Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #1205

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Team Indiana......

Is everyone going over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house????

g
Happy Thanksgiving back at ya Indy Glenn!!
We get to dewinterize the rig and head North up to around the Fort Wayne area to have Thanksgiving at the wife's family's place. We get to driveway camp :-) which is always fun and free! I sure wish we could go south tho, it's too cold up there!!
Although, the weather guys are saying it's supposed to be in the 50's for Thanksgiving week. That's not too bad.

Hope everyone has a safe Thanksgiving and be careful out there!!
Doug
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2022, 03:36 PM   #1206
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group

I'm not going "over the river/thru the woods"...family is coming to me.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:24 AM   #1207

Not going anywhere either. We're home this year (well, actually, it's our son's home now. Earlier this year we deeded the house over to him. I retired in January, the wife still has a few years more to work. But's she's working 100% from home so we have taken full advantage. We both worked on the road (information technology for both of us), and the last 2 years was fantastic. Now that I'm retired, it's even better. We decided to deed the house over to our son while we both are still in good health. The day is coming (someday) when, the reality is ... we could end up in a nursing home. I saw my mother looses absolutely everything she owned to pay for her nursing home care the last 2 years of her life. She was a stubborn old woman who refused to somehow protect assets. She died... and I'm not kidding ... with 5 cents on her nursing home account and she finally was approved from Medicare. She had Medicare for exactly 2 weeks and then died. We are not making the same mistake and our kids end up with nothing. Thus, we deeded the house, added him to all our bank accounts, and now, neither of us have anything, any account, any tangible piece of property exclusively in our own names.

So, we "home" this year. I took the Montana over to Modern Trailer in Anderson for it's annual bearing repack event. Since it was there, I'm having them go ahead and replace 2 slide cables that are fraying. I can do this myself, but since it's there, decided to let them do it this time. I'm getting a bit older and really don't feel like doing the "contortionist" stunts again (at least not right now).

So, we're home. We'll have the one grandson, our son, my sister and her husband (they live in Anderson), 2 dogs and a cat. The wife is planning on making Beef Pot pie. Yes, that's not traditional. We don't do traditional anything any more. But my sister want's turkey. So we purchased 6 turkey legs too. Along with that, my wife and grandson are planning on making a home made (yes, from absolute scratch), Pecan Pie, Pineapple Pie, Chocolate Pie, and Pumpkin pie.

All of this while ... um .... yea ... I'm in the middle of a remodel of the kitchen in the house! (really).
Old 12-17-2022, 08:41 AM   #1208

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well - - it's a week before Christmas.......

I just want to wish my fellow Indiana Members a joyous Hanukkah, a Merry Christmas, and all the best for a wonderful holiday season.

Season greetings everyone.......!

g
Old 12-17-2022, 01:38 PM   #1209
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Same you to, Glenn, & to all !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Card2022a.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	382833  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:30 AM   #1210

We did our "Christmas" last Friday (Dec 16). The grandson will be with his mother this Christmas so we decided to go ahead and have ours as an early Christmas. So for us, the "big day" is over. But we're still enjoying the season.

Update on the Montana Fifth Wheel: It's still over at Modern Trailer in Anderson, Indiana. When they went to repack the bearings, they found that I had a bent axle. So they ordered 2 new axles and they are available. The only problem is, they aren't being delivered. This was before Thanksgiving and they can't get them delivered. They have all the other parts, new leaf springs, all the other parts, they just can't get the axles delivered. So, it's kind of disappointing.

Modern Trailer closes down between Christmas and New Year. On January 2 they return to work and then they participate in the Boat, Sporting, and RV show at the State Fair Grounds which starts (January 6 or 7?) So they have approximately 6 days to get ready for the show. That splits their work force in half. Some are focused on the show, prepping, moving trailers, and what-not. Others stay focused on sales and service at their location in Anderson. So repairs slow even more during this time.

They told me when the axles do finally come in, I'm the next one "in", as I'm now at the very top of the list. When I've followed up, my paperwork is always right up front, in the center of the service manager's desk. So, I do believe they are keeping me in 1st place! I do certainly hope they can get the job done before Christmas. But we're not counting on it now.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:09 AM   #1211

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSpor View Post
I do certainly hope they can get the job done before Christmas. But we're not counting on it now.
Glad you had a nice Christmas with your Grandson. The kids make the season special, especially the young ones....

