Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #967

Tiffin Owners Club
Route to Florida

I looked at 231 and 331 but I am concerned about fueling stops for my gasser. The I-24 and I-75 route has seven Flying J’s with RV fueling lanes.

I’ll be traveling from Vincennes to Titusville and think I’ll remove the worry of fueling by taking I-75.

Should I go around it through Atlanta?

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #968

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
I looked at 231 and 331 but I am concerned about fueling stops for my gasser. The I-24 and I-75 route has seven Flying J’s with RV fueling lanes.

I’ll be traveling from Vincennes to Titusville and think I’ll remove the worry of fueling by taking I-75.

Phil
Yes - fueling is always an issue with gassers and I'm I big RV lane user of Flying J - not sure how many miles it is down 331 to I-10 from Montgomery - but your rig should have enough fuel to make it to the Interstate. And sometimes you just have to say - go!! LOL We've been many places without Pilots or Flying J - always found fuel stops I could negotiate - just had to start looking at the ½ tank level.

I mostly travel the I-65/US231 route and always hit Flying J RV lanes - all the way to Ft Myers.....no problem!

And - - you may want to look at taking I-64 over to I-75 and down from there. I-24 has Monteagle mountain. That's a 6% grade up & down. Totally doable but it is a steep grade. I don't remember any 6% grades going via I-75 - just long pulls up and long downhills.....

Atlanta - I go straight thru - but never get there at rush hour.....

Good luck,

g
Old 11-24-2020, 10:44 PM   #969

I agree with Indy Glenn. Go through Atlanta, not right lane. I have read on irv2.com you may use the HOV lane unless your are alone in the vehicle. I'd be hesitant to do that as I'd be too slow.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:33 AM   #970

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Phil
Phil
We travel to Titusville every year from Westfield area.We always avoid Atlanta.Sometimes we take an Easterly trip thru Cincy to Lexington and Knoxville to I-26 over to 95 but the I-65 route we like the best is down to Montgomery and take 231down thru Dothan to I-10 we take i-10 past Tallahasee just a little ways and cut off on Hwy 19 down thru Perry and Chiefland to Hwy 27 over to Ocala and the 492 to 40 over to I-95. There are many ways to go but this one takes us thru horse country around Ocala and National forests and it is all good road.Hwy -19 is 4 lane and not well traveled much nicer than 75 with all the trucks.There are plenty of fuel stops along the way they're just not Pilots or F-J.It may take us an hour or two more but we usually take 3 days and just enjoy the trip. I try to avoid the Interstate Highways whenever I can and I have found Florida roads to be vey suitable for big rigs.We stay at Willow Lakes in Mims on Highway 1.
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #971

Tiffin Owners Club
Titusville

I wish I had known someone else went to Titusville. I grew up in Orlando (pre Disney) and went every weekend to the Indian river fishing. I would have asked you where to stay. I called everyone early in the year and nothing was available. I ended up getting a space at The Great Outdoors from a magazine ad.

Where should we investigate while we are down there thus year!

Is there a beach that us dog friendly! We have a 10 pound wire coat Dachshund.

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:13 AM   #972

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Where should we investigate while we are down there thus year!
Phil
As an FYI - - - - Many campgrounds start the next years reservation process in February. As a rule, current residents have first dibs but then open up to the public.

This year will be different down there......a good place to start to investigate a campground is campgroundreviews.com Just enter a city/town you want to look at.

First off, Canadians, for the most part, will not be there. I know our campground will hold Canadian residents space for next year - but have rented the space out this year.

Some people will not travel just because of the pandemic or waiting for the vaccine.

So - you may want to consider performing some campground due diligence before you get down there and once in Florida, go shopping for next year. I believe most places will require a deposit to hold a space for you.

Good luck.

g
Old 12-20-2020, 05:53 AM   #973

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Hoosiers and Honorary Hoosiers.......

It's Christmas Time in the Heartland.........

