Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #15

Jayco Owners Club
The flower children have grown up, they've been elected to political office.

The good people are working, trying to make ends meet and don't have time to be in politics.

Not good.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #16

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
-- Thomas Paine
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #17

I will try again.

He who dares not to offend cannot be honest.
-- Thomas Paine
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #18

I have good news for all of you. We are in Mexico for the next few weeks. As a result of your shouting there is a massive build up of Border Patrol agents. You can all rest easy as we are borrowing few billion for more agents. It seems to be a bit like our War On Drugs, but it is affecting the work force as farmers and contractors are having difficulty getting workers. So it may not be very effective but it is working.

I understand that the Mexicans are also getting prepared to supply us even more of our food as American farms go bankrupt because they have no labor to pick their crops and start selling off their land for housing developments. It will soon be like oil where we depend on foreign sources for food. It will cost us a lot more for food, but then again we won't have any need to learn a second language.

A lot of Americans are buying property here in Mexico which is driving up prices dramatically. Condos here go for $400,000 to $600,000 with upper floor large 1400 square foot units going for 1.3 million.

There is massive investment in Mexico these days from the US. I just want to tell you not to worry. One day Mexico, China and the Saudi's will have all of our money and we'll owe them a huge debt as we have borrowed huge amounts of money for our wars. The question then might be which language they will require us to speak?

The way it looks you are pretty much getting what you are asking for. Now the question is are you going to like it once you have it?
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #19

Stop the free rides like 2nd and 3rd generation
welfare this has become a way of life for many, there are plenty of workers here just make them work.When I was growing up no work no food,my father & uncle shared a job so all could eat, we all worked and none of us are any the worst off for this it did't kill us. We are all immigrants "unless you are an American Indian" but our fore father's came here the right way legal. I am not anti-immigrant only anti-illegal and I think most Americans feel the same way! They just had a raid on a factory in MA and detained over 300 illegal's is this right? There are plenty of workers right here now.

www.gsowners.com/
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #20

The most important thing I saw on this thread VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. Get out and vote, it does make a difference. Fly the Flag everyday. Remember FREEDOM COMES AT AN AWFUL PRICE. Support your troops,God Bless America, The Bible, the Ten Commandments.
No such thing as a free ride, somebody has to pay.
Bill
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If we all don't wake up soon and start paying attention and speaking up IN ENGLISH we are going to loose what is know to us as this Great Country!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is already too late for that in many parts of Texas. English is hardly spoken. As far north as the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, one is hard pressed to find any service that comes to you house where the workers speak any English. I had Verizon fiber optic service installed and the two technicians who hooked it were native English speakers but there was no way to communicate with the rest of the crew in English. Try to order fast food in a restaurant here and listen to the communications among the workers.

The political power of the non-English speaking group has grown so strong (because there are so many) that the politicians aren't going to do anything to offend them.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:27 AM   #22

I have the solution to illegal immigration but of course it will not happen due to our gutless politicians. Give the National Guard some authority, some Guards are now on the border but have no authority. Give them the authority to do whatever is necessary to turn back illegals, including using their firearms. Then for those already here illegally, stop all welfare, jail CEOs who employ illegals as well as impose heavy fines for any company that hires illegals. If there is no work and no welfare for them, they will stay home. Perhaps this sounds harsh and heartless but immigrants are taking over our country. What with liberals, ACLU, news media, etc., there is little hope for this great country.
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Some people seem to think that if it wasn't for the illegals than there would be no one to do the less attractive jobs, there is some truth to that. But......

I have witnessed more people, who are "able" to work, turn down jobs because it is easier to get State assistance or they won't take a job because there is a random drug screening program at that business. It is too simple not to work and survive.

People on State assistance should be subject to random drug screening. Assistance should only be a temporary fix and I understand that some people/families fall on hard times and the programs help them through it. There are far too many who just use the system.

I know a family. The husband is in his early thirties and they have 5 children. He works for Wal-Mart (this is not a bash on Wal-Mart) in one of their warehouses. He makes over $18.00 an hour but only works 3 days a week so he can stay on the Oregon Health Plan. He has the opportunity to work full time and receive health benefits from Wal-Mart. He chooses not to because he would have to contribute to the health benefits and he doesn't want to work that hard anyway. What a crock!

The Government makes it too easy not to work hard. Some say "People can't live on minimum wage jobs", but the way it works is you start out young at minimum wage and educate yourself through work or higher learning and move on to higher paying positions or jobs.

I do write my elected officials and vote accordingly. My candidates just never win.

Sorry for ranting

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #24

A few billion?
Do you have a source for that?

Do you have any idea of the cost to taxpayers for illegals and illegals who have children here?

Just in California alone its billions!

Illegal immigration costs the taxpayers of California "” which has the highest number of illegal aliens nationwide "” $10.5 billion a year for education, health care and incarceration, according to a study released yesterday.... The report also said the incarceration of convicted illegal aliens in state prisons and jails and uncompensated medical outlays for health care provided to illegal aliens each amounted to about $1.4 billion annually. http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2115-6766r.htm

You can quote a nice "doomsday" scenario here but where are your sources to back it up?
"American farmers going bankrupt while their crops waste in the field, forced to sell their land" Very dramatic, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"
Sources to back your assertion?

A far as the WOD, if we protected out borders and our ports as we should and can, we wouldn't need a war on drugs!

About foreign dependence on oil, since your pointing fingers why don't you cast some blame to environmental wacko groups who oppose new drilling of wells in frozen artic wastelands?

One day Mexico, China and the Saudi's will have all of our money and we'll owe them a huge debt as we have borrowed huge amounts of money for our wars.

I fail to see how these countries will have "all our money"?? Moreover, why would we owe them for our war debt? Care to clarify?

Who have we borrowed huge amounts of money from to finance our wars? In addition, since you said wars, plural, which wars are you referring too? WW1, WW2, Korea, Iraq? Or it is just any war

So who do we borrow from and how and who owns the most American debt?

[B]the biggest holder of Treasury debt was the U.S. government itself,[B]

NOT,foreign governments

MSNCB
Updated: 3:27 p.m. ET March 4, 2007

The money is borrowed from buyers of Treasury securities -- which are basically a big batch of IOUs that are auctioned off every three months. As the auction date approaches, the Treasury figures out how much it will need to pay off old debt and cover the government's latest round of overspending.

When the auction day comes, buyers submit bids in the form of the interest rate they're willing to accept. You can choose to make a competitive bid (you ask for a specific rate) or a non-competitive bid (you agree to accept the average rate of other winning bids.) When all the bids are in, the Treasury starts at the bottom, taking the lowest bids until it has collected enough money to cover that round of borrowing.

The money flows in from all over the place: from individual investors and corporations, pension funds and governments, both in the U.S. and around the world. Basically, anyone with a large amount of cash looking for a safe place to put it is a good candidate for holding U.S. Treasury debt.

So just who are these lenders? As of last June (the latest complete breakdown available here, http://www.fms.treas.gov/tfm/index.html ),the biggest holder of Treasury debt was the U.S. government itself, with about 52 percent of the total $8.5 trillion in paper that's out there. Most of the government's holdings are massive savings accounts for programs like Social Security and Medicare. Just as you may prefer to keep your Individual Retirement Account in the safe Treasury bonds, the folks who manage the Social Security Trust Fund are looking for a secure investment, too. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17424874/

[B]GOD BLESS AMERICA
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
PROTECT OUR BORDERS[B/]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vegascpl:
I have good news for all of you. We are in Mexico for the next few weeks. As a result of your shouting there is a massive build up of Border Patrol agents. You can all rest easy as we are borrowing few billion for more agents. It seems to be a bit like our War On Drugs, but it is affecting the work force as farmers and contractors are having difficulty getting workers. So it may not be very effective but it is working.

I understand that the Mexicans are also getting prepared to supply us even more of our food as American farms go bankrupt because they have no labor to pick their crops and start selling off their land for housing developments. It will soon be like oil where we depend on foreign sources for food. It will cost us a lot more for food, but then again we won't have any need to learn a second language.

A lot of Americans are buying property here in Mexico which is driving up prices dramatically. Condos here go for $400,000 to $600,000 with upper floor large 1400 square foot units going for 1.3 million.

There is massive investment in Mexico these days from the US. I just want to tell you not to worry. One day Mexico, China and the Saudi's will have all of our money and we'll owe them a huge debt as we have borrowed huge amounts of money for our wars. The question then might be which language they will require us to speak?

The way it looks you are pretty much getting what you are asking for. Now the question is are you going to like it once you have it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Right-on Joanie

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
The answer is to VOTE. We as a nation DO NOT VOTE.

Half of us sit at home and say what will my vote do, it doesn't matter. It does matter.
Elected leaders say we won by a landslide and this is what "THE VOTERS WANT." {they may have been elected by only 26% of the people who can vote.}

We are the only ones that can stop what is happening to OUR country. Make sure you vote and yes we can say who will run for PUBLIC OFFICE.

Oh by the way it's not the person from south of the border I worry about, it the newest group of LEGAL voters that are here it the USA.
The muslums are slowly becoming a large block of voters and it is only a matter of time when one or two nuts try to change our form of govnerment as they did in the mid-east and than who we come to our aid.

Read the news and see what is going on in England-France-Spain. That the future problems for us. Bombings-law suits [France had a law banning all kind of head wear in schools].

I could go on for ever.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU VOTE

Thank you veterans for keeping our country free.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #27

Thank you

And thank you for your service to our country

I agree with "learn and read" about voting
HOWEVER I want to add,

DON'T VOTE UNLESS YOU ARE AN EDUCATED VOTER

Its not a popularity contest.
Its about real issues and honest leadership that effects our country now and in the future

So, if you can't be bothered to know the candidates position on issues and his or her character, then I would like you to STAY HOME

BTW, this site gives you the postions of political leaders and candidates.

Its a good place to start:
On the Issues

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garbageman:
Right-on Joanie

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:36 AM   #28

Intruders to this great nation have taken "OUR KINDNESS, FOR A WEAKNESS".

Politicians and liberals expect us to, NOT question their rant.

Look around you and be surprised to see just who is questioning the words of the outlandish left.

Beware of the sleeping giant from within, fore it is our nature not to be coheres into a sub-serving position.

Never underestimate an Americans naive to the masses around him.

More important, never underestimate an AMERICAN.

It is this strength that put us in the sites of the rest of the world.
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote