Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 AM   #29
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

apackof2, MMouser, read & learn,

I agree with you all 1000000000000000% !!!!

Vegascpl,
It will be a cold day in **** before Mexico, China and the Saudi's or anyone else will require us to speak any language other then ENGLISH in this GREAT COUNTRY CALLED AMERICA !! Once again I ask everyone to let their Politicians know we want ENGLISH as our Official Language!!

<span class="ev_code_RED">THANK YOU VET'S & GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!</span>
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #30

To Joanie Re: "Don't vote unless you are an educated voter."

NEVER HAPPEN - Just love those 'Man on the street' interviews where questions such as "Who is the VP of the US?" "What has Hillary done in her years in the Senate?" "Name the 1st pres. of US?" and so on & so on.

It seems as tho the average voter, when confronted with such difficult questions, are unable to come up with correct answers. These are the same people who will elect our next president. God help us !!!

I don't pretend to be the most educated on political issues. I'm of the opinion that whoever & whatever the party, they seem to be cut from the same mold. Promise the electorate anything & deliver nothing !

Have been voting for almost 50 years now & have been promised a reduction in taxes, a tightening of government spending for all those
years. I'm still waiting.
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #31

jodann

NEVER say never!

And

"Well done is better than well said."
- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jodann:
To Joanie Re: "Don't vote unless you are an educated voter."

NEVER HAPPEN - Just love those 'Man on the street' interviews where questions such as "Who is the VP of the US?" "What has Hillary done in her years in the Senate?" "Name the 1st pres. of US?" and so on & so on.

It seems as tho the average voter, when confronted with such difficult questions, are unable to come up with correct answers. These are the same people who will elect our next president. God help us !!!

I don't pretend to be the most educated on political issues. I'm of the opinion that whoever & whatever the party, they seem to be cut from the same mold. Promise the electorate anything & deliver nothing !

Have been voting for almost 50 years now & have been promised a reduction in taxes, a tightening of government spending for all those
years. I'm still waiting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #32

I dont' see why politicians would fear offending the illegals. They are ILLEGALS!! They can't vote. How stupid an excuse is that? They have no power to vote them in or out of office. Just do what you need to do and don't worry about how they feel about your decision.

Medicaid now is cracking down on requiring documentation to prove citizenship to get services. This is ticking people off. The media has gone out and found one or two US citizens that were "delayed" (not refused, just delayed) approval because they "could not find their papers quickly". What do you mean they could not find their papers? All they needed was a birth certificate that was original. Then the media said that BCs cost $10-25 and the poor people could not afford that. HUH?? I have had 6 kids and have yet to pay for a BC. You get it free about 4-6 weeks after you have the baby. Now, if you lose it, you have to pay to replace it. Tip here, DON'T LOSE IT!! Everyone knows how important a BC is. You keep it in a safe place. I still have my original BC that my mom got weeks after my birth. One lady had a 4 month old and could not find it. I have had mine for 35 years. She can't keep up with it for the 2 months she had it? Ridiculous. The media just wants medicaid and legislature to back down so that the illegals can get medicaid. Ridiculous.

Some one also brought up the drug screenings. I believe as well that welfare recipients should be drug tested, not randomly though, every time they renew benefits. And not just the "head of household" but every member of the household.

And yes, we do have enough legal Americans to support our businesses employment needs. We just need to get them off their rump to work.

BTW, I am hear in NC and hear Spanish as often, if not more so, than English. Some schools even REQUIRE Spanish for graduation. Not just a foreign language, but Spanish. I get laughed at for not understanding the English that some of them speak. They laugh at ME!! Our favorite Chinese restaurant now has more Spanish speaking waiters/resses than Chinese. They had to hire them because the Chinese ones could not communicate with all of the spanish patrons. When we got there sometimes, I would think we were in Mexico.

As for the real estate in Mexico. You obviously have not been very south in Mexico into the "real" Mexico. The only places where the cost of condos is high is the touristy areas. That is beaches and such. That is not just in Mexico, so don't have a fit over that. Any country with any beach front property has seen a huge spike in real estate prices. I lived in Hawaii for a couple of years and the locals could barely afford rent because of the rates. It is not just Mexico. People like to vacation and are willing to pay top dollar for it.

I have been WAY into Mexico. Queretero to be exact. I have family there. They live just like we do here. One is a dentist, one is a teacher at an elite school and one is an accountant. Their homes are equivalent to ours, only concrete, not wood. They have health care, same as us. They shop at walmart and the gap. They go to college, etc. The cost of real estate there is not high at all, in fact they just went in together to buy a huge tract of land where they all plan to build houses in the future so they are near each other.

