Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2021, 05:51 PM   #43
tcg

It's funny you should ask this.

The other night I was watching an infomercial for something, part of the ad said not available on Amazon.

Of course it was, same exact product same exact price.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2021, 05:49 PM   #44

Burner replacement for a Suburban stove that is only 15 years old.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:11 AM   #45

Restricted products

Alcohol
Animals & Animal-Related Products
Art - Fine Art
Art - Home Decor
Automotive and Powersports
Composite Wood Products
Cosmetics & Skin/Hair Care
CPAP Cleaning and Disinfecting Devices
Currency, Coins, Cash Equivalents, and Gift Cards
Dietary Supplements
Drugs & drug paraphernalia
Electronics
Explosives, Weapons, and Related Items
Export Controls
Food & Beverage
Gambling & Lottery
Hazardous and Prohibited Items
Human Parts & Burial Artifacts
Jewelry & Precious Gems
Laser products
Lighting
Lock Picking & Theft Devices
Medical devices and accessories
Offensive and Controversial Materials
Other Restricted Products
Pesticides and pesticide devices
Plant and Seed Products
Postage meters and stamps
Recalled products
Recycling electronics
Refrigerants: Ozone-Depleting Substances and Substitutes
Subscriptions and Periodicals
Surveillance Equipment
Tobacco & Tobacco-Related Products
Warranties, Service Plans, Contracts, and Guarantees
Upholstered Furniture, Bedding, & Other Quilted Products
a7az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:19 AM   #46

I use all of them....whatever benefits me at the time. Most have all gotten fairly competitive with Amazon's fast shipping although maybe not quite as fast but most things I order only take a couple days. Amazon for most things, eBay for certain things, and rockauto for car stuff except brakes....get those on ebay.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:28 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
YOU can buy almost anything on Amazon. I say 'YOU' because I'm not an Amazon shopper. It may cost a little more but I prefer to do business locally and support the local stores and employees.
I turned down several jobs where people brought a trunk load of parts they bought from Amazon and wanted me to install them on their car or truck. Sorry, go somewhere else.
Small businesses stoke the fire in the economy here in a smaller town where we need to keep the locals employed. If these locals are out of a job they won't be coming into my business. The larger stores like Walmart employ local people so yes, I will shop there on occasion.
Have done the same. Support local if you can. Otherwise when you need the local guy, he won't be there.

Walmart? No thanks. Mainly Chinese junk. I figured out long ago that I can't afford to buy cheap. You just have to replace it within a year.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7az View Post
Restricted products

Alcohol
Animals & Animal-Related Products
Art - Fine Art
Art - Home Decor
Automotive and Powersports
Composite Wood Products
Cosmetics & Skin/Hair Care
CPAP Cleaning and Disinfecting Devices
Currency, Coins, Cash Equivalents, and Gift Cards
Dietary Supplements
Drugs & drug paraphernalia
Electronics
Explosives, Weapons, and Related Items
Export Controls
Food & Beverage
Gambling & Lottery
Hazardous and Prohibited Items
Human Parts & Burial Artifacts
Jewelry & Precious Gems
Laser products
Lighting
Lock Picking & Theft Devices
Medical devices and accessories
Offensive and Controversial Materials
Other Restricted Products
Pesticides and pesticide devices
Plant and Seed Products
Postage meters and stamps
Recalled products
Recycling electronics
Refrigerants: Ozone-Depleting Substances and Substitutes
Subscriptions and Periodicals
Surveillance Equipment
Tobacco & Tobacco-Related Products
Warranties, Service Plans, Contracts, and Guarantees
Upholstered Furniture, Bedding, & Other Quilted Products
Not sure where this list came from and I'm not going to check it all but most of these things they obviously have.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #49

It doesn’t pay to buy really cheap stuff on Amazon. If something is posted costing 1/2 of a similar item, it’s probably cheap and unusable Chinese stuff. I learned the hard way when I ordered a fuse kit assortment and wire crimp/shrink wire connector. Both assortments were unlabeled which made them virtually useless. Many of the wire connectors were not properly machined, so you couldn’t put in wires, after guessing what the gauges were. The fuses appeared to be very flimsy, poorly fitting. I winded up throwing both assortments away and repurchasing quality stuff at twice the price. Maybe I didn’t learn my lesson because I just bought a cheap Chinese power station. After 4 days, it’s still working, so maybe I lucked out this time.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:05 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
It doesn’t pay to buy really cheap stuff on Amazon. If something is posted costing 1/2 of a similar item, it’s probably cheap and unusable Chinese stuff. I learned the hard way when I ordered a fuse kit assortment and wire crimp/shrink wire connector. Both assortments were unlabeled which made them virtually useless. Many of the wire connectors were not properly machined, so you couldn’t put in wires, after guessing what the gauges were. The fuses appeared to be very flimsy, poorly fitting. I winded up throwing both assortments away and repurchasing quality stuff at twice the price. Maybe I didn’t learn my lesson because I just bought a cheap Chinese power station. After 4 days, it’s still working, so maybe I lucked out this time.
If you're not aware of these they will change your life. I love these things and it's all I use to connect wires these days. Heat shrink, waterproof, and solder all in one shot with a heat gun.
Tsinglax 420PCS Solder Seal Wire Connectors, Heat Shrink Butt Connectors, Waterproof and Insulated Electrical Butt Terminals, Butt Splice for Automotive Marine Boat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091Y92DS7/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_GFQFMQPWXYAFMGYDCF0J
Old 09-20-2021, 11:17 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post

The potential problems with opting for really cheap stuff isn't limited to Amazon.

Amazon does seem to have a large number of 'aftermarket' or 'knockoff' type products that leave a lot to be desired. For some product categories, it can look like the Harbor Freight of online sales. On the other hand, to be fair, I have frequently specified and been able to order original brand or OEM stuff on Amazon.

When I receive something substandard like your fuse kit, I always return it. I also leave honest feedback about the seller and do an honest rating for the product explaining the issue.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:18 PM   #52

Buy cheap stuff and get cheap stuff. No surprises there. But I ordered Blue Ox equipment on Amazon. I bought my EEZTire TPMS on Amazon. I've bought numerous name brand motorcycle tires on Amazon -- Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone, etc., and no they weren't old, outdated stock -- date codes were current. I needed a battery for my burglar alarm -- bought an Interstate brand on Amazon. Laptop battery? Dell branded battery exactly like original.

I had the option in most cases to buy cheaper but didn't.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:44 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
Buy cheap stuff and get cheap stuff. No surprises there. But I ordered Blue Ox equipment on Amazon. I bought my EEZTire TPMS on Amazon. I've bought numerous name brand motorcycle tires on Amazon -- Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone, etc., and no they weren't old, outdated stock -- date codes were current. I needed a battery for my burglar alarm -- bought an Interstate brand on Amazon. Laptop battery? Dell branded battery exactly like original.

I had the option in most cases to buy cheaper but didn't.
"I had the option in most cases to buy cheaper but didn't."

I think you make a very good point. One of the issues I have with Amazon is wading through all of the off-brand junk to get to stuff I actually want to buy.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:32 AM   #54

Another reason I like Amazon is that I can go back several years on my account and download invoices if needed. I recently had a warranty issue with a Progressive SSP-30X and was able to download a copy of my invoice from 2017. With that I was able to apply for replacement with Progressive's lifetime warranty and got the replacement in a few days.

Granted, I could have filed a paper copy, but good luck laying my hands on it 4 years later. LOL