Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is a town on FL 17 just east of US 27 called Frostproof. It has the name for a reason.

So south of Frostproof is good. Just south of Tampa on the west coast and about Vero Beach on the east.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
I guess everybody has different requirements. It's too buggy for me in places where it never freezes. I think the Texas Hill Country is a perfect combination for winter. It rarely gets below 25 and even more rarely does it ever stay below freezing through the day. some winters, it barely gets below 32. There are many many days with lows in the 40's and 50'5. Not so great for summer though.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Hammer View Post
I spent the last winter in Myrtle Beach.. a bit cold. and snowed once.

and water in supply lines and hoses froze several times.

but it was better then Home, Cleveland Ohio.
HHMmmm ~ I grew up about 1 hour east of you. Looked for a place it never or rarely snowed and found the SE coast of NC fit the requirement. Retired at 55 in '03 and moved. Now I see the EARLY snowbirds arriving from 'up thar' as I'm in FL when the rest of them arrive.
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #32

Sabastian Florida is the area for us. I find the RV parks are priced reasonable especially the mobile home parks. Temps in Jan-Feb never dropped below 58 at night. Also close to major stores including Walmart, Home Depot - walking distance. Close to the warm beaches and cheap restaurants that put out the best biscuits and sausage gravy! Below West Palm Beach the RV parks will run you 700-900 a month plus electricity and crowded!

We are stuck here in Tombstone AZ till spring and I'm told here at 4500 ft elevation, we can expect snow and 17 -27 degree temps at night. BURRR!
Old 10-06-2016, 05:55 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
There is a town on FL 17 just east of US 27 called Frostproof. It has the name for a reason.

So south of Frostproof is good. Just south of Tampa on the west coast and about Vero Beach on the east.
Frostproof FL has had record lows in the TEENS ! Orange groves used to be north of Orlando too...but no more.
If you don't want to be cold, gotta be south of Naples. Thats why the costs are not the same as else where...as mention here.

Intellicast - Frostproof Historic Weather Averages in Florida (33843)
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:00 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
I guess everybody has different requirements. It's too buggy for me in places where it never freezes. I think the Texas Hill Country is a perfect combination for winter. It rarely gets below 25 and even more rarely does it ever stay below freezing through the day. some winters, it barely gets below 32. There are many many days with lows in the 40's and 50'5. Not so great for summer though.
Guess you've never been to AK in the summer.....
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:12 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Frostproof FL has had record lows in the TEENS ! Orange groves used to be north of Orlando too...but no more.
If you don't want to be cold, gotta be south of Naples. Thats why the costs are not the same as else where...as mention here.

Intellicast - Frostproof Historic Weather Averages in Florida (33843)
Naples has had a low of 28* as well. These only last for one day and by noon the temps are in the 50's or higher.

Intellicast - Naples Historic Weather Averages in Florida (34102)

I lived in Sarasota for ten years and worked in Tampa. The temps were always 5 to six degrees higher in Sarasota during the winter.

i now winter in Port Saint Lucie FL and I'm that far south for a reason.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
i now winter in Port Saint Lucie FL and I'm that far south for a reason.
My MIL has a place in Stuart right next door to you. Very nice area. Federal HWY does get kind of crazy in the afternoon though.

Are you in a CG in PSL? We stop for a week or two on the the way to and from the Keys to visit and usually stay at Johnathan Dickinson SP in Hobe Sound or St. Lucie south in Stuart if we can get a reservation.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
My MIL has a place in Stuart right next door to you. Very nice area. Federal HWY does get kind of crazy in the afternoon though.

Are you in a CG in PSL? We stop for a week or two on the the way to and from the Keys to visit and usually stay at Johnathan Dickinson SP in Hobe Sound or St. Lucie south in Stuart if we can get a reservation.
I love JDSP. We've stayed there many times. This winter we're staying in Ft Pierce at Treasure Coast RV park http://www.treasurecoastrv.com .

We've stayed at Lion Country Safari KOA, in Loxahatchee (just west of West Palm Beach) for a month at a time. http://koa.com/campgrounds/west-palm-beach/ Very interesting place if you like waking up to the roar of lions!
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:27 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The snow shovel/snow blower idea is cute, but it won't work.

We winter in central Florida. Everyone here will know what those are as everyone here is escaping from up there.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #39

As the news this week shows, it's not just the discomfort of cold weather you need to avoid. Maybe "south then west" is a better idea.

We're in the balmy part of NW Washington state, just 50 straight-line miles from the Canadian border on the only San Juan Island accessible by road. We haven't had any snow for the last 5 winters and hurricanes are unheard of. Overnight low temps are almost always in the mid to upper 30s, even in January. The 3-months of dull, overcast skies and drizzle every day can get on your nerves a bit, but steady rain for 24 hours only gives us about a half inch.

We have had one minor earthquake in the 17 years we've lived in Anacortes. We don't need to flee anywhere - (Mod Edit)
Old 10-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Guess you've never been to AK in the summer.....
In the summer and the winter. I lived in Anchorage in the 70's. You are right, it is buggy.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Just N of Melbourne

Watching the weather channel tonight and hoping our motorhome will be OK. We have a lot in Casa Loma Estates Just W. of US 1 off the end of Pineda Causeway and left the coach there over the summer.

Of course if it was here I'd be worried about the 32 degree temps tonite. But at least I could do something about that.
PsySciGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:24 PM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
We are in PSL Motor Coach Resort.

Bienvenue au Motorcoach Resort St-Lucie West, terrain luxueux pour motorisés | Motorcoach Resort St-Lucie West

Directly across the street from the NY Mets winter training facility.

Rentals are available.

Tags
winter