There are also areas in Mexico where the people live in shacks and we passed by many "shanty towns" on our way south. The cost of hotels in these parts of Mexico are the same as here. The cost of a burger at McDs is the same there as here. The only difference is that there you have to work for what you have. It is not given to you. There is no free ride.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #33

Sandra, Well Said

www.gsowners.com/
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Living in south Texas, you really need to learn some Spanish as a lot of the legals have never learned English. What gets me is that we had Texas History as a required course when I was in public school here and we learned about Texas Independence, The Alamo and The Battle of San Jacinto. Now kids don't learn about the unique Texas heritage and the blending of cultures. Each year we see less and less in the media about Texas Independence Day or San Jacinto Day, but we sure do get lots of coverage about Cinco de Mayo. Someone said that they do not want to make a big deal out of San Jacinto Day as it will be demeaning to the Mexicans here. It is part of Texas history and we should be proud of the day.

My wife use to teach Spanish and French in secondary schools. She says the "Spanish" that the locals speak is really butchered and hard to understand for the most part. Those from farther into Mexico are much easier to understand and speak a more grammatically correct Spanish.

Recently we were at the emergency room with my Mother and well over 1/2 of the people in the waiting room were of Hispanic decent and a large number were there with kids with colds and fevers. They can not afford to see a regular Doctor and look for the ER to provide the care.

I better get off my soap box before I get to wound up.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #35

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Well said Sandra and Ken.

Here in Oregon illegals can vote. When you go to the DMV for a drivers license you are also given a voters registration form. This is illegal and my State should be sued for violating the law.

Any one can get an Oregon drivers license. Proof of citizenship is not required, except for Americans. I had to dig out the Birth Certificates when my kids applied for their learners permits and drivers licenses. If you are not an American you just get a card from your home country Consulat, whether you're here legally or not. They even have special days when the Mexican Consulat and Oregon officials go to communities and hold events passing these documents out.

I am fed up with this BS. I will not do business with people who refuse to speak English or hire illegals. I will not vote for any offical who does not have a stance on the illegal alien issue or is pledging to right this huge injustice even if it is only a County Commissioners race.

Americans need to stand up and SHOUT "We are Americans, This is America and we are not going to take this any more".

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #36

Well said Sandra, Ken stay ON your soap box ( I do!) and Paul, you are absolutely right when you say:

Americans need to stand up and SHOUT "We are Americans, This is America and we are not going to take this any more".

However we need to do more than just say it, we need to say it to our representives, local, state, national!
They need to hear all our voices joined together!

"Well done is better than well said"
Ben Franklin
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am really an American...1/16 Cherokee, so I feel for the uncontrolled aspect here.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Joanie,

You have met vegascpl and responded well . For a good read check out "Are Your Blinds Open" in this forum. I don't know what happened to RV Roadie, I enjoyed his posts. His posts made very interesting reading.

Our politicians have disappointed me, they have no........(biting my tongue)

There can be NO reason not to protect our borders, letting ONLY LEGAL immigrants in.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
Do you want to immigrate to Mexico? Here is a link to some of the rules.
http://www.mexperience.com/liveandwo....htm#ImmPolicy

Try this one on how Mexico treats illegal immigrants.
http://talk.ocregister.com/showthread.php?t=26737
Old 03-16-2007, 04:41 AM   #40

Thanks!
And I will check out the post you suggest

I sadly do agree with this statement:

However too many people don't get involved and let their voices be heard. Politicians can only get away with what WE allow them too!

Moreover, I will NOT allow my disappointment to stop my activism!

Our brave troops are fighting for our freedom and protection in the heat and dust of Iraq and Afghanistan, and I intend to "fight the good fight" with the "internal enemy" here at home!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom and Patty:
Joanie,

You have met vegascpl and responded well . For a good read check out "Are Your Blinds Open" in this forum. I don't know what happened to RV Roadie, I enjoyed his posts. His posts made very interesting reading.

There can be NO reason not to protect our borders, letting ONLY LEGAL immigrants in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #41

Excellent links.

Isn't it ironic that the government of Mexico wouldn't allow what we are allowing here?

And we are so afraid to offend Mexico?!!

Ludicrous!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom and Patty:
Do you want to immigrate to Mexico? Here is a link to some of the rules.
http://www.mexperience.com/liveandwo....htm#ImmPolicy

Try this one on how Mexico treats illegal immigrants.
http://talk.ocregister.com/showthread.php?t=26737 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-16-2007, 06:01 AM   #42

DH pointed out to me that when we try to send Mexican illegals back to Mexico that Mexico refuses to allow them into the country because "they have no proof of citizenship". What do you think about that?

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote