Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2021, 06:57 PM   #1009

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakrism View Post
Phil
We are in Willow Lakes on US 1 and we own lot 209. We've been here since 2015 and we really like it. We have several friends in TGO and go out there often. Our place is much smaller and just right for us!! Please stop by if you visit!

Dan
I’m sorry to have taken so long to get with you. I may have just purchased another motorhome.

If you have time let’s have dinner. Is there a place where we can sit outside. I can pick you up or we can meet there.

I’d really like to meet and talk and my wife loves to eat out.

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2021, 07:19 PM   #1010

Hey fellow Hoosiers

I'm not native, but having lived in Indiana since 1996 I feel like I can claim at least partial Hoosier status. I'm Andrea. Live in Indy. Bought a travel trailer and 3/4 ton truck in 2015 and have kept a seasonal spot at Walnut Ridge near New Castle ever since. I upgraded to a fifth wheel and F350 after 2 years and drove out to Alaska and back in 2019. That was an amazing trip, absolutely loved it.

I still work, so have to manage vacation time carefully. I work in Evansville every other month on average for a half week so I've been taking the rig down there--even did so in January right before the polar plunge. Way better than a hotel. Looking at the weather for this weekend, got the itch to get out, so tomorrow going to pull it to Prophetstown, one of my favorite state parks. Have to work Friday so getting up at zero dark thirty for the 1.25 hour drive to downtown will hopefully be worth it. Not a fan of driving in from Lafayette having done it before, but I want to dewinterize and need the water that Prophetstown has year round. Walnut Ridge has water off until mid April.

I'm heading to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta at the end of September this year. Will spend about 6 weeks tooling around the Southwest, which will be another amazing trip. Thankfully I have a very understanding boss....

Also, don't know if you guys saw this, but there is a new program with the State Parks from Visit Indiana with an app. It's free to sign up and you basically visit whatever state parks you want to (they're all listed, plus some of the state forests) and check in via the app. It looks like fun. I'll get Prophetstown on my list tomorrow and am curious to see how it all works.

Anyway, the snow is melting, the air getting warmer, and my very favorite Indiana season is almost here. I love spring, and can't wait to get my fiver dewinterized (again, lol) tomorrow. Safe travels!
Old 02-25-2021, 05:37 AM   #1011

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeandTheBear View Post
I'm still a rookie Hoosier, living here only 9 months, in Gibson county just NW of Evansville. Just getting to where I don't have to use the GPS for everywhere I need to go.
Welcome George - - - - - I graduated Oakland City University. Great small school!

Welcome Linda, maybe We'll see you in Prophetstown someday - our favorite state camp ground. When thinking of reserving at Prophetstown, always think 6 months out as it fills up quickly, especially weekends. Electric only sites are easier to get over Full hook up.

Take care everyone.....

g
Old 02-25-2021, 10:50 AM   #1012
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Prophetstown is one of my IN favorites, too. Loved our pull-thru surrounded by pines.

We were there late one fall & the Meadow section was virtually empty. We took our Bounder over there & Dave taught me how to back the coach into those sites. I think we spent at least 2 hours doing it until I was comfortable backing on both my DS & PS (blind side) without his guidance. It was a challenge with the boulders they put on the corners, though.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #1013

Well, hooking up and getting out of Walnut Ridge was a challenge. Drive to Battleground was easy. Prophetstown itself is another story. Had to use 4 low to get into my pull thru. I think I'm going to leave trailer here and go home tonight. Bring a shovel back tomorrow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210225_203641716.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	319296Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210225_203347972.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	319297
Old 02-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #1014

There's 4 of us here all together. A class C, a Prevost, me, and a Montana fiver that got here after I did.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:39 AM   #1015

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdit92 View Post
There's 4 of us here all together. A class C, a Prevost, me, and a Montana fiver that got here after I did.
That looks like soo much fun!! We love campin in the winter, lots of times we've had the entire park to ourselves! It's a pretty cool feeling, when you pull into the campground and its completely empty! I bet this weekend, beings the weather guy is calling for 60's and sunshine, the campgrounds will be fuller than normal. My wife and I are almost to the point (because of campgrounds being packed in the summer) that we enjoy winter camping better than summer camping.
We were going to go this weekend as well but, wife has plans. Last winter we winterized and dewinterized 21 times
Enjoy your trip, your pictures really, really make me wanna go campin, lol.
Doug
Old 02-26-2021, 08:19 PM   #1016

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey! We’re neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeandTheBear View Post
I'm still a rookie Hoosier, living here only 9 months, in Gibson county just NW of Evansville. Just getting to where I don't have to use the GPS for everywhere I need to go.
I’m from Vincennes. Right now I am wintering in Florida and just about 8 miles from Dan.

Maybe we can get together this spring and meet.

Phil
Old 03-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #1017

OK - I've gotta try winter camping. Our travel trailer is not super high quality, so I'm worried about warmth and condensation, but there are ways to manage those issues. Would be nice to get there when there's no snow, have a bunch of snow, and then have it all melt before we have to leave. . .

Excited to hear about the new state park app - will be looking for that.

Bigger trips for us this year (so far):
1. Spring break - Gulf Shores x 4 nights followed by Crater of Diamonds State Park (Arkansas) x 3 nights. Staying 1 night on the way home at Tom Sawyer Campground - pull-through site right on the mighty Mississippi.

2. Headin' West again - first will be Arches/Canyonlands NPs then on to Bryce and then down to south rim of Grand Canyon. We'll also drive through and maybe take a short hike at Capitol Reef NP (between Moab and Bryce) as well as Petrified Forest NP (on our way back home). 16 days start to finish. Yes yes yes - I know too much crammed into too little time, but that's how we have to roll for now.

Take care all,
Pete
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:25 PM   #1018

Tiffin Owners Club
We are taking the grandkids to Prophetstown at the end of June. Is anyone else going to be there at that time?

Phil
Old 03-04-2021, 06:03 AM   #1019

Hello neighbors

Greetings from East Central Indiana, Hancock County to be specific. For a bit of background, my wife and I both grew up in Henry County, IN. In 2017 we purchased our first camper, a 2015 Keystone Laredo. Since that time, we have enjoyed the travel and scenery that comes with traveling the USA.

We are both a few years away from retiring and are using this phase of our life as training wheels for what is to come in the future. We have no plans of selling the sticks and bricks but do hope to explore at a more leisurely pace.

Hopefully sometime we can meet some of our fellow group members. We have a few state park reservations for the summer. However, our annual big trip is around the first two weeks of October. (Fall Break for schools) In the past, we have traveled to Utah, Padre Island, and Myrtle Beach. This October we are hoping to travel to Top Sail Hill State Park near Destin, FL. Along the way to and from our destinations, we like to stop and see the sights along the way.

Safe travels to all.
ScottJ104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:35 AM   #1020

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ104 View Post
Greetings from East Central Indiana, Hancock County to be specific. For a bit of background, my wife and I both grew up in Henry County, IN. In 2017 we purchased our first camper, a 2015 Keystone Laredo. Since that time, we have enjoyed the travel and scenery that comes with traveling the USA.

We are both a few years away from retiring and are using this phase of our life as training wheels for what is to come in the future. We have no plans of selling the sticks and bricks but do hope to explore at a more leisurely pace.

Hopefully sometime we can meet some of our fellow group members. We have a few state park reservations for the summer. However, our annual big trip is around the first two weeks of October. (Fall Break for schools) In the past, we have traveled to Utah, Padre Island, and Myrtle Beach. This October we are hoping to travel to Top Sail Hill State Park near Destin, FL. Along the way to and from our destinations, we like to stop and see the sights along the way.

Safe travels to all.
Welcome ScottJ.....

We are glad you're here.......Don't be afraid to join in!

g
Old 03-16-2021, 09:56 PM   #1021

Alpine Owners Club
Dang it got busy here. Welcome to all the new comers!

Patty and I get our second shot Saturday at Riley Children's. Then we will get out for a little R and R. 1BIG BRD got it's fluids changed and raring to go. Have three trips planned for state parks so far in April. Two are for business at Potato Creek and Paynestown...which I really do not care for.

Early summer the plan is to travel west on business and cover the states of NE, KS, CO, NM, UT, WY, MT, ND, SD, MN and Iowa. Holy Cow that will be a lot of miles and many more SMILES. We might even work a vacation into CA. splitting our trip up in the middle.

Stay safe all and keep 'em shiny!
Old 03-16-2021, 10:49 PM   #1022
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There you guys are. I was beginning to wonder if you'd forgotten about this thread.

I really liked Paynetown SRA. We had a nice, wide back-in site there a few years ago. It was in the fall & just beautiful. Just that it was in a dead zone as far as OTA TV & Verizon (no hot spot for internet either). Couldn't get either there. Who'd have thought that close to Bloomington there'd be nothing! Guess that's why we always traveled with a stash of DVD's & board games. You sure have quite a bit of land to cover in that west trip! Hope ya have a great time (even if business is involved).
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote