Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2016, 05:16 PM   #1

I must be a magnet for fruit cakes

Pulled into a fuel station and parked close to the car at the pump just ahead of me thinking they would get done fueling and be out of there before I even got half way done putting in 70 gallons. A cute young female looked up from attending to her gas filling duties and looked like she saw a ghost. Her look was one of pure shock. I exited my coach and strolled around to the drivers side to fill my coach when she came running over to me saying "oh I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I guess I'm in your way". I told her not to worry about it as she was obviously finished refueling. Then she looked at my pump and saw the dollar amounts flashing be and asked how much it cost to fill up. I told her this fill up would be around $150. She about screamed "one hundred and fifty dollars??? I about wet my panties when I put in $21 in my old car!"

I was watching her drive off talking to herself when a older man approached me from behind me. I felt his presence and spun around. I swear he was holding a taser gun and was pointing it right at me! I about wet my underwear when he said in a loud voice "you need to get one of these things. They can check your tires and tell how hot they are in an instant.". I have two of them. Want to buy one from me?" That is when I saw he was holding a infrared thermometer pointing it at directly at me!" I declined and quickly finished up and "got out of Dodge" as they say.

Driving the next day my coach decided she was hungry once again, and I took a chance at another fueling station. This time a guy walked up to me carrying a 5 gallon gas container begging for gas to get home to his kids! I told him I was filling up with diesel and he suddenly shouted "You are going to be in big trouble when diesel prices go up to $50 per gallon like it says in the Bible"! I said "are you sure?" and he responded "Yes for sure since the Bible says so" Then he went on to say "and all the dirt will turn into water and everyone will be living in boats. It says that in the bible also"!

Is it just me, or are there actually a lot of nuttier than fruit cake types out there??? Three of them in two days is a bit too much for me.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2016, 05:29 PM   #2

Have you made it out of San Francisco yet?
Old 07-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Pulled into a fuel station and parked close to the car at the pump just ahead of me thinking they would get done fueling and be out of there before I even got half way done putting in 70 gallons. A cute young female looked up from attending to her gas filling duties and looked like she saw a ghost. Her look was one of pure shock. I exited my coach and strolled around to the drivers side to fill my coach when she came running over to me saying "oh I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I guess I'm in your way". I told her not to worry about it as she was obviously finished refueling. Then she looked at my pump and saw the dollar amounts flashing be and asked how much it cost to fill up. I told her this fill up would be around $150. She about screamed "one hundred and fifty dollars??? I about wet my panties when I put in $21 in my old car!"

I was watching her drive off talking to herself when a older man approached me from behind me. I felt his presence and spun around. I swear he was holding a taser gun and was pointing it right at me! I about wet my underwear when he said in a loud voice "you need to get one of these things. They can check your tires and tell how hot they are in an instant.". I have two of them. Want to buy one from me?" That is when I saw he was holding a infrared thermometer pointing it at directly at me!" I declined and quickly finished up and "got out of Dodge" as they say.

Driving the next day my coach decided she was hungry once again, and I took a chance at another fueling station. This time a guy walked up to me carrying a 5 gallon gas container begging for gas to get home to his kids! I told him I was filling up with diesel and he suddenly shouted "You are going to be in big trouble when diesel prices go up to $50 per gallon like it says in the Bible"! I said "are you sure?" and he responded "Yes for sure since the Bible says so" Then he went on to say "and all the dirt will turn into water and everyone will be living in boats. It says that in the bible also"!

Is it just me, or are there actually a lot of nuttier than fruit cake types out there??? Three of them in two days is a bit too much for me.
I wonder about that myself,is it the way we look or do we give off some kind of crazy animal scent that they pick up on?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Drugs. Too many of the wrong kind. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #5

Funny. They seem to be thicker on full moons. Lol
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin View Post
Have you made it out of San Francisco yet?
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #7

I don't have that issue.

I'm 6'2" 300# gray hair cut real short with a gray goatee.......the crazies start to approach and I just given them that "Oh no you don't look"
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
The gene pool gets nuttier every day!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:44 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I get the gas can deal pretty regularly.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:10 AM   #10

I always thought it was just me. I don't even want to say Hi anymore at campgrounds let alone fueling up at stations along interstates where every nutcase in the world pulls in.

When camping and sitting outside, I try to sit where I'm not easily seen. Unless they have a dog with them I pretty much stay to myself.

I deal with the public all day for my job. When I'm camping I want to detox from humanity.
Rolfsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:59 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfsted View Post
I always thought it was just me. I don't even want to say Hi anymore at campgrounds let alone fueling up at stations along interstates where every nutcase in the world pulls in.

When camping and sitting outside, I try to sit where I'm not easily seen. Unless they have a dog with them I pretty much stay to myself.

I deal with the public all day for my job. When I'm camping I want to detox from humanity.
I have requested it be carved into my stone, "ALL I EVER WANTED WAS TO BE LEFT ALONE".
Old 07-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I get the gas can deal pretty regularly.
I wonder how many times he pulls this "I just need a little gas" trick especially since he was actually carrying a plastic can with him.

Funny part of the story I didn't relate in my original post was part way through his lecture on the Bible, he slipped up and said "come on man, all I need is a little gas to get to work, they won't pay me if I don't show up don't you know". (Now there is a world shaking revelation if I ever heard of one!) I said "I thought you wanted to get home to your kids?" He realized his slip-up and said "well yea after I get finished work".
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I wonder how many times he pulls this "I just need a little gas" trick especially since he was actually carrying a plastic can with him.

Funny part of the story I didn't relate in my original post was part way through his lecture on the Bible, he slipped up and said "come on man, all I need is a little gas to get to work, they won't pay me if I don't show up don't you know". (Now there is a world shaking revelation if I ever heard of one!) I said "I thought you wanted to get home to your kids?" He realized his slip-up and said "well yea after I get finished work".
LOL, sheesh man.

I used to get the "I'll polish your wheels for $20 dollars" a lot.
No thanks!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #14

This is why I like a nice Flying J with RV lanes, that is until some #$%^ in a car parks in one to go get dinner.