This will be the first Christmas we are home in 5 years......and not in Florida.

I was hoping for some snow for that white Christmas but sadly, the little we had is gone. Where I lived in New York was one of the places that got 36" of snow.....We always had a white Christmas there. That was 30+ years ago!

But now that we generally are in the Sunshine State for the holidays - I still have a problem with Christmas lights on palm trees........LOL

I hope this finds you and yours well, in good health, and ready for 2021! I know we are.....

Merry Christmas.....

g
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2020, 08:17 AM   #974

Live in Avon. Wife grew up in Crawfordsville. I am a farm boy from Ladoga
Old 12-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #975
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You just might get snow for Christmas Day in Indiana, Glenn. There's a front coming. We're supposed to have a white Christmas here in OH....first time in years.

I hope all my IN friends are safe & well. Let's hope 2021 turns out to be a better year than 2020 was.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Card.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	311959  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #976

We are visiting family in Jamestown parked in their driveway. We lived in this area all of our lives until relocating to the Black Hills of SD in 2013. Retired earlier this month and full-time in the 5th wheel now and will be heading South just after Christmas. We don't mind a white Christmas as long as it's gone by the next morning. LOL
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #977

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper19 View Post
Live in Avon. Wife grew up in Crawfordsville. I am a farm boy from Ladoga
Welcome Cooper19.....

Season's greetings.......

g
Old 12-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #978

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by workinrvers View Post
We are visiting family in Jamestown parked in their driveway. We lived in this area all of our lives until relocating to the Black Hills of SD in 2013. Retired earlier this month and full-time in the 5th wheel now and will be heading South just after Christmas. We don't mind a white Christmas as long as it's gone by the next morning. LOL
Enjoy your family visit.......

I don't think your departure for points south will be delayed too much by weather.....perhaps some snow on Christmas but in the 40s by next Sunday.......Gotta love Indiana weather......

Drive safe as the week after Christmas is very busy on the roads south.....

g
Old 12-22-2020, 11:05 PM   #979

Alpine Owners Club
Indiana Members

We are in Alabama at Miller’s Ferry a COE park. 1/2 price yeah!
Very few people here.
Dear daughter worked at Riley (she got her vaccine too) Children’s till this weekend so she informed us AGAIN, that we could not see her family till after the first. So why stay home. This really bites.
Weather here has been in the mid 60’s but cooling off on Christmas Eve.
Patty has the Bird decorated like she did the Alpine.
Have a joyous Christmas everyone. Happy holidays!
Stay safe and travel safe.

Name:	63019627715__1AC2C2F2-2938-450A-AF8D-C642929491E6.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	596.6 KB
ID:	312167Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1978.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	312168Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1981.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	417.2 KB
ID:	312169Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6404.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	443.4 KB
ID:	312170Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1983.JPG
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	312171Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6430.JPG
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	312172
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6425.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	664.0 KB
ID:	312173   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1983.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	312174  

Name:	IMG_1982.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	312175  
Old 02-11-2021, 04:11 AM   #980

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy Hoosiers........What Up???????

Time to check in........Where you at?????

We remain at home doing our thing......It is amazing how you can find things to do when hunkered down at home. We have both had our 1st vaccine shot thanks to the VA and we are busy making plans to get back in the rig and out on the road. As much as we miss our winter in Florida this year - it was fun to see "snow", and fun to play with the pup in the snow. (Its always good to see snow when you have nowhere to go!!) And now with a lawn blower - I haven't shoveled once - just blow!! LOL It did bring back memories of living in the mountains of NY State where it was not uncommon to get a foot or more per week - this is nothing!! ........and it was nice to take a break from our "home" camp ground in FLA - - later this year - we'll be the "new guys"...LOL

aa9zz - - How is that camp ground hunting for next season going? Tis' the season to be reserving for next year...

I hope this finds all well, just think, in a month or so, we'll be getting ready to mow!!!!!!

g