Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Winter is only 3 days old and I hate it already. Wisconsin has set new December records for snow fall and cold temperatures. The forecast today is for 4" and tomorrow 4" more. Will it ever end? I am not buying into the global warming issue.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Winter is only 3 days old and I hate it already. Wisconsin has set new December records for snow fall and cold temperatures. The forecast today is for 4" and tomorrow 4" more. Will it ever end? I am not buying into the global warming issue.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:34 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
May I suggest you come south like half of the country. Here in NC it is 34 today but tomorrow it will be 55 then 66.
Corvette Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Don, Welcome to South Carolina! Temperature at the moment 45 degrees. Tomorrow and going into Christmas the temps here are expected to be in the Seventies.

I will be sitting in our Carolina Room on Christmas Day in shorts and a T-Shirt.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #5

Don...Like you, I'm stuck here in the midwest also and tired of cold and snow as well. I'm wearing out my snow blower and don't no how I am going to make it three more months. Even my MH seems to have a grim face parked next to the garage all covered with snow. Its to early to say think spring, so I'll just spend alot of time each day on IRV2 and keep the snow blower gassed up. Hang in there.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just wish that all of you folks up North (we call you Yankees) would stop sending the cold air down to Texas.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
I'm in Las Vegas... We've had record snow fall.. and it's freezing cold!!!

Sure there's global warming... but what they're not telling you is... back in the 50's and 60's when they were testing all those nuc's, they kinda knocked the earth off it's axis a little bit. So while the earth is warming up... the north pole is shifting and guess where the new poler ice cap will be?
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #8

Don,
I am with you, being only a few miles down the road in Greenville I am tired of using the blower every other day. My MH is staying dry and warm in the shop for repairs. Has been there since early Nov and who knows how much longer. All I can say, good thing there is still Jack Danials!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #9

Have I told you just how much I hate snow and cold weather??????????

We've had 0 to 10 weather for the last 10 days and snow and more snow and more snow. I went out today to start the motorhome and I had to coax it along, but the diesel is purring as we speak. I'll be starting it every day until after the 1st of the year and we can get out of this cold weather and head south.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petro:

Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm right there with ya! We got 4' in 2 days, 2 days later 8", and tomorrow they are saying another 1-2 feet.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #11

Chuck-
I sure hope your rig is winterized! I haven't seen that much snow in the past two winters combined here on the eastern side of Afton Mountain in Virginia.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #12

Don I am with you. Even here in Atlanta, the last two days -- the mornings have been below freezing -- Monday morning was in single digits. Last week I was in Montecello, NY -- had snow and freezing rain. The week before I was in Minneapolis and the high for the week was 17. Guess I brought it home to the South. Wish I could send it back.

Have not been able to get into the chat room the last three weeks -- still trying to figure out what has changed. Anyway

Wish you and Bev a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year !!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David K:
Have not been able to get into the chat room the last three weeks -- still trying to figure out what has changed. ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Download the latest FLASH Player from Here. Look to the right for the rectangular Get Adobe Flash Player.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's been way down in the 30s for two whole nights in a row. Time for some Spring (not Summer) weather.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote