Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post

Our pool is about 2 to 3 inches from over flowing .... I guess that I'm not going to have to fill our bathtub!
I'd still fill the tub, you could end up with some dead animal or something else in your pool that would make you not want to use that water at all.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to BlauMax
Glad to hear you didn't suffer any serious issues. You are close enough to the coast to have been a vet of any number of them twisters. Maybe once it hits Nags it'll spin back out to sea.. We can hope....
Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
My son and grandson just went down to the beach to check out the remnants of Irene off of the Grand Strand.

Does this look like a Hurricane has been here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tim & Aidan.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	13321  
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to BlauMax
Don't know.. don't see any thumbnails.. guess they are there.. but my 'puter has been unbelievably sloooooow for the past two days. Provider is sending a new modeyum. While this one is 'bout 10 or so yrs old.. I think it's more than that.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer
My son and grandson just went down to the beach to check out the remnants of Irene off of the Grand Strand.

Does this look like a Hurricane has been here?
Sitting here in Virginia waiting for Irene to hit us.. Steady rain most of the day with not much wind yet..gusts about 10-15 periodically.
Yondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Huricane irene

Here in Babylon Long Island, winds are 10-15 mph, and rain off-on since noon. Eye expects to cross the island around noon tomorrow (Sunday). Last cat 1 to hit here was Gloria. No electric for 12 days. Prepared now with 38' in drieway with 80 gallons of fresh water!! Gloria desimated the south shore. Trees cut emergency access along with tearing down power, phone and cable lines. Last time power was lost, was checking TV in RV and county ex was on. Always wondered who he thought was talking to as there was no power anywhere on Long Island??
Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
For communications, you need to get to know a friendly ham radio operator. Most have some sort of emergency power set up and will be able to communicate.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #22

We live in southern CT several hundred yards from Long Island Sound. The marsh wraps around the side of our neighborhood so flooding during the storm surge is possible. We took the RV, dogs and car inland about 10 miles earlier today when evacuation was recommended. Many neighbors were planning on staying in spite of predicted 4' to 8' storm surge during high tide tomorrow morning. The news media are now saying evacuations are mandatory, not sure if the neighbors will leave. The old timers feel that if the surge is less than 6' we should be "OK", above that, the house could get flooded. Raining now, but not windy at all . . . we'll see what tomorrow will bring???
Old 08-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Still waiting here, the rain has been heavy at times but not much wind yet. Looks like a direct hit here but Long Island should slow it down a bit.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
Don't know.. don't see any thumbnails.. guess they are there.. but my 'puter has been unbelievably sloooooow for the past two days. Provider is sending a new modeyum. While this one is 'bout 10 or so yrs old.. I think it's more than that.
I don't think it's your computer, mine has been very bad the last two days also. The overall system (web) is probably being overloaded. (or maybe it is just a west coast thing)
pkmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver;
Glad you and yours came through ok!
pkmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmesser View Post
Driver;
Glad you and yours came through ok!
Yes we are very glad too! As you can see we have a lot invested here and we're very proud of our South Carolina born grandson.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #27

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We are still having wind gust and pouring rain,power went out at 5 a.m. this morning,heard that 98% of our county is without power and with a lot of trees down no telling when we will get it back. We lost 3 big pines in the back yard,have some damage to the garage,out building and the rv shelter. Thank goodness the rv is up between the house and detached garage and so far it and the house seem to be ok. Its still raining too hard to get out for a through check over. Anyone need any nice fresh pine wood,come and get it!
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #28
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ya'll stay safe, please.

With the huge amount of people just sitting home, I'm not surprised that the circuits, both telephone and internet are clogged. Happens around here also.

Here in Texas, mandatory evacuation means they will not send any help should things come to worse so don't expect being rescued. The cannot force anyone to leave their homes. I'm no idiot, I leave 72 hours before landfall, mandatory or not.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane