Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #15

The pictures are not from Las Vegas, looks like Indio. We have two lots, next to each other at Outdoor Resorts in Vegas and we love it. It's something you should really experience first hand. It's my personal opinion the demand is only going to increase for RV lots especially in places like Vegas and Florida where RV parks are being sold for other uses and demand is high. We'll probably purchase another lot in Florida sometime next year. While your motor home is depreciating at least you have something that is appreciating.

If you are interested in purchasing a lot I would make one recommendation. I think the thing that is most attractive about RV living is the people. Some resorts have a reputation for being snooty, for lack of a better word, and some resorts are very friendly. I know several people who have sold their lots at very attractive resorts because the people were not friendly.

If you have a class A motor home you really should check out Outdoor Resorts. The beauty is more that skin deep.

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40' 4 slide
2005 BMW K1200LT on lift
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #16

Jayco Owners Club
33 41 54N 116 15 35W

Copy and paste the above coordinates into Google Earth. I think I recognized the clouds in that last picture.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #17

So it's in or near Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage and/or Palm Desert???

If so, that rules it out for yours truly.

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Me thinks Mr. Kelly has indeed been to Motorcoach Country Club in Indio, Ca. His coordinates takes you to less than 30 yards from where that last picture was taken.

If you go HERE, you can see the two lots I posted pictures of. The undeveloped lot is lot #198. It is listed for $595,000.

The lot that is developed-but maybe needs a bit of cleanup is on the opposite side of the development. It is lot #71 and it is listed for just under $550,000. ...It makes lot #164 sound like a bargain for $359,900. (If you are interested in that particular lot - PM me...I can pass that directly on to the owner!)

We did have a GREAT time...met some great people (including Rufinit & his wife) ...although the drive home was AWFUL! The wind decided to come in a day early, so SacsTC fought it for 10 hours. It was really bad by Indio-Palm Springs heading west on I-10 and then again near the grapevine-but the wind was constant the whole time (UGH)

Here is a picture of our rig and one of our 'neighbors' sitting out fron of their Diplomat. It is PURE coincidence that they have the same paint job - just different floor plan!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:44 AM   #19

Jayco Owners Club
You dropped some big hints in your other posts. I've never been to CA in an RV. I thought Str8Shooter estimate was amazing. I agree with Vegascpl about the variety of people.

Very nice place and the search was fun. Please do another one.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
What is the nightly rate under Passport America? Can I stay there in my converted 20 year old school bus? Talk about blatent excess.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bdpreece:
...Can I stay there in my converted 20 year old school bus?... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure you can! Just for the length of time it takes for them to sic the guard dogs on you! And I bet they have some "toy cops" there too!... in golf carts!

I'll take a State Park or National Forest anyday! But it's a matter of personal preferrance. I also seen a lot of highly rated (or over rated) RV parks that looked more like you were camping in Wal-Mart's parking lot... and golf just doesn't "do it" for me. But the types of people who stay there don't stay in Public campgrounds... which is good for those of us that do.
How come they have miniature trees? Is that so everyone can see your expensive RV?
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #22
Retired Senior Member

Yep, I gotta agree with Lorna here. I'll take the twenty-bucks-a-night state park resort myself. Hey, not because I don't have $585,000 laying around, but just , you know.......$585,000.00!!!!!
Holy Cow Batman!

Looking at the picture of several rigs side-by-side, those are darned narrow slots for that kind of bread! Tell ya what, if anyone here is really interested, I'll get ya a 20-acre lot with full hookup, view of a real Mississippi creek, boat dock access (for toy boats) and a huntin' an fishin' permit, free use of a four-wheeler and weekly tick-dip for your dogs for a measly $499,998.27.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #23

I visited 2 Outdoor Resorts on my last trip to Florida. Nighty rates were about $45.

Lots in Hilton Head, SC were selling for about $75-100K+.

We also visited the Outdoor Resorts in NC, west of Asheville. New lots were $119K; improved lots were $200K+.

No, we did not buy.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Well, that is very lovely! Even I find it hard to imagine paying that much for an RV lot. My idea of investment, though, includes buying the RV Park(s), not "a lot". With ownership comes control. I would like to stay there at some point, though, because it does look beautiful. We travel through that part of California quite often on the way to Trials Motorcycle competitions, and I have wondered about that park. When we had a few extra days in Napa Valley, I really wanted to find an upscale park, because most of our travels are literally in the middle of nowhere for these Motorcycle events, (or should I say the middle of Wyoming, or the middle of Colorado, or the middle of New Mexico, or the east side of Texas, or Northern California... boondocking). Anywhooooo, the only luxury RV park we could find anywhere along the way was Indio (this one), and it was nowhere near any of our planned stops.

By the way, we are RV park owners, and we are not opposed to spending a night at a Walmart or a Flying J, if we just want a place to stop and sleep and be on our way. God knows, we spend enough money at each of those companies, but if we're pulling in after a 10 hour driving day, only to pop in a movie, eat dinner, sleep, and pull out at 7:00 am, then it's as good (and probably as safe) as anywhere. I don't know why so many people have an issue with RV's parking overnight at Walmart. And why don't the travel plazas (like Flying J) get blasted as much? We like the middle of nowhere, we like very upscale sometimes, and we like getting there. It's all good, I say, as long as you have good company!

Glad you had fun there! It is beautiful!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
BSavage...
I agree with you...I don't have that type of extra money to throw around...but every once in awhile it is nice to stay in a park as quiet and peacful as the "Country Club" was...and what better time to stay there when it is FREE (which is THE ONLY reason why we went there!)
I think you would qualify to stay there or at the Las Vegas one if you like.(combine them if you want..before July 15th)
I don't have a problem with Walmarts either. I actually look out at everyone pulling into the Walmart in Woodland, Ca and get ENVIOUS...I am at work in my office and these danged people are in their RVs!! Oh well .. PLEASE anyone who stops in the Walmart in Woodland CA ... please give a LOOOOONG horn blast or come on over and look for the envious looking face!!
BTW.. PM us when you will be in No Cal for a motorcycle event!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Monoca Mama, sorry I haven't checked in in a while! Actually, we are getting married in Napa Valley in October (staying at the Calistoga Fair Grounds), followed by a motorcycle competition in Hollister Hills. Also have one at Donner Ski Ranch weekend of July 14 - 15. Are you anywhere near any of those locations?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
p.s. Thank you for the link to the certificate... we go through Las Vegas on the way home from Donner, we go through Indio on the way to everywhere! Might have to check it out! Wooo hooo!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
p.s.s. Oh! I just mapquested you and you're just northeast of Napa! Maybe we could find time to meet!