Are you guys planning to head south for the winter?

If so, I too hope they get the axels delivered early this week to get your rig on the road....

Good luck, Merry Christmas....I Believe....!

g
Old 12-19-2022, 05:15 AM   #1212

Alpine Owners Club
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all!

We were out traveling from September 10th till October 29th. Will update you all on that trip later.

I cannot figure out where this year has gone. I finally got my RV Life, iRV2 and all the other websites linked together to my old account...I hope. Now I can get iRV2 on my computer.

We have no plans to escape the cold coming our way. We are watching the grandchildren's zoo! To make you all feel better the kids are up in Banff Alberta to ski this week. The weather up Monday - Wednesday is for a high of -14 and a low of -30...no wind chill. Not sure how much skiing they will get in. Friday looks like their best day with a high of "TWO"!!

Patty and I trust you all will have a safe and peace holiday season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas 2022 at Home.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	382948  
Old 12-23-2022, 11:26 AM   #1213

A new update on Modern Trailer. Good news, bad news. Good news (well, at least satisfactory news)...

Good news, got the call from them the axles were in and I'm back "in line."

Bad news, Modern Trailer is now closed until January 2.

Good news, or at least "satisfactory?" I drove over to Modern Trailer yesterday and they had moved my camper from the spot where it's been sitting for the last couple weeks. It's quite obvious it's been moved for the repairs. That means the camper in inside one of the bays in their shop getting worked on. So, the "satisfactory" news is, even though they are shut down now until January 2, my fifth wheel in inside their shop, in their NICE heated shop ... probably with no wheels attached right now. Now .... that's really not so bad considering Central Indiana is getting hit with this winter blast ... at 9 degrees below zero last night, wind blowing at 25 mph, and a wind chill of 31 - 39 degrees (below zero), .... ACTUALLY ... I'm quite happy the camper is under a nice WARM roof right now ... for the next 10 days or so!

Boy, it's sure cold out there. But my "baby" is nice and warm right now. So, I suppose, we'll delay heading "South" until February now.
Old 01-22-2023, 02:12 PM   #1214

National RV Owners Club
Looking for good Chevy repair shop for Class A

We have a 1998 National Sea Breeze on a Chevrolet P32 chassis. Need to find a good shop to replace the fuel pump, repair brakes (I believe Hydro boost is bad), & diagnose chassis electrical issues. Can any of you fellow Hoosiers recommend a place. Coach is totally mobile and would not have to be towed as of now. Drove her back this way from Colorado in October. TIA.
m.elliott63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:50 AM   #1215

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.elliott63 View Post
We have a 1998 National Sea Breeze on a Chevrolet P32 chassis. Need to find a good shop to replace the fuel pump, repair brakes (I believe Hydro boost is bad), & diagnose chassis electrical issues. Can any of you fellow Hoosiers recommend a place. Coach is totally mobile and would not have to be towed as of now. Drove her back this way from Colorado in October. TIA.
Couple thoughts - I might call Ray Skillman Chevy, on Post road east side of Indy and/or Hubler Chevy, in Greenwood, and ask if they service commercial trucks/RVs? If not, who would they suggest?

I googled Chevy commercial truck service and did not come up with much, although there are a lot of truck service stations out there.

I also googled RV Repair and came up with this:
https://rvrepairdirect.com/find-a-fa...facility_name=

Good luck,

g
Old 01-23-2023, 07:56 AM   #1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.elliott63 View Post
...Can any of you fellow Hoosiers recommend a place. ... TIA.
Call the Hare Chevy Truck Center in Noblesville, Indiana. Ask for John Pence (he's the manager there). Tell him Dave Edrington referred you. See if he can help. He's a straight shooter and tell you right up front with you. It's an actual GM truck center and I've seen motor homes in there before.

317-774-2975

Don't confuse it with the main Hare Chevy dealership service center. They will do trucks, but specialize more in cars and SUV's. The truck center works on actual trucks and is also an Isuzu commercial truck center.

https://www.haretruckcenter.com/

Hare Truck Center
3477 Conner St, Noblesville, IN 46060

It's actually located on Highway 32, East of Noblesville, about 1 mile east of the intersection of Highway 32 and Highway 37.

There's a round-a-bout right there it their shop.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:09 PM   #1217

National RV Owners Club
Much appreciated.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:09 AM   #1218

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy St Patricks' Day.....

g