Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #15

Under the bathroom sink. 4 packs usually.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #16

Maybe a diet change?.......no storage problem with leaves....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
I store ours under the sink...we have a typical bowl and I found I can stack six rolls on top of each other under the sink around the bowl...
Old 07-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Maybe a diet change?.......no storage problem with leaves....
I'm still cringin' from Durango Dave's post #4...I hope he kept his finger nails short!!!!!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
We just put a four pack under the sink.
Ditto here.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
wow nice bathroom.... i wish i had wood paneling in mine... looks nice.

. I spent my days in the Army relying on a single square, that time has passed lol
That's why I enlisted in the Air Force, you could use all you wanted to.

Glenn
Old 07-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Man I'm feeling lucky! 19 rolls under the sink in ours. Some areas I can get 3 tall, others only 2.
MTSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #22

With IBS I'd have to have a trailer truck full of TP follow me.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Noticing some people purchase household type toilet paper. RV Manufacturers recommend the special type for RV's. Breaks down easier and less prone to internal problems with the black tank and valves.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
Noticing some people purchase household type toilet paper. RV Manufacturers recommend the special type for RV's. Breaks down easier and less prone to internal problems with the black tank and valves.
A lot of threads have covered that subject and many of us have determined that most TP is ok in RV systems. If it says septic system use ok , it should be ok. The majority of us have done the water breakdown test. Put the paper in a jar of water, shake it. The paper should break down in short order.

Glenn
Glenn and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
A lot of threads have covered that subject and many of us have determined that most TP is ok in RV systems. If it says septic system use ok , it should be ok. The majority of us have done the water breakdown test. Put the paper in a jar of water, shake it. The paper should break down in short order.

Glenn
That's one of those things you'll find in time is more of a money maker for those who sell the stuff than to those who use it, just like all the chemicals available for the black water holding tanks.

In time you will discover alternatives that are less costly, and commonly used for more than one purpose. Discussion for another thread....

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:13 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
I did look at that, the main issue is that the plywood on mine is so thin that any thing stronger and it will break. I already had to put some support braces on the underside of it because with just the mattres it flexed so much i thought it would surely break for sure. Stronger shocks would just crack if for sure.
This is a easy fix, raise your bed, measure the inside of the sides, side to side, front to back, and take those measurements out side and cut a sheet of 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", (what ever you have or can get, up to you the thickness), the thicker the more sturdy, and a tube of liquid nails, and some drywall screws.
Mount the new piece of plywood to the underside after gluing, and hold it in place with the drywall screw's drilled from the mattress side down thru the new piece! Then all you have to do is replace the gas struts with the heavy duty ones that will support the added weight!
I had to do that to my old MH so we could use the under bed storage, and after I was done, the new struts were too strong, and we would find the bed in the up position, , when we stopped after our first trip! (Bigger is better, mentality) But after adding a topper, it was perfect! I used a bathroom scale to weigh the bed and mattress after I was done, and divided by 2, and bought the strut's! I put the scale under the bed, and used a 4/4 piece the right length, and subtracted it's weight (the 4/4) so I could determine what struts to buy!
The new struts mounted to the new thickness is very solid, and if the side boards are to thin you can take a 1/4" and fix it to the side board in the same way, before mounting the strut!
Or you could just replace the whole base for your mattress to a thicker one too! Up to you!
Also, you can get a paper towel holder, the kind that sits on the counter with the stick sticking up, and set it in the corner, out of the way, and slide two or three rolls on that, and they will be handy, and restock as needed! Rail!
Old 07-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post
That's one of those things you'll find in time is more of a money maker for those who sell the stuff than to those who use it, just like all the chemicals available for the black water holding tanks.

In time you will discover alternatives that are less costly, and commonly used for more than one purpose. Discussion for another thread....

DTW
Dan and Loretta...
Very wise words for sure...a short story...

Years ago I went to a Bass Fishing Seminar and a tall lanky Texan strode up the center aisle of the arena to begin his talk and here's how he started it... "Good afternoon Ya'll... The first thing I want you to know about Bass Fishing and equipment is this... THERE'S A LOT MORE STUFF IN THIS HERE ARENA TODAY THAT'LL CATCH FISHERMEN THAN'LL CATCH FISH"!!!

The arena erupted in applause and laughter for minutes...AND...I NEVER EVERY FORGOT THAT MOMENT!!!

It's not about the money, just the amount!!!

How true...JMHO

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #28

Thanks guardrail53
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote