Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
Maybe all the smaller sites were taken when they parked theirs. To me it sounds like you feel like you are entitled. Maybe you should move to a different storage facility if it isn't working out for you there.
I didn't get that vibe at all from his post! Me thinks it's called COMMON COURTESY which by the way AINT SO COMMON ANYMORE!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
Maybe all the smaller sites were taken when they parked theirs. To me it sounds like you feel like you are entitled. Maybe you should move to a different storage facility if it isn't working out for you there.

Actually I'm very happy , we've been keeping ours there for 8 years .
A. No , there are plenty of the short spaces available
B. When we had our small camper , I , like most people parked in the smaller spots .
C. I generally always get into the same spot time after time , so the problem doesn't really effect me , I just think it's rude . Nothing to do with being entitled .
It's kind of like a couple who chooses the one table that seats 8 at a restaurant , when there are several that seat 2 or 4 .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamicamper View Post
Sounds like Wildcatter is having a bad day
:-) Not really but who knows, I did just get in trouble from the DW for stupid post, just been there done that, it does stink but if you want it to change petition the facilities management, all I was saying was maybe there were no smaller sites open when they pulled in.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Actually I'm very happy , we've been keeping ours there for 8 years .
A. No , there are plenty of the short spaces available
B. When we had our small camper , I , like most people parked in the smaller spots .
C. I generally always get into the same spot time after time , so the problem doesn't really effect me , I just think it's rude . Nothing to do with being entitled .
It's kind of like a couple who chooses the one table that seats 8 at a restaurant , when there are several that seat 2 or 4 .

I would agree with that, if there are plenty of spaces available than it is rude, however, I have had to park people trailers in storage units before because they have no idea how to do.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
A different tact.
Why not go to the manager of the Cracker Barrel and mention that a customer just came in and had parked across most of the RV parking slots.
Just maybe, this manager could see that one customer(or a couple together) is possible causing 4 other customers from coming into his restaurant.
Pissing of one customer to get 4 others sounds reasonable to me.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:28 PM   #34

I think were all whistling Dixie, at my age I'm going to take Post #6 advice.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:19 AM   #35

Just pull up right next to them (parallel). They can then “leave “ when I’M FINISHED... That way, they might get an idea of how inconsiderate they were... I was always taught to “teach” by example! On a side note, that “trailer” would have a hard time moving my 45’ , 46000 pound class A and toad. Then when you leave just smile wave and blow Em’ a kiss!
chuck.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #36

Reading through the 3 pages of posts here, it sounds like most people already hit the "rude parker's" list of transgressions! Rather than valve stem removal, I've always wanted to just have some small cards printed up that simply say "Learn how to park" and leave one under the windshield wiper!

I have to tell one story on this topic. Was at Stone Mountain, GA. While they have a big parking lot, there were no designated RV spots at the time we were there in 2001. So we went way to the end of the lot, farthest from the attraction, and parked across regular car spots. I left about 3/4 of a spot in front of me so I could turn my wheels tight to pull out (there was a curb at the far edge) as I had a TOAD and could not back up without unhooking, plus I figured someone might park tight behind me. When we came back a couple of hours later, with most of the parking lot EMPTY, here is a small car jammed into that 3/4 of a spot right in front of me! Now, that's a person that did it with intent or they are so stupid they shouldn't hold a driver's license! Fortunately, their twin brother didn't park behind me or I'd really have been in a pickle.

Side note: Stone Mountain was definitely worth the visit. As a US history buff, the walking path with each of the Confederate State's stats regarding when they left and rejoined the union was very interesting. And it's all in a beautiful area. I'll stop there again sometime.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #37

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On sort of another note I pulled into a rest area right behind a truck. The only spot left was marked as handicapped, which I can use and he couldn't. Felt bad that he had to go someplace else though. But, had he taken it I wouldn't have complained, after all, he's working and is required to rest. I'm on "vacation"@
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #38

Where we are currently workamping , the entrance is clearly marked with 2 lanes . If your a new arrival you have to stop @ the red line & go inside to register .
Daily , we have people who stop right in front of the door , not paying attention to the sign saying to pull to red line , and or parking right in the middle of the 2 clearly marked lanes , blocking the entrance
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #39

Sad isn't it. You forgot, they are Entitled!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Where we are currently workamping , the entrance is clearly marked with 2 lanes . If your a new arrival you have to stop @ the red line & go inside to register .
Daily , we have people who stop right in front of the door , not paying attention to the sign saying to pull to red line , and or parking right in the middle of the 2 clearly marked lanes , blocking the entrance
Now I'm going to have to push back a little on this one. As you approach a lot of campground entrances, there is a lot going on and usually a lot of signs with arrows pointing this way and that way --- Laundrymat here, pool there, playground this way everything but what you need to know. Sometimes the owners want you to park next to the registration building and come in, and sometimes they want you to park in the lane further away. Sometimes the registration shed is so close to the road part of you is sticking out in the road.

I was following a RV one time into a campground and he suddenly stopped. I stopped out on the roadway and waited not knowing what was going on. Someone came storming around the RV in front of me yelling "move it up parallel to him you are blocking the road. Do you want to get a ticket?". I pulled up parallel to the RV and stopped. Out came the same guy waving his arms and yelling "don't stop there pull into the campground and park over there and walk back. Can't you read?". It wasn't until the first RV left when I saw the sign on the side of the building wall that indicated "if the lane is full, bypass".
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
They are out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	986bdd147701e571381267e1803e2a00.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	208725