Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #1

Insurance

hello rvers I need some input on insurance for rv c modle a modle and even a b modle any help would be great ty
JOHNNY5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #2

Really depends on whether you plan on full timing or just part time. Get quotes from all major insurers if you are part timing. If you are going full time, only certain companies write policies that cover the extra liability needed for that. Rates will vary widely depending on class, age, your driving and credit history, and by company. I have my full time toy hauler insurance through a subsidiary of Nationwide that Good Sam's was the agent on. Very good price and offered the coverage I needed. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by qchair62 View Post
Really depends on whether you plan on full timing or just part time. Get quotes from all major insurers if you are part timing. If you are going full time, only certain companies write policies that cover the extra liability needed for that. Rates will vary widely depending on class, age, your driving and credit history, and by company. I have my full time toy hauler insurance through a subsidiary of Nationwide that Good Sam's was the agent on. Very good price and offered the coverage I needed. Good luck.
That is excellent advise. It's as he says, is not always about price, I went thru a tornado last year Sept. 1.1014 that totalled our RV.We had Progressive Insurane And, I tell you this because they had SUPERIOR customer service and paid me $2000 more than I paid for it
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagamore View Post
That is excellent advise. It's as he says, is not always about price, I went thru a tornado last year Sept. 1.1014 that totalled our RV.We had Progressive Insurane And, I tell you this because they had SUPERIOR customer service and paid me $2000 more than I paid for it
Glad you made it through that tornado! Those things are scary and destructive. Glad to hear your insurance took good care of your claim!

Tags
insurance