makes us feel better when we all hate the same thing. There is strength in hate.

Let's see who we hate. Let us count them.

#1-We hate ourselves for letting all this get out of hand.

#2- See #1.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #18

If the Post Office does not make a profit then why does it give it's superivsors large bonuses?
Hogwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #19

Just my thoughts on things............

#1. Wal Mart provides services people want.

#2 Their prices are in the range of what people can or want to pay.

#3 The quality of the products is average

#4 Their return policies are exceptional and make people want to shop there since they get little to no hassle when returning goods.

#5 If you don't like any of the above along with their business practices, DON'T SHOP their stores

#6 If you look at the tactics of the unions and other labor organizations Wal Mart is better than they are. They at least employ those who others won't and meet all of the Federal Requirements while doing it. Their equal opportunity and ethnic mixes will meet or beat any other large corporation.

#7 Sam Walton stepped up to the plate and exercised his right to live the American Dream.

Tom Sauls
Tom Sauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #20

I really don't care for Wal-Mart. The stores I have been in were crowded. Took forever to get through a check out. There was a time when a Wal-Mart would open additional registers if more than three people were in line. (I may be wrong about the number of people, but I do recall the policy)

Did anyone notice that the company attitude changed, for the worse, after Sam Walton died?

Anyhow, me and my wife vote with our wallets. We spend very few dollars at Wal-Mart.
Marker365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #21

Agree

And thank you for your service to our country

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Sauls:
Just my thoughts on things............

#1. Wal Mart provides services people want.

#2 Their prices are in the range of what people can or want to pay.

#3 The quality of the products is average

#4 Their return policies are exceptional and make people want to shop there since they get little to no hassle when returning goods.

#5 If you don't like any of the above along with their business practices, DON'T SHOP their stores

#6 If you look at the tactics of the unions and other labor organizations Wal Mart is better than they are. They at least employ those who others won't and meet all of the Federal Requirements while doing it. Their equal opportunity and ethnic mixes will meet or beat any other large corporation.

#7 Sam Walton stepped up to the plate and exercised his right to live the American Dream. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #22

Joanie,

Thanks for your appreciation. I consider it my honor as well as a duty to serve.

The service has treated me well in my 31 years of combined service and it is the least I can do to give back to those who came before me.

Thanks again

Tom Sauls
Tom Sauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #23

Most definately have to agree with TOm on this one.
fisherman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #24

I remember when Sears and a company called General Motors were so big that they were forcing other companies out of business.
If wall Mart falls it will be because people stopped buying their product, if they get bigger its because people like the product, service and location. It should be a personal thing, if you like them shop, if you don't don't shop. As far as news reports are concerned I do not think that we have good news reporting, reporters are of a new generation who seem to let their personal feelings get in the way of just writing a article, give both sides and let the reader my up their own mine.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:59 AM   #25
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am not a fan of Walmart. That being said I remember that the Federal Government broke up Standard Oil & AT&T because it said they were to big and creating a monopoly. Can Walmart be far behind?

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #26

Dreamweaver,
I am with you a 100%. Besides being a convenient quick night layover,you also have a full service store to shop in, instead of 4 or 5.

Thanks Walmart
Ted
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I absolutely do not understand the rabid dislike of Wal-Mart. Most of the arguments against them I have read are based on mis-information, dis-information, a total lack of understanding of basic economics or some unreasonable base hatred.

No one is forced to buy there and no one is forced to work there. As to their sales/hour I can only say SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Take a look at their investment (BTW, these same points work on the rather idiotic hatred of Mobile Oil, too). Then look at the return on investment (ROI). I venture a guess that taxes account for more of the purchase price of items than does profit. (I know that to be the case with Mobile).

I have never heard of someone being enslaved to W-M. In fact I have yet to talk to a W-M employee that was unhappy. A fellow I used to work with is now a greeter. He is more than pleased with W-M and his job. He was making more than $100,000 at his former job. I doubt he makes that now but he enjoys the work.

As far as W-M displacing homes and workers...balderdash, poppycock and tripe!

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lynnvt:
We have so much junk, people can't fit it in their houses so they have to rent off site storage units. More Walmarts, K-Marts, Targets, etc. means more junk to buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Lynnvt, but then that produces jobs for people like me (I work for Uncle Bob's Self Storage) and my daughter (she works for Wal-Mart). We are both very happy with our jobs and our companies